Let me start by saying that the property itself is not bad. It is centrally located, rooms are ok for the most part and is in all other ways a decent hotel for a business traveller. The hotel forms the rear portion of a mall, a model that is increasingly being followed for budget/upscale business hotels.
I wouldnt have been this harsh, but for one thing - the pathetic service. I can expect this level of service from no frills, unknown hotel operators, not a Starwood property. When you are paying good money, you expect things to work and any issues that come up to be proactively addressed.
It started right from checkin. At the front desk, somebody asked me for my details then asked me to wait. 15 minutes of standing around waiting, and I had to approach the desk again only to see that the person I spoke to was sitting with another large bunch of tourists. I had to go through the whole rigmarole again and was finally assigned a room - the 4th floor if i remember correctly (the one with the pool).
Now the fun part - noticed that the temperature control in the room seemed to be stuck at 25 degrees, which was a little uncomfortable with 2 adults and a child in the room. Since was planning to go out, called housekeeping and asked them to fix it while we were away. Also stopped at the reception along the way and informed them of the problem. Got back after dinner and noticed that nobody had done anything about the issue. Called up housekeeping again, the person who answered claimed he knew nothing about it. He sent someone down to inspect, who changed the wall unit and assured me that would fix it.
It didnt. Since we were to leave early next morning for a day of sightseeing didnt make too much of a fuss at that time. Got back in the evening and decided to take it up with housekeeping again. When I didnt get a response to my call, called up the reception and chewed out the guy who answered. Asked to speak to the floor manager, but the guy assured me of sorting out the issue and that he would personally come to the room to check. Someone from maintenance came, replaced the wall unit again and spent 15 minutes playing around with a thermometer before telling me that there was something wrong with the airconditioning in the room, and that they would change the room. Though i was in no mood to shift to another room (we were leaving next day morning) told the guy ok and asked for the front desk to call me.
They never called. The guy who was to come to the room to check didnt turn up either. I didnt want to create too much of a ruckus over a room a few degrees hotter than comfortable so decided to bear it.
Checked out early next day morning. A group of four on an official trip were at the desk asking for an early checkin. One of the rooms assigned to them was the one we had just vacated, faulty airconditioning and all.
Left a pathetic feedback at the desk, which nobody has bothered to contact me about, Was in half a mind to write to Starwood about this, but somehow didnt get around to doing it. One thing I am sure about - am never going back and would strongly suggest you dont either.
Other thoughts - Did not eat any meals at the hotel, so cant comment about the food. But there is an excellent "Kanha" just across the road with a family restaurant on the top floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points By Sheraton, Jaipur City Square, a quaint and comfortably serene hotel located in the center of the fabled Pink City. The comfort hotel offers the most enriching stay experiences for you and best of in-room services and facilities to ensure a pleasantly memorable stay. The hotel is not too far from the Jaipur Railway Station or the International Airport. All of the major forts, palaces, tourist attractions and markets are at a short drive distance from the hotel and its location is equally favorable for business travelers as corporate hubs and city administrative offices too are a few minutes away. Radisson Jaipur City Center offers prime amenities like outdoor pool, business travel desk, multi-cuisine restaurant, gym & spa, sports bar, sight-seeing tours and market excursions along with corporate & social banqueting facilities. Each of our 114 rooms is well equipped to keep you comfortably reclined during relaxing stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Jaipur Hotel Jaipur
- 4 Points By Sheraton Jaipur