“Do not miss out on staying at this hotel!!!”
Review of Rambagh Palace

Rambagh Palace
Ranked #5 of 382 Hotels in Jaipur
edinburgh
“Do not miss out on staying at this hotel!!!”
Reviewed 31 January 2009

This hotel is fabulous! You feel as though you are miles away from the hustle and bustle of Jaipur. The grounds are stunning, the pool area is beautiful, the spa pool is tranquil............I could go on and on! The staff are friendly and helpful and want to ensure you have a wonderful stay. The food is lovely and both the restaurants are beautiful. Do not miss this hotel out during your time in India.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fairmont123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Turkish first
Arizona
Reviewed 16 January 2009

I stayed at the Rambagh palace for two nights last week and this is one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed at. The rooms were well thought out and service is impeccable. In fact, it was so good I actually tried to find flaws, all to no avail. I give this hotel highest marks for the ultimate Indian luxury experience!

• Liked — I was treated like royalty
  • Disliked — Room a little on the small side.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Tokyo
Reviewed 5 January 2009

It simply does not get better than this. On check in we were upgraded to one of the Royal Suites and we were in heaven from there on.

Positives:
The room was plain superb. Very spacious and very nicely furnished.
The surroundings are just marvelous with both the interiour court-yard and the surrounding gardens being absolutely gorgeus
My wife was very pleased with the Spa which was one of the best ones she has ever been to.
We heard negative reviews of the Indian restaurant but we were very happy with the food and the service and they did accomodate special requests (as well as giving us several compliementary dishes). It was not the best Indian restaurant that we visited on our trip though (that honor goes to Amarvilas)

Negatives:
To be nit-picky - the historical tour is really a thinly disguised marketing tour of the hotels facilitiies such as spa and restaurants. They serve a glass of real champagne at the end of the tour though and it's a good way to meet fellow travellers.

Summary: The perfect place to get away from the noise and hustle of Jaipur.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Trieste
Reviewed 27 December 2008

The rambagh is wonderful!

Entering our room we tought that they had upgraded us without additional cost!

The palace is fantastic, the staff super friendly and the restaurants incredible (we eat on gold plates....)

My girlfried had an amazing experience with the SPA of the hotel

We would definitely suggest to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed August 2008
gurgaon
Reviewed 22 December 2008

It is a nice hotel to stay alongwith your family. it gives the true value of money. don't try to save money by choosing other cheap hotels of the city.. ... Manoj Sharma

Stayed November 2008
beachwood, ohio
Reviewed 5 December 2008

I wanted to take the time to write about this incredible hotel and share how much I enjoyed my stay .. This is my second visit to the Rambaugh Palce in jaipur, inia. Infact the frist time I booked with trip advisor, and it was even better then before. I found the staff was excellent and the pride and respect they have for this hotel was amazing. The rooms are always so clean and immaculate. When the service people come into the rooms to clean they were always so respectful and considerate to my needs even though they had a job to fulfil for themselves. In the morning your staff would acknowledge my presence and smile and remember little items of my desire and needs and this was brilliant. I could enter the dining room at breakfast and a waiter would ask me if I wanted my eggs cooked in the same manner as yesterday. The attention to detail was so appreciated. Whenever I looked puzzled or lost within a minute a staff person would stop me and asked if I needed assistance. This was amazing!
I found at the other leading hotel in town which I stayed at once, the people there seemed too busy or too nervous to stop and help me. At the other leading hotel in Jaipur, it seemed the staff people were always busy training each other to worry about my needs. Also I found the accommodation and proximity to the city was even better here at the Rambaugh. I also believe the training of the staff and their "beautiful smiles" made my stay even better.

A special friend I have swati, >>>yaduvanshiswati@yahoo.co.in a certified tourist guide , who is great in helping with land excursions in india would smile and glow whenever she entered this hotel to meet me on the touring of the day. Watching her own pride in the special history of this hotel even made me realize more what a special "jewel " this hotel is for everyone including the Indian people.

I will continue to share this knowledge about this wonderful hotel with my friends. Also I want to take the time out to share I was in Mumbai a week before the terrible terrorist attack. In fact my room was on the "6th floor". This will not stop me from returning to this beautiful country. Just like the incident in nyc 911, time will pass and people will realize we must not be afraid and allow terrorism to control our lives. New york city came back and people once again began to visit its sights.

I cant wait to return to india, and enjoy the beauty of its special sights and the kindess of its people.

• Liked — the historical background, cleanliness, luxury
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
New York, NY
Reviewed 10 November 2008

This is a very special hotel, our only disappointment is that we could only stay one day. The magic begins once you pass through the gates into the long driveway. it doesn't take much of an imagination to feel as if you're royalty.

We stayed in a deluxe room facing the garden/courtyard. While i am sure that it is one of the smaller rooms available, it was exquisite. It had a separate sitting/work area, as well as extremely large dressing room and very nicely designed & appointed bathroom. Everything worked perfectly, and we had none of the problems of a previous poster regarding out-of-date facilities.

The pool and spa are incredible. Used the outdoor pool & booked a yoga class (there's complimentary morning yoga, but we had to leave earlier, so were able to book a private session for only $25). Took the historical tour, which isn't that interesting (there aren't that many rooms that aren't being used as hotel rooms, so it's mainly a walk through the restaurants & spa), but it ended with a very nice champagne/canape reception in the bar. The sunset carriage ride is very special (only about 10-15 minutes), but it creates a very wonderful memory.

Service was wonderful throughout, from the check-in in the room to the very unobtrusive, but highly attentive service throughout our stay. There's even an attendant in the garden whose sole job is to whisk away pigeons from the greenery. I accidentally forgot my wallet, money, passport & iPhone in the safe when I left the hotel. Before I had even realized my mistake, the hotel had contacted had already contacted my travel agent which then called our local tour guide while we were waiting for our elephant at the Amber Fort. When I later returned to the hotel to retrieve my items, they refused to allow me to tip the employee who found everything.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. It is not cheap, but definitely worth it. Also, you should consider reading "A Princess Remembers," by Gayatri Devi. She recounts her life as the Maharani of Jaipur & living at the Rambagh Palace.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple