“Mismanagement of banquet hall hiring”

Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur
Ranked #33 of 383 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My bad experience of Hotel Royal Orchid, Tonk Road Jaipur:

Copy of the letter sent to GM,Royal Orchid Hotel,Tonk Road Jaipur:

Dear Mr. GM!
I am a reputed doctor of Jaipur!
I want to hold a party for 300 pax on the 27 th or 28 th June,2014. For this I am in touch with Mr Santosh-your personnel in Banquets!
I visited your premises on Saturday the 14 th and met Mr Santosh personally.
We narrowed down for 27 th June for the party because 28 th and 29 th were booked!
I was told that a tentative booking of 27 th was already put in-WITHOUT A MONETORY ADVANCE and that the concerned person would be seeing Mr Santosh at 4.00 pm! It was after that meeting that Mr Santosh would call me informing whether your banquet hall was available or not for that date!
Ever since then, I have been calling Mr Santosh for the confirmation and I am told that the final confirmation would be given later!
I am ready to pay an advance money-It may be noted that the other concerned party has not given an advance booking Amount- whereas I have conveyed my acceptance and am ready to pay an advance cash deposit!
Till this moment-(12.03 am on 16/06/2014 there has been no confirmation or negation from your hotel's side!
What I dont understand is that if I am ready to pay an amount for confirmation,why the personnel are not giving the booking to me despite the fact that the other party has not paid a cash booking amount!
I tried calling up Mr Ajay Singh Bhadoria-am told he is a senior person incharge, but he did not take my call!
This seems very unprofessional and against the principles of business-needless to say that I am quite disillusioned with your dealings!
Please tender an explanation-deemed from an instituition of your level at the earliest!
Dr Kuldeep Sahai

PS: Since the morning today, I have called up Mr Ajay Singh Bhadoria of this hotel apprising him of all the above mentioned facts.He promised to revert to me in 10 minutes-which have not materialised in even 10 hours! On the contrary I received a casual call from Mr. Santosh Shekhawat informing his regret for denial of holding the banquet on the said date- It is shameful to see and be exposed to such unprofessional handling of a client
16th June,2014 8.50 pm

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank DrKuldeepSahai
There are newer reviews for Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Well my cousins and I were on an aimless roadtrip and I bless the moment we saw this hotel on tripadvisor.

Tripadvisor really doesn't speak of it much I would say. We expected it to be a reasonably good hotel as per the pics uploaded and reviews of the hotel, but it turned out to be an experience out of this world.

Amazing staff - from reception to housekeeping all wings of the staff are highly professional and very helpful. Right from your entry into the hotel to your exit you're treated like the owner of this place.

Pool - pool stands on the rooftop and is almost an infinity pool. Clean water and all basic and luxury amenities just a call away.

Pool culture - I once stayed in a hotel nearby where the women entered the pool wearing salwar kameez and sarees and the men too were wearing random stuff.(uhhh!! Irritating!!) Guests here were cultured enough to wear swim-wears when in pool. (a code has to be followed everywhere)

Jacuzzi in the room: right outside your room you'll have a personal jacuzzi in your balcony to relax by with total privacy.
Food: An endless choice of breakfast cooked to perfection which comes complimentary and other meals too very well prepared and served quick.

Fitness centre - would need some additions of heavy weights and flex machines but good enough to keep your gym routine on.

Overall feel - too good! Atleast a lot better than the other hotels in the same class!

Must visit!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your stay at Royal Orchid.

I am pleased to note that our Food, product and services were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

We look forward to welcome you back at Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur to get us yet another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

A very good hotel. Good food, Nice Rooms and very warn staff. Hotel is just a 15~20 minutes drive from the airport and located nearby to other hotels.
Good food at Limelight restaurant.
We had a conference in the hotel and we have returned for the 3rd time to this hotel.
Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: Take an even numbered room on 2nd floor..it comes with a swimming pool right in your room. They cal...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had buffet lunch at this hotel. The food, service and variety was good. The only suggestion is that they can improve the variety in dessert section. The air conditioning and cleanliness was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KHManager1

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

I am pleased to note that our Food and services were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team. We assure you that your feedback/Suggestion has been taken in a positive stride

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A common title but says more than it appears. Modern amenities and cleanliness of the rooms are such that they are waiting you for a warm welcome. Once inside the hotel or the room you are away from all the distractions or the stress you accumulated during the day. Foods are exceptionally good and available to the choice of all generations along with their courteous restaurant staff. I must appreciate the Help desk staff particularly Ms Pooja Thakur who guided and helped at personal level which is unforgettable. We just enquired about the movie in Raj Mandir, and she simply booked the ticket in no time otherwise we could not have enjoyed due to heavy demand. Her natural sense of hospitality is exceptional. "Enquire the thing and service is available to you" is only possible by the staff like Ms Pooja. At last, a must stay at the hotel while in Jaipur although is a little far from the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Reviewed 25 May 2014

As the title suggests this hotel is quite far from the City, it seems to be used for Conventions, Airport users and persons like us on tours. The hotel itself is excellent, very clean, good ammenities and helpful staff.
They have a business centre where you can use the internet free for 30 mins each day.
The rooms are very modern and spacious with both a bath & separate shower.
We used the restaurants, there are two, both for breakfast and evening meals. The food was good and plentiful and the waiting staff very helpful at interpreting the menu. The a la carte menu was good value and you can also have the buffet.
The pool is on the rooftop which is also the sunbathing area, you do get a good view of the surrounding area also.
A word of warning if you venture out of the hotel you will be befriended by large groups of very young children. They seem quite nice and friendly but then realised they were distracting you whilst one or two of them tried your pockets or even to get into any bags you may have - they got nothing from us except a backhander from my wife. And in fact there is nothing close by to see anyway, no shops or restaurants.
In summary a very good hotel to rest up in if you have just flown in or are on a tour.

Room Tip: Stay away from the children outside !!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur!

We appreciate your kind feedback towards our staff and will aim to improve our service standards even higher, so that every global traveller gets the same experience as you have received. Your concern in regards to the incident is reported to local authorities & tourism so that it is taken care of to avoid such incident with any other tourist / hotel guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Royal Orchid Jaipur to get us yet another opportunity to meet your expectations

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very contemporary rooms at a location very close to the Airport! My parents, brother and my family checked into three rooms at this hotel to celebrate a birthday! Lovely swimming pool and good food! The rooms are comfortable and uptodate.

Room Tip: Try to book the room with an attached pool!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amitabhlakhotia
Hotel Royal Orc... G, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014