“very close to nature”

The Tree House Resort
Ranked #6 of 437 Speciality Lodging in Jaipur
Reviewed 23 August 2014

If you are a nature lover you will love this place.The hospitality is good and the rooms are built on real trees , its very calm and serene.My overall experience of the place was great.But few things that were missing, this being or claiming to be a five star resort there was spa but no therapist .And there is no sauna or steam bath facility .And also there is no great variety in the buffet like real five star hotels.And the whole staff manager ,even room boys and waiters all were very good but the girl on the reception is very rude.When I told the girl on the reception that there is no therapist in your spa she said thats not hotel's problem because its given to third party .overall a nice place but there is room for improvement keeping in mind the price its charging.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank abhimanyu8

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Very green compact resort. Rooms are on raised platforms with tree branches passing inside rooms. In some rooms they feel nice but some rooms are inconvenient too. Rooms are furnished good and clean. Buffet spread is good and food is tasty. One can see quite a few birds. Overall nice experience but is overpriced. The sign boards on NH8 are very small and one must be careful not to miss them.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank rajeshsood54
Reviewed 30 July 2014

When my friend told me that we were going to the tree house resort i seriously did not imagine that i would be in an actual first class tree house......it was just amazing .... there was too much to take at once ....it was my friend's bday and at the request of our travel agent there was a lovely bday cake /decorations with candles n rose petals at the gazebo .....the staff were eagerly waiting for the two of us hahaha (we girls did take our time to get ready for dinner :P).... anyways the dinner n bday drinks were amazing....during the day we had gone for some archery (totally bringing out our tribal instincts), cycling and swimming (had to shed that extra weight)... u need to stand under the statue which has the water flowing into the pool...its like getting a back massage..trust me.. :)
The next day was our spa day with them lovely brids ... imagine getting a body massage while there are birds chirping and sound of a stream.....simply bliss.....
BTW here come the best part...so while my friend was getting her massage i decided to take a walk ....my curiosity led me to the upper parts of the resort and to my suprise they has water houses there!!!!!!!....at first i was like WTH !!! and couldnt stop running around trying to figure out where on earth had i landed.....it kinda brought my love for japanese style of houses...it wasnt exactly the same but it was pretty close to my reality hehehe...i sat on the bench next to the manmade pond (its a pond rgt??)....and suddenly the fountain comes alive.....i see a gentleman smiling and walking towards me ....he introduces himself as the manager and we chat for a while....he tells me bout the property and how it was build...i couldnt wait to get my friend here and give her the information...(obviously showing off my knowledge)...and trust me i did that....and with a last set of arrows we left the lovely place......
P.S- i would love to visit again but the replicas of the komodo dragons near the gift shop are just too much for me.....i realized my fear that day and it still haunts me...i dont know what will happen to me if i ever get to see a real one.....:(

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tashidb
suneeel, Owner at The Tree House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanking you sharing your valuable experience of your stay at The Tree House Resort- the World's Largest Resort of its kind. It gives me immense satisfaction to know that the Resort lived up to your expectations.For all of us at The Resort, nothing else matters more than to see a completely satisfied guest. I am happy that you were able to make good use of all the facilities including archery, cycling, swimming, The Aviary Spa, etc. to name a few. It was our utmost pleasure to make your friend's birthday a very special one. Your "discovery" of the Water Resort with its ponds and water falls made it a very unique experience for you. No wonder it has been hailed a one of the best new eco-resorts in the Country. Located on a ridge about 60 feet above The Tree House Resort, the Water House Resort not only offers splendid wooden cottages in midst of dense vegetation and water bodies, but it also offers a spectacular view of the Tree House Resort below, and the majestic Aravalli ranges a little beyond.
The Komodo dragons ( outside the Nature Shop) are finely carved wooden recreations of the actual ones form Indonesia. They have been placed next to the Nature Shop pond to give a feeling of being in a tropical rain forest- we are sorry it scared you a bit.
Thank you for words of encouragement.
Looking forward to the pleasure of serving you again.
I remain,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was unique exerience, great set up and concept. Staff has been very supportive, willing to go extramile to make the stay confortable - special mention of staff at dining hall. Peaceful, only birds and plenty of oxygen

Room Tip: cottages in the centre of the resort are good compared to the one's on the boundary wall
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RakeshKChitkara
suneeel, Owner at The Tree House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share the experience of your stay at The Tree House Resort- the World's largest resort of its kind. It gives me immense pleasure to have a yet another satisfied guest. We are happy that you found the experience very unique, and the concept to be great. We are happy that the staff lived up to your expectations in going the extra mile to take personal care, and that you were able to enjoy your holiday in the company of birds in a peaceful and a non polluted environment. I would like to reiterate here ( even at the cost of being repetitive) that not only are we committed to complete guest satisfaction, but have gone an extra mile to create a completely pollution free environment. Our commitment to " Protect nature, preserve life" has led us to plant over a million trees to convert a barren land into a rain forest.
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.
Your's truly,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife gave me a surprize on my birthday and booked this resort for one day(15th May 2014).

By chance it was rain that day and I felt I am not in Jaipur but some tropical rain forest.
A very well maintained property.

I believe we were the only guest that day but their was no compromise with services at all and the personal touch given by the GM of the resort was also amazing.

Above all my 2 yrs old daughter also enjoyed a lot everything which is available there.

Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mitesh_Jyoti
suneeel, Owner at The Tree House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out your valuable time to share your experience of your stay at The Tree House Resort- the World's largest resort of its kind. We are happy that you were very satisfied with the services offered at the resort. The staff, including the GM, are committed towards keeping very high standards of Guest service. We remain committed to our age old prInciples of " ATITHI DEVO BHAVA" - The Guest is equivalent to God.
What delights me more that you found the property to be like a "rain forest". The creation of this " rain forest" from a completely barren land, is an unparalleled success story in this part of the world. We are grateful to you for recognising this achievement of ours.
Thanking you,

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I went to treehouse last week with friends. We opted for the private suite and i must say it was overall a good experience.

Those who are reading this review do NOT visit treehouse in summers. (May, June and July)

Facilities mentioned on the website is not actually what it looks like.

You cant expect anything from safari there. There is no such thing as safari. Bird watching is good and you can find a variety from your rooms view. I really liked the ATV it was for 1500 Rs. for half hour. It was expensive but still worth a ride.

Now the food, i took a package that was inclusive of all meals so all the meals were on the house. You wont find good good outside the resort too so you're very much limited to the resort. The food was fair. Some things were good some were not.

So if youre planning to go on a small weekend like the coming 15th August. You must prefer treehouse if youre on a budget ofcourse.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Karan B
suneeel, Owner at The Tree House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out your precious time to express your feelings of your stay at the Tree House Resort- the World's Largest Resort of its kind. We are happy to note that your overall experience was good.
The facilities mentioned on the Website are all actual. I am absolutely surprised at your remark. I wish you had specified about the facility that was not as shown in the website. All facilities offered are world class, which includes Synthetic Tennis Courts, Mini Golf ( 5 holes), Billiard/ Snooker table of International standards, Aviary Spa, Activity room for kids, Open air badminton court, Archery center, Camel cart safari, Nature shop, Two Restaurants plus an open air dining lawns, Bar, ATVs, Jungle Safari, etc., etc..
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the jungle safari, and also found the ATV rides to be expensive. As far as the safari goes, the sighting of wild animals is never guaranteed but best efforts are made to make the trip as satisfying as possible. In terms of ATV rides, we are far more economical than other resorts including similar sounding names, which have come up of late on the Jaipur- Delhi highway.
Dear Guest, we take great pride in being the pioneers in introducing a new and an innovative concept in eco-tourism. We are today the most written about resort in the country, having featured on the cover story of leading magazines such as India Today, Conde' Nast Traveler, Elle, Outlook Traveler, etc.to name a few.
I assure you that it is our constant endeavor to provide the best of comforts and services to our valued guests, and our commitment towards our age old principle of "Atithi Devo Bhava" ( Literally translated means "Guest is equal to God) remains unflinching.
Thank you for your kind suggestions.
Your's truly,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I will start by saying that this place could be more pleasant in monsoons or winters. . I visited during summers ( june) . Rooms are nicely done ( though i found them a tad gloomy) The staff was courteous and the place is calm and serene , well surrounded by foliage and small animals ( rabits/ ducks etc) .

But in my view its not great value for money. A room including all meals costs inr 14-15k per night and i am aware that one can get a better experience with that budget. Food offered was terrible and needs significant improvement ( i am guessing it could be because of low occupancy) . Ac wasnt working properly. On the brighter side it was my friend's bday and the staff was kind enough to arrange for a candle lit cabana for the cake cutting.

My trip was dampened by a bridge disaster on the delhi jaipur highway which led to massive traffic jams and 4-5 hours of delay. The hotel staff knew about this which was going on for the last 5-6 days and should have warned me of the same while taking the booking on the phone.

Thus i give the place an average rating.

P.s- avoid the water front cabanas, they are not well maintained and the water bodies around the cottages look dirty.

Room Tip: Avoid water front rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NonTourist_traveller

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out your valuable time to pen your experience of your stay at the Tree House Resort, The World's largest Resort of its kind. We are happy that you found the rooms to be nice, and the staff to be courteous, and the place to be calm and serene. However, you have mentioned that you did not find the food to your taste. It may be important to note that almost all previous reviews have been highly appreciative of the cuisines served. However, said that, I do appreciate that the food served to you should have been to your taste and choice. Generally, we do appreciate if a guest does specify the food of his choice and taste at the time of check in to help them serve better.
We are grateful that you appreciated the fact that the staff remembered that it was your friend's birthday and organised a special cake cutting ceremony in a special, magical setting in a gazebo on the ridge above overlooking the tree house resort.
Dear Guest, you have given us a rare average rating, as stated in your review, primarily because of the work going on the National Highway, and that you had to face inconvenience because of your not being aware of it. The issue of the ongoing work on the National Highway has been on the headlines of all national news dailies, and unfortunately it may have escaped your attention.
As far as we know, by the time of your visit, it was reported that new service lanes had been added, and that the traffic was flowing smoothly. I personally feel saddened that for no fault of ours, and for things that are totally beyond our control, you have given vent to your frustrations due to traffic jams, by giving us an average rating.
You had also mentioned in your review to avoid water front cabanas, and that the water looked "dirty". Let me assure you dear guest that The Water Resort has been voted as one the finest new eco-resorts in the Country offering the best of luxurious accommodation. The Water bodies have marine life and plants, and hence cannot be expected to be clean like a swimming pool. The fishes and the plants are visible from the floor of the water cottages, which implies that the water is sufficiently clean as expected of a water body having fishes and water plants.
I assure you that all criticism, whether correct or not, is taken in the best of spirit and genuine efforts are made to improve all that which is within our control. After all, we are guided and motivated by the age old values of "Atithi Devo Bhava" which literally means that a" Guest is equivalent to God".
Assuring of our best efforts, and constant endeavor, to provide complete satisfaction to our esteemed guests.
I remain,
Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaipur
Lohagarh Fort Resort Jaipur
#15 of 385 in Jaipur
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
#14 of 385 in Jaipur

Been to The Tree House Resort? Share your experiences!