“Not a Haweli but clean & polite owner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Baba Haveli

Hotel Baba Haveli
Ranked #60 of 376 Hotels in Jaipur
Mumbai
“Not a Haweli but clean & polite owner”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Its not a Haweli but built in haweli style, away from both railway station and traditional jaipur area (we paid Rs.100 to auto from railway stn.,he did not picked us free as claimed on website, so its a NEGATIVE point)....otherwise rooms are good,though small and looks congested, but clean and having dressing table, almira, AC, TV....we had booked a deluxe room in 1250/- including breakfast for a couple, so its worth...bathroom with central hot water facility, towels, tissue, soaps etc.....Whole wall and especially roof of room is painted having erotic and classical pictures of Indian tradition....talking about B/F, its nice:omlet,orange jiuce, bread,butter, jam..........so its worth for its cleaningness and hospiatlity but away from Central position.....Host have ambasdor car but they were interested in taking high fare rather than conclude the stay of guest at nominal fare so we opted for auto and paid 80/- to go to Railway stn.

Room Tip: opt for larger rooms (not the deluxe) if not staying alone
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heavenindia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We have been traveling for 3 months now staying at various places. By far what really makes a place is the service you receive and this place is extremely accommodating. We had a great time with their driver that gave us a tour around Jaipur for the day. The rooms and meals were excellent as well as well as the owner and his son. If you want a very personal experience of Indian hospitality then I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I drafted my review and it is Exactly the same as the one below. Vijay Gautum was friendly (even when we arrive at 4.30am!!) helpful and on hand all the time we needed him. The rooms were small but clean and had all we needed. (the TV didnt work, but that was NO hardship) The hot water was a bit of a fiddly process but again, when shown it was no problem.Vijay was kind enough to provide our group with an extra room at no extra charge as he had the space, which helped enormously.
Any time I asked for assistance I got clear and sound advice.We hired the car also and found the service excellent.
At first we were put out that the location is a little out from the town, which makes wandering around pointless, but autorickshaws are plentiful (be prepared to haggle,or insist on the meter) and for a full day out its worth hiring the car and making the most of the plentiful sights and things to do.
Great food, good value for money, lovely owner, I would stay again.

Room Tip: I hear there is quite a difference in rooms and prices you can be charged. I was happy with our pric...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Baba Haveli was the only hotel during my trip that I would like to consider as a attraction. The beautiful wooden front door, unique wall paining, traditional decoration and furniture made me feel "Yes, I am in India!".

Other than that, the service was wonderful. They cooked your breakfast on your order, picked you up from the train station (even my train was delayed and arrived at 3am). All that were included in my room. I booked mine at the last minute however I have to say the rate was very reasonable ($25 per night) if you consider the whole service package you got.

The manager was so nice. He talked with me and gave me many valuable suggestions as a solo young traveler. They never try to sell other things to you like some other hotels would do. They treated me like family.

The only complains I had were minor: 1. it was a little far from the pink city. 2. wifi was only available in the lobby. But the wifi was fast and good enough for temporary checking on email and other stuff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tracy N
Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The owner, Vijay Gautum, is a very kind and generous man. He has a permanent smile on his face and provided excellent advice and service for me during my stay in Jaipur. His hotel, in actuality, is more like a nice guesthouse. It has a very homey and comfortable feeling to it. It's very clean and well maintained. He also has a hotel car that he hires out at a very reasonable rate for all his guests' tour and transport needs. He provides a map, and very sound and useful tips on how to make one's stay in Jaipur a safe and memorable one. The location is not great, so that's a mild negative; it's a bit out of the way, and far away from the City Center and other locales. But on the positive side of things, you're well away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It's in a safe neighborhood that will give you a sense of how the locals live. There's no real necessity to stay in the heart of the city. As long as you have the transportation you need to get to the old city, the city palace and Amber Fort and other sites, then staying on the outskirts of the main action was perfectly okay for me, You'll get a comfortable sleep there, and the good service and concern the hotel owner show to his guests is invaluable. And you can't beat the price. It's very good value for the money, and should I return to Jaipur, I'll surely stay there again..

Room Tip: Be careful of the auto-rickshaw and cycle rickshaw drivers. They get lost easily. Make sure you brin...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2012

my friend and I stayed here for two nights a few weeks ago. The place is really nice and has great character! The owner Vijay has put a lot of work into each and every room, and had really great artists paint traditional Rajasthani scenes in every space (the lobby, commons spaces, and our room). Really beautiful paintings and furniture. Mr. Vijay is very accomodating and helpful and SUPER friendly and nice to chat with. We arrived VERY early in the morning (6 am), and he was happy to let us check in early, and upgraded us to a "super deluxe" room for no extra charge. The room was comfortable and very clean! We had a nice balcony that overlooked a back garden area. The Hotel is a short rickshaw ride away from the old city of Jaipur. Mr. Vijay gave us lots of recommendations of places to eat/visit while we were in town. He also gave us advice on how to avoid getting ripped off! We used the hotel laundry service and had our clothes returned to us beautifully pressed and clean, for a very low price. I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Jaipur!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We enjoyed the beautifully decorated and furnished room, the friendly and welcoming manager and owner and his associate driver Kalu whose service we appreciated very much.
Very clean and well maintained. We felt welcomed and liked the energy of the place very much.
Breakfast (continental style - don't expect fancy fruit salads or specialities) on the roof top which provides a far view over Jaipur.
The diner we had at the house was delicious too.
Free Internet and WiFi in some parts o the hotel.
Definitely a homely stay