“Disappointed”

Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square
Ranked #44 of 392 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Let me start by saying that the property itself is not bad. It is centrally located, rooms are ok for the most part and is in all other ways a decent hotel for a business traveller. The hotel forms the rear portion of a mall, a model that is increasingly being followed for budget/upscale business hotels.

I wouldnt have been this harsh, but for one thing - the pathetic service. I can expect this level of service from no frills, unknown hotel operators, not a Starwood property. When you are paying good money, you expect things to work and any issues that come up to be proactively addressed.

It started right from checkin. At the front desk, somebody asked me for my details then asked me to wait. 15 minutes of standing around waiting, and I had to approach the desk again only to see that the person I spoke to was sitting with another large bunch of tourists. I had to go through the whole rigmarole again and was finally assigned a room - the 4th floor if i remember correctly (the one with the pool).

Now the fun part - noticed that the temperature control in the room seemed to be stuck at 25 degrees, which was a little uncomfortable with 2 adults and a child in the room. Since was planning to go out, called housekeeping and asked them to fix it while we were away. Also stopped at the reception along the way and informed them of the problem. Got back after dinner and noticed that nobody had done anything about the issue. Called up housekeeping again, the person who answered claimed he knew nothing about it. He sent someone down to inspect, who changed the wall unit and assured me that would fix it.

It didnt. Since we were to leave early next morning for a day of sightseeing didnt make too much of a fuss at that time. Got back in the evening and decided to take it up with housekeeping again. When I didnt get a response to my call, called up the reception and chewed out the guy who answered. Asked to speak to the floor manager, but the guy assured me of sorting out the issue and that he would personally come to the room to check. Someone from maintenance came, replaced the wall unit again and spent 15 minutes playing around with a thermometer before telling me that there was something wrong with the airconditioning in the room, and that they would change the room. Though i was in no mood to shift to another room (we were leaving next day morning) told the guy ok and asked for the front desk to call me.

They never called. The guy who was to come to the room to check didnt turn up either. I didnt want to create too much of a ruckus over a room a few degrees hotter than comfortable so decided to bear it.

Checked out early next day morning. A group of four on an official trip were at the desk asking for an early checkin. One of the rooms assigned to them was the one we had just vacated, faulty airconditioning and all.

Left a pathetic feedback at the desk, which nobody has bothered to contact me about, Was in half a mind to write to Starwood about this, but somehow didnt get around to doing it. One thing I am sure about - am never going back and would strongly suggest you dont either.

Other thoughts - Did not eat any meals at the hotel, so cant comment about the food. But there is an excellent "Kanha" just across the road with a family restaurant on the top floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ArunHegde

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is my first ever Tripadvisor review, simply due to the outstanding service received at the Sheraton.

We stayed during the recent World Cup and every wish was granted. The door men, the reception staff and the housekeeping were faultless. We dined in the restaurant everyday and drank in the bar. The staff here were exceptional. The restaurant/bar manager/supervisor on more than one occassion offered to cook us whatever we wanted if we couldn't see something we liked on menu. He organised to have breakfast just for us one morning we were up at 5am and similar when we had a late night and was up late the next morning.

The General Manager made himself known to us, gave us his card and like his other staff promised to look after us. We enjoyed some of the world cup games in the bar and the staff were exceptional.

Best service ever experienced by a seasoned traveller. Well Done.

Room Tip: Room allocated was perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael307
FPBSJaipur, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing the positive feedback of your stay on this forum.

At Four points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square, we strive to provide our guests with best services and amenities. We are, thus, extremely delighted to know that you had a memorable stay and will share your words of encouragement with our associates. I am sure it will motivate them to offer even higher levels of excellence.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just back from jaipur, probably been an hour up most.. But my heart is probably left behind in one of their rooms.
Checked In on the 3rd of August,2014 just for a night. After getting a wonderful deal from cleartrip.. I had no doubts about anything to be less as it was not the first time I had been there... It never was a wrong decision.

First impression :-
Well you have this passage that leads to the front door of the hotel as its a part of a mall. And you are welcomed heartily by the security as they help you assist your luggage and let it go thru a small security check with your luggage.
I was full of expectations and yesss... They did cater for them... Front desk... Mr. Rohit, a person with great professionalism, surprised me with an offer of a complimentary cake for my fiance... And obviously it tasted well with a welcome drink... . Check in was super quick..
Rooms :- I had requested for a 6th floor room facing the same pool and luckily, I did get it... To add cherry on top of the cake, it just started to rain as I spread the curtains apart. Amazingly designed rooms with great amenities.... A few complimentary stuffs around to keep u happy.... With a lavish washroom... Great if you walk in as a couple... Spacious.... Excellent.... Well done four points..

