“Great Choice”

Ranked #68 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
New York City, New York
“Great Choice”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I found this hotel by chance and was extremely lucky to do so. The staff was great and the rooms were spotless. The hotel manager Mr. Rakesh was extremely hospitable, and responsive to my every need. He will welcome you as if you were a family member.
If you're looking for an affordable place to stay whose rooms are comparable to some of the more expensive hotel, pick this one. It's also relatively close to the major sites in the pink ciy, a 30 rupee tuk tuk ride away.

Room Tip: If you're traveling during the summer months, spend the extra money and get yourself one of thei...
1 Thank ucorrje43
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Luck by chance! That’s very interesting. Thank you so much for finding out time for sending us this review. It feels good to know that our rooms are adjudged as affordable (pricing) while the space and decor (aesthetics) is at par with some of the more expensive rooms that a globe trotter like you must have obviously stayed in. Thank you so much for saying so on a forum like this one. Cheers and God bless!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a day in a A/C dormitory. The hotel has free wi-fi and near to top restaurants of jaipur.

LMB Hotel, Rawat kachori, Kanji sweets, Nataraj Restaurant, OM Tower are just walkable if you like walking.

I was new to Jaipur and the Owner of the hotel helped me to get from the bus and reach very quickly, thanks Sir.

For the money it is great value. Stay here and eat Dhal Bhati and Choorma at famous hotels of Jaipur.

AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
WoW! This is what a budget hotel is there for. So that you have a clean and comfortable resting nest after a serious round of binging on the street and exposing your tongue to some of the rare Indian spices that rajasthan so proudly boasts of. Thank you so much for mentioning some of the very best that Jaipur has to offer in terms of food and also for appreciating our rooms, view, cleanliness and location. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again. Cheers.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I came here in July 2013. I loved this hostel since the beginning. It let me know a lot of others solo travellers, the staff was welcoming and pleased to help me sorting out what to do in Jaipur. Fresh air in the rooms, free wifi, amazing rooftop. What else?

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
WoW! Thank you for those generous words. It is delightful to know that you have visited us more than once. We would like to thank our entire staff and the view from our rooftop that made it possible. Thank you so much for believing in us. All the best for all that you have planned for rest of the year and may we add, that we’ll be expecting you again!! Cheers mate.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had a lovely experience in this boutique hotel. Very clean, staf real friendly, beautiful place... It is in a good localization, outside the polution of the city centre, but just 10 minutes to there by tuc tuc (we have a lot in front of the door everytime). The manager Raqish was so helpful with me... He resolved everything that I asked. I had some problems with my bank card and he land me his own mobile phone to I call to the bank and also he went to a cashmachine with me, doing everything until I resolve my problem. I will never forget his help. If you need a tuc tuc ask for Kham, a very sensitive and honest man. I don´t have anything to complain... I just want come back to here in a next time :)

AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We are so glad to receive this kind of rewarding feedback. Your words strengthen our belief in the values we started this hotel with and i.e. we care to serve. Such feedback improves the overall quality of the service as nothing motivates better than a constructive feedback. Thank you so much for sending this review and appreciating our hotel, service, location, tuk-tuk facility, drivers and our staff. We’ll be hoping to receive you and your friends again in near future. Till then… Cheers and take care.
Tokyo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed this hotel for 5days.
This hotels is very clean and beautiful. And the stuffs are very friendly and kind people.
If you want to go another place, you can book ticket here!
I recommend this this hotel.

スタッフもとても親切でとても居心地のいいホテルでした。
オススメです!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hitomi206
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking out time to send us this valuable review. It was our pleasure to host you for 5 days. We wish you all the best and hope to receive you and your friends soon. Cheers.
Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was looking for a hotel that will see the World Cup. So I found this hotel.
Also, I was glad also free Wi-Fi. (Other hotels need to pay.)

The room is clean, the staff was also friendly. You can become friends with tuk-tuk driver.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tottoitto
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hey! Thanks for putting this up. But really no need to thank us so much, we are a sport loving country. And after cricket and hockey, football is the most popular sport in our nation. God bless you :) and Cheers.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Rooms very cleans, nice people and good staff.
There are good commodation near like taxi, bus station and tuk tuk driver.
The best hotel in Jaipur it's here!!!
You can meet a nice people like Rakesh at the reception, can discover India with him, to learn hinid and speak english.
It was a good experience in this hotel to relax after long trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
It is certainly our pleasure. Thank you so much for taking out time to send us this valuable review. All the best to you and we'll be hoping to see you and your friends again... soon! Cheers.