“Detailed review of Jas Vilas, Jaipur”
Review of Jas Vilas

Jas Vilas
Ranked #6 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Detailed review of Jas Vilas, Jaipur”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a short review for Jasvilas Hotel , tucked in a comparatively quiet locality in Jaipur. I intend to make this a short and factual review so that it becomes useful in deciding for fellow travellers to Jaipur!!

1. Locality : This hotel is situated in Bani Park, which seem to be a posh and comparatively quieter locality in Jaipur. Otherwise the entire city, in general , is very loud and raucous. Surprisingly, this is adjacent to "Hotel Meghniwas" , just next door , but I'm not sure if there are any other connections between these two , other than this.

2. Atmosphere , Structure , Rooms and Tariff : Atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming in nature. The front-desk manager is very cordial and helpful . I must mention that the owner Mr. SIngh is a true gentleman and helps his guets any every way possible to make their stay memorable.

Rooms are large , airy and well-lit . Toilet is fantastically clean and well-scented. Rooms have adjacent balconies , where one can just sit and read / drink / sleep / eat / relax!!
BTW , I have only seen two or three rooms which was offered to me , but Mr Singh informed that all rooms have similar characteristics .

I paid about 7K for two nights with Breakfast and Taxes . This is off-season , so quite cheap.
I was informed that this place gets full by loads of foreign tourists starting November, when the temperature in Jaipur becomes pleasant , so advance booking is best in peak season.

Food , Service , Attractions : Food , in general , is expensive in Jasvilas . You may have cheaper and better options in Jaipur city , but the place being a little away from city centre , you would require a vehicle . However auto-rickshaw are always available and offers cheap transport. Jaipur is quite secure as well. This is my 3rd Visit , and I never encountered anything bad or ungainly in Jaipur. However , I find the policemen in Jaipur to be very very rude !! I think they look at my car's number plate and see it's from a different state , and start behaving rude and even abusive. Truly Rajput Behaviour , eh ? :-)) . Anyway, This is a common phenomena in many cities in North India (and South India say, Chennai) though, you got to be cautious while dealing with Jaipur Police. Avoid them like plague , is my advice.

Services provided by Jasvilas staff are rated 5-stars. They are helpful , genuine , actually listens to your requests and try to improve. I think Mr. Singh / Mrs. Singh have been able to make them think the way they think about guests , which is great !!

There are quite a few attractions at Jaipur , we hired an Auto-Rickshaw for about 700/- Rs. , and went to Amber Fort , City Palace, Hawa Mahal , and the very famous Jaipur Bazar!!

So this is it , a detailed review of Jasvilas , and some inputs on Jaipur , as a tourist. Another factor someone must consider is the Jaipur Weather , its very hot and sticky in general , from April to October. I was lucky that it rained for two days while my stay in Jaipur , so I could roam around a bit in the city!!

Cheers and all the best!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Manza_on_the_road

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This 5 stars review is based on the fact that for the price paid, it was more than we could have imagined.

After a long drive from Delhi, with a detour in Agra in the same day, we were surprised to find such a great place in the city, without the city vibe.

The pool was clean and the staff super efficient. We decided to eat there, on the nice outside patio and it was an excellent idea. The food was out of this world, and our waiter always smiling.

We wished we had stayed longer. Jas Vilas is one of the highlights of our trip.

Suggestion: tell the office your expected time of arrival so that they can prepare the AC for you. Otherwise, it might be warm.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank love_travel_music
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We travelled to Rajasthan last week for a family holiday. It wasn't the best time of the year to travel through these parts of the Country, as it was extremely hot and humid.

Jaipur was one of the historical cities we visited and we chose to stay at Jas Vilas (recommended by family and I had stayed with them way back in 2003-04; I do remember that I had a good experience back in 2003-04, Jas Vilas then was a fairly new place)

Jas Vilas has changed quite a bit since 2003-04 and I must say for the better. Our booking was handled effortlessly. Jeetu (at the reception) had called me a day before my arrival to check if i needed any assistance with transfer to the Hotel from either the Airport or Railway Station. As we were driving into Jaipur from Udaipur we didn't need transfers but he still offered to help me with directions if needed. The hotel is conveniently located on the main road and not at all difficult to find. Our check-in was smooth and even before we knew we had our feet up on the comfortable single seater sofas in the room sipping masala chai and munching on crispy veg pakoras.

We had chosen Heritage Rooms, which are tastefully done. The colour scheme was pleasing to the eye and it gave us an insight to the essence of Jaipur. The linen used was comfortable. The rooms are also fairly large and perfect for a family of 4, with its nice sit-out/verandah (which was our hangout in the evenings). The Rooms are Large and perfect for a family of 4, they provided us with an extra bed. The Bathroom was well done and large with a wash basin for 'Him and Her'. The shower cubicle was designed to cater to the BIG +size fellas (like me;-).

The entire team of staff are courteous and efficient. Food was served on-time and to taste. However in case of any special dietary requirements prior intimation would be required. We had breakfast in the air-conditioned dining room which is located at the ground level and most of the other meals / snacks / beverages were served to us on the verandah just outside the room (you can opt the dining room especially during summer)

Overall service is impeccable. Food served was excellent both in taste and quantity. We used their laundry service which was also good. They have a lovely swimming pool (which we didn't use), it seemed to be well kept and hygienic...

My Co-Brother was unwell the day we checked-in; the next morning when the rest of us were away shopping and sightseeing, they kept an eye on him and by noon they even offered to call a doctor if he wasn't feeling any better. The owners Mr. & Mrs Mahendra Singhji lead their efficient staff from the front and keep a tab on all their guests to ensure that they are comfortable and their requirements catered.

On the whole we had a lovely time at Jas Vilas and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: The Heritage Rooms on the First Floor overlooking the pool are the ones to choose especially if its...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

What a little gem we stumbled across in amongst the chaos of Jaipur! This quaint, whimsical, charming hotel had a particular old world charm that is a rare find these days. We were very well looked after right from the moment we stepped onto the property. The concierge was very helpful with booking tickets and cars and recommending various sight seeing options. The manager personally came and said hello to us in the restaurant which was a nice personal touch. The room was spotless with ferocious