“Friendly staff, great service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaipur
Devi Niketan Heritage Hotel
Ranked #75 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was really excited when I booked this hotel. So it doesn't have an online booking form, but that really doesn't matter when you arrive. On the wall are all of Admiral Singh's awards/plaques - it's truly amazing. The man himself is gentle, caring, and very friendly.

The staff really do look after you - they waited for my booked tour driver and rickshaw drivers to arrive, and even helped advise the drivers on the route I'd selected for Jaipur. The food, too (as a vegetarian), was wonderful - there was plenty to eat of a variety of foods, from paneer to lentils.

All in all, a great experience and a great place to stay. Definitely don't listen to auto drivers if they say there's somewhere better!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Devi Niketan Heritage Hotel

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I , along with our 2 children, aged 7 and 5 stayed at Devi Nekitan at the end of December. Admiral Singh and his staff were so kind to us and made our stay in Jaipur memorable. Admiral Singh also bought a bottle of peanut butter for my daughter in case she wanted it for breakfast. They helped us getting drivers for various excursions around the area, no issue to report. In the morning they let my son have a football so he could play in their garden, always accommodating where they could. We stayed in a Deluxe room with an extra cot. The rooms were large, comfortable and clean. Breakfasts were simple but good. You had toast, omelets and a local breakfast. I thought this place was perfect for us. We had the space to wander about the house, attentive staff when you needed them. Admiral Singh is extremely knowledgeable and shared so much about Jaipur that we wouldn't have been able to get from a guide book. This place is about a 10 min ride to the old town. There is a very tiny shopping complex about a kilometer away where there is a coffee shop and some fast good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Devi was sold to us by our Travel Agent Monkfoot as a beautiful hotel with amazing lush gardens. I was terribly disappointed. Saying this, the staff were amazing, the owner phoned to thank us for being his guests and apologizing that he could not be there. There are interesting photos and all in all we had a pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Admiral Madhvendra Singh - former Chief of Naval Staff of the Indian Navy who runs the hotel with his wife - is extremely nice and helpful. Devi Niketan is in the modern neighborhood "C-scheme", not right at the old "pink" city but not far by auto-rickshaw (the admiral or his staff can help you hail one if it's a new experience for you). And while near busy Sardar Patel road, the hotel, a converted part of the Singh family residence - part of the "heritage hotel" trend in India - is set far back so that you're very much away from the fray. This was our first heritage hotel and it was interesting to browse the family-historic mementos and photos around the site. And good restaurants are nearby - we enjoyed Four Seasons, about a 15 minute walk. There is even a beer garden in the area, "The Rock" (though we didn't make it there). Admiral Singh can also recommend one of the popular homemade ice cream places. See http://www.zomato.com/jaipur/c-scheme-restaurants for area restaurant listings, menus and reviews.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We had two nights at another hotel in the same price range and it was a difference between night and day. Devi Niketan was spacious but seemed very dated. They provided scary refilled bottles of water I would never touch. It was tidy and clean but needs an update. Location is great in that we could actually walk to a few places like Anokhi Cafe/Store, and it was a short rickshaw to attractions.
When we first checked in, the front desk staff took forever with scanning our passports/inputting our information, and we didn't feel comfortable leaving them with him while we went sightseeing. The place felt deserted in general and lacking life. We are an active couple in our mid 30's, and I know some people would appreciate this hotel for its age and history. It missed the mark for us.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This boutique hotel is the ancestral home of Admiral Madhvendra Singh (Rtrd) of the Indian Navy.

Admiral Singh has converted the home to a nineteen room boutique hotel while he lives next door in a new "modern" house. As a result and also because Admiral Singh is the owner-operator he is always available to the guests and makes sure everything is "ship shape". The rooms are priced competitively.

Admiral Singh greets everyone by first name at breakfast (included in the price) which runs from 7.30 am to 9.30 am. Breakfast consisted of serial, toast, jams, eggs as well as an Indian staple. The optional dinner was a well prepared rice and curry meal.

My room on the ground floor overlooked the swimming pool in the large backyard. As Jaipur was under a very cold spell during the third week of January 2014, the Admiral warned that it was too cold even for Canadians like me to use the swimming pool !!!!

On one side of the large well maintained front law is a basketball court for anyone inclined to shoot a few hoops!

Admiral Singh sent me detailed directions on how to hire a taxi and what I should expect to pay from the airport to his hotel. The Admiral also gave me lots of advice about places I should visit while I was in Jaipur and restaurants I could have supper at.

The staff could communicate in fairly good English. They were always willing to arrange a taxi for longer journeys or summon a "Tuk Tuk" for shorter ones.

Free internet was available in the public areas.

Laundry handed in the morning was washed, ironed/folded and returned by evening.

I have already recommended this boutique hotel and will stay there again when I return to Jaipur in 2015.

Room Tip: This is a boutique hotel so all the rooms are great. Some have four-poster beds!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel from 22nd to 24 December 2013. The hotel is very centrally located and all the basic facilities like ATMs, restaurants, movie houses, malls, ice cream parlors are very much within a radius of walk-able distance of .5 km.

The rooms were good, clean and neat. Owing to cold, the rooms are also equipped with heaters, which keeps the room comprehensively warm, The staff was very helpful and the owner of the hotel Admiral Madhvendraji was also very courteous and very helpful. He comes down in person every morning on the b/fast table to greet the families staying in the hotel and knowing about their experiences. He guided us about the entire Jaipur city which really helped me in touring. The courtyard and the backyard of the hotel is also very spacious with a swimming pool in the backyard.

As a point of suggestion, though the breakfast I had for these 3 days was good, I would like the management to explore some more varieties in the areas of breakfast like inclusion South Indians foods as well.

But Overall it was a very good experience!!

Room Tip: Really worth experiencing
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family