“Bad Experience. With a great hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur

Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur
Ranked #34 of 376 Hotels in Jaipur
Jaipur, India
“Bad Experience. With a great hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

This hotel is located at Tonk Road, a route which take you to ranthambore reserve and is very near to Jaipur Airport.
I went recently to this hotel, The road over which its located is under construction and it will not be over by two year as per local authorities.
I gave my car keys and had the token, No greeting at entrance,
No one to assist about the hotel facilities.
The SALSA lounge, having good pricing with happy hours till 8.00pm
The roof top is having a swimming pool but hopelessly close after 9.00pm
The tiger trail a good place to have your dinner with live acoustic music.
Rooms are really good, as this hotel is very new , a lot of chandelier all over the hotel
give a beautiful look to the hotel.

I left at 11.00 pm and reach the another destination by my car HONDA IVTEC.
Next morning to my disappointment i saw my cars left hand fanders, doors and bumpers totally scratched, and that's the worst thing hit to my mind.

Seriously i was furious but cannot do anything, in night itself if i had seen my car, i would had complaint to the hotel authorities but ...its now a bad memory which i have to carry all of my life till i have this car with me.

Room Tip: Please be cautious if driving in by you own car, employees handling the cars at front gate can give...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

We booked our rooms at the Royal Orchid through an offer by 'crazeal.com'. Booking and confirmation was smooth.
The trip from Delhi to Jaipur (about 300 Kms) by car takes about 6 hours with stops for lunch and tea or just stretch. The road is relatively smooth.
The Triputi Restaurant Midway made a good impression. I would advise not to order espresso coffee here though the Idlis were good.
On our arrival at the hotel we received a 'warm' greeting. Our first impression about the hotel was a good one.
Our room (no. 217) overlooked an interesting locality of Jaipur and we could catch a glimpse of how 'normal' folks live in Jaipur. The room was neat and clean although I would advise the hotel to do a more thorough job.
The room service is prompt. The room-bar is well stocked. The other arrangements like water and tea-kettle are well done.
We had our lunch at the 'Limelight'. Food and service were good and reasonably priced. In the evening we decided to have our dinner at the hotel due to our lunch experience. There was a small neat puppet show. Due to 'Navratras' we had the opportunity to taste authentic Gujarati 100% vegetarian food. We were delighted by the quality and the service.
We also had a look at 'Tiger Trail', a restaurant that serves only Indian food. We found it cramped and decided not to have dinner here. If you are a fan of 'tabla' music you may find it more interesting. We didn't visit the Lounge Bar.
The club lounge on the second floor was excellen and offers a large screen for news viewing, good magazines and newspapers.
Breakfast served by the hotel is excellent. Their staff needs to learn to deliver more consistently.
On our last day we ordered dinner in our room. The food was average. It's better to eat in one of the restaurants on the ground floor.
For sightseeing one of the finest places to visit is the Amer Fort. Definitely less commercialized and well maintained. Take an elephant ride - you'll love it!
All in all the whole family had a good experience at the Royal Orchid.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the lifts. If you love the sun then take a room avove the recption on a higher...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, 19 December 2012

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your stay at Royal Orchid.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team. We have made a note of your observations and assure you that we are taking immediate action.

We look forward to welcome you back at Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur to get us yet another opportunity to meet your expectations

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Mu husband and I stayed at the Royal Orchid during our first trip to Jaipur. We were extremely pleased with the hotel. The location was great - just a short tuk-tuk ride to the Pink City. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the staff was very pleasant and friendly. The bathrooms were big and very modern, as well. We definitely thought the hotel was a great value!

The breakfasts were great! The buffet was extensive and different everyday. We ate dinner there twice, as well, and were very happy with the quality and value of the food. Unfortunately, wifi is not included in the price of the room, but that is really my only complaint. As we were leaving, one of the cleaning crew called to the front desk to tell them that we had forgotten a pair of pants in the room - we were very appreciative and happy that the staff were so attentive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Jaipur!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ABCDUsa
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, 10 November 2012

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team. We have made a note of your observations regarding Wi- Fi.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I was at this hotel on an official visit with a collegue.Few hours after checking in my collegue,had amassive heart attack,and passed away in his respective room.I was totally stunned,and didn't know what to do.The hotel staff was a great help,and helped me in every step.I would specially like to mention the names off,Mr Anurag & Mr Digvijay,who did a wonderful job,in completing all formalities.thank you guys - if ever in Jaipur,i will sure be staying with you for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Patna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed at Royal orchid for 2 days on an official visit. It's really a nice hotel.Unfortunately I got hurt during my stay but the way the hotel staff care about the guest was amazing.They immediately called up the doctor .I really thanks to the security staff also who further took me to a good doctor and facilitated all other precautionary medical check up on the hotel cost itself.
Got hurt and was under pain but still they make my stay pleasant with high level of caring hospitality.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your kind feedback towards our staff and services. I will also ensure to convey your appreciation towards our staff . We look forward to welcome you back at Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur and giving us yet another opportunity to meet your expectations

Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at royal Orchid for two days. I found the staff really cordial and helpful. Service was excellent too. Only improvement I would suggest is the rooftop swimming pool. It felt a little dirty. Also for the breakfast buffet it would help if they could extend the non veg spread. It is conveniently located near the airport too.

• Stayed September 2012

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

We appreciate your kind feedback towards our staff and services. We have made a note of your observations and assure you that we are taking immediate action.

regards
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

i recentely stayed at the hotel royal orchid at jaipur for 2n/3d on 29th september 2012. the room was beautiful as well as the hotel but the service was pathetic. whenever the room service came to clean the rooms, the amenities like shampoo and soap were never replaced. Even on asking they were not.During booking of the rooms it was clearly stated on the website that a welcome drink would be given and a basket of chocolates, cookies and fruits would be kept in the room. However there was nothing there. When questioned about these facilities, the staff confidently said that there was no such thing and perplexed me into thinking that i was mistaken. on getting back when i checked the website, it was clearly stated that all these services had to be provided. Also when requested for flight timings, there was no response from the reception. I even went to the reception to know the timings but they promised me to call and tell. As expected nothing happened and eventually i had to call and know the timings from the authorities myself. IN SHORT TERRIBLE SERVICE!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank neerpriya
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear Guest ,

Warm greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur.

I am in receipt of your complaint with regards to your stay with us. I am extremely sorry to hear that you were unhappy with some of our Services. Please accept our sincere apology for all the inconveniences.
We thank you for sharing your experience with us which will help us to improve tremendously. The issue raised by you has been taken seriously and necessary steps are being taken to avoid such problems in future. We assure you a much better service on your next visit to our hotel. Please give us an opportunity to demonstrate our true hospitality.