“My first laid back journey - Enjoyed it to the core”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaipur
Nirvana Organic Resort
Ranked #154 of 459 Speciality Lodging in Jaipur
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my first laid back journey to an Indian village. It was going to be a new experience for me and I would say - I enjoyed it very much. Here are some of the practical tips/ experiences for you:

Pros:
1. A village stay but very clean and hygenic
2. The hosts Manju and Maaliram Ji are very nice and simple people
3. The food is homemade. There is no menu. You will eat whatever is being cooked in the kitchen
4. There is a swimming pool right in the middle of farms
5. The cottages are decorated with simplicity. It is a pleasure to stay in them
6. There is no noise around but many sounds (sounds of birds, insects, gentle breeze, goats, cows and the sounds of silence)
7. Jaipur is not far if you want to spend half a day there
8. They can arrange an auto rickshaw for you if you don't have a car
9. The food is organic and is grown in their own farms as much as possible
10. You can volunteer for farming, visit nearby villages, sit on a camel cart, chop fresh food for the farm animals with Manju & Maaliram, swim in the pool, photograph birds, play in the farm (there is a swing tied to a tree)
11. Last but the most important - 'You can re-live your childhood'

Challenges:
1. Don't expect AC, Tv, Good quality internet signal or any other facility that you may get in a hotel. This is a farmstay and is purposely kept simple
2. Food is simple and home cooked. If you are looking for lavish meals then this place may not be for you

Note: My reviews are independent and in no way influenced by any person or organization

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. It is a small farm stay so there aren't many rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Gaurav B

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I am used to travel in the country side of India but When i just reached in Nirvana , i just feel in a heaven. A peaceful place, green with so many colors of flowers, the most beautiful traditional cottages i have seen in India, and most of all a very welcoming family.
A true Indian family, a family who is taking care of their Guests like their own family. We didn't spend long time but it is definitely the place where i would like to come back again. Because , thanks to the owner, it is a the place of ''TRUE''. Organic farming , Healthy food, green life , shanti and loving family.
See you again , all the Nirvana team !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coline N
Reviewed 27 November 2012

When we think of travelling and staying in a hotel we often search for the best of luxuries money can buy. We stay in an artificial world to find bliss that soon drains from our memory lane. Nirvana is a pure and fresh natural village retreat which provides you with the luxury of staying within nature and getting rid of toxins which affects you when staying in the polluted city and town.

Its a place where you can take a couple of day off staying in unadulterated surroundings. Listening to the birds chirping and eating traditionally cooked food is a treat.

I even recommend this lovely place for stay for travelers visiting Jaipur because its just 45 minutes drive from Jaipur city. You can visit historical little quaint village of Samode which is just 20 minutes drive from Nirvana.

Venture into playing long forgotten rural games like sitolia and gulli danda :)

Staying in huts (authentic mud cottages) with good bedding and clean and spacious toilets is a great experience.

Last not least the caretaker of the resort Maliram and his wife Manju are a great host and take care of the guests with a passion. Would love to stay here again soon.

Room Tip: Cottage with a separate sit out area
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank royalescape
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay at Nirvana Organic Resort. The host family on the farm were very warm and made me feel at home. The food was delicious and the accommodations were clean.

My only complaint is that the auto rickshaw driver on the back to Jaipur (which was arranged by the owner), tried to fleece me and asked for more money at the end of the ride. When I called the owner to ask him, he was unavailable and never returned my missed calls. Prior to this incident he was always available and promptly responded to my calls and emails. I almost felt that once he had my money, he no longer needed to make himself available to me. This last part of the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. The rest was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank aa243
arvindmalti, Owner at Nirvana Organic Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Regret your experience with the autorickshaw. We have decided not to use the services of that auotwalla in future. I was in a conference when you called, did try calling you today but there was no response. Would love to speak to you at your convenience.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I went to Nirvana Organic Resort with my family for two night stay and I must admit that this was a true experience of an organic resort – every thing was natural with minimum / no influence of the current modern world. With its setting placed in a very large farmland, far away from the hussle and bussle of the city life, all what I could hear was sound of nature. Birds chirping by, sound of trees, bleating of goats, etc. A very warm welcome was provided by the resort incharge who provided us one of the best huts for our stay – Yes I mean HUTS ! Clean bedsheets and comfortable bedding were a luxury in the huts. I also got an opportunity for the first time in my life to milk the cows and goats, try cooking using primitive cooking techniques, etc. Kids would also enjoy their interaction with nature.

A must go place if you are tired of the city life and are looking out for some peace of mind.

Room Tip: NA - The incharge is very accomodating and would try their best to keep you comfortable. Try to brin...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family