Food - Didn't really eat much, except for the complimentary breakfast... Which was in my deal, countless spread... Amazing taste, confusing nail biting situations.. You cannot decide just one thing... The next thing Will definitely confuse your choice.
There was one place, I was a little disappointed, I had ordered for a dal makhani along with breads.. It was all it had when It came. I expected a few sides, like salads and pickle,no papad (Basic things) surprisingly, there was nothing. The price is high. I paid Rs.737 for just the three. Quantity was poor. I am sure you can work on that four points... So here's where I was disappointed.
Overall, an amazing property..... Truly deserving of being a 5 star.... No matter what the stats say... Eating inside Eatery - Their own restaurant, is a big question mark for me.. Just because the pricing doesn't make any sense to me... That's something they need to work on. Majorly.
Special thanks to Mr. rohit from the FD, and the others, who arranged a special treat for me and fiance. And personally assisted me to the cab. That was something, I haven't really seen much around.
For me its a winner, and I will anyday recommend Four Points by Sheraton, to everyone and will consider staying here for my future trips as well..
Thank you Four Points for an amazing Hospitality...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aviatorsparsh
FPBSJaipur, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing the wonderful experience of your stay on this forum and for rating us “5/5”.So glad that the arrival experience was so efficient and that you had such an exceptional stay with us. Hope travels bring you back for yet another memorable stay. While the issue of pricing is contentious, our research shows that it reflects the industry standards.

Thank you again for your custom and for recommending us on this forum. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We Stayed at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur during the Last leg of our 12 Days long Rajasthan Road Trip as we wanted to refresh ourselves before moving to our Final Destination Delhi and we think that our decision was pretty good.

We reached the Hotel in the evening while returning from Udaipur and received a wonderful welcome at the reception and were Checked In in No Time... As we were tired we asked for a Spa (massage) reservation and to our surprise it was arranged even though it was very late and they already had reservations for the last slot. The massage was very refreshing and wonderful.

The Hotel location is good as it is near to the Airport, Delhi Highway, Sanganer & City Centre. The Hotel is a decent property business Hotel as well as for Jaipur Sightseeing Trip. We stayed in the Club Room and can say the Room is comfortable and spacious with decent amenities of a business Hotel (4 star). The Room Service was prompt. The Breakfast was a mix of Indian and continental buffet to refresh you in the morning.

There are few negatives, like the Pool is small and not very pleasingly clean (Reason: there are many Pigeons in the Area). Even the Club Room does not have a Bath Tub which is much desired after a long hectic day to refresh.

Overall, we enjoyed our short stay and will definitely recommend for Business Trips as well as Jaipur Sightseeing Trip stays.

Room Tip: Tip: Try to stay at a Higher Floor facing the Main Road, you can get a wonderful view of Jaipur City...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dipankar01
FPBSJaipur, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the detailed experience of your stay at Four Point by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square on this forum.

Your review is highly insightful and highlights our positives while also bringing areas that need improvement to our attention and we appreciate this. Procedures have been implemented to ensure that you experience noticeable improvement on your return to us.

We look forward to serve you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is great accommodation to stay while on leisure or business. Staff is courteous and takes care of your needs. I have stayed here twice and had a great experience. Though pool should have good bar service which they can improve ...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChiefExplorers

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for making that point about Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square being the preferred choice for business and leisure travelers. Positive reviews are a perfect morale booster for our hard working team and we appreciate it.

Many thanks for reviewing us on this forum. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here on twice on business visits to Jaipur

Nice comfortable rooms and good service

The bathrooms are good

Not very far from airport though there are many other five star hotels on the way

Mall attached to the hotel so always easy to get a hand on something if one has missed

Food is Ok ..However in the category of south indian food in breakfast they need to come a long way

The drinks section is good and well stacked ..However prefer not to order cocktails .Will land into something different especially not a great experience with long island and mojito

Good connectivity to nearby places and overall a place worth the cost with good service settings and standards..

Room Tip: go to the top floors if you like good views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FPBSJaipur, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy to know that your recent stay at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square on your business trip was favorable.

It is a pleasure to learn that the various aspects of our hospitality added value to your stay, especially, our accommodations and its various amenities, beverage collection, services rendered etc. We have taken into account certain aspects of your feedback which will help improve where we are lacking. Many thanks for sharing the same with us on this forum. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

very comfortable spacious rooms , helpful staff ,tasty food ,variety of breakfast. its memorable and If again I will go to Jaipur definitely again like to stay their.This Hotel in near to Airport and also near to Choki Dhani Jaipur as compare to other Hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
FPBSJaipur, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time at Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square. It is heartening to receive your “5/5” rating of our hospitality.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the various aspects of our services and facilities. Your special mention of our culinary spread, accommodations etc have been very encouraging. Your feedback has been conveyed to our associates who are delighted .

Many thanks for sharing the wonderful review and for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again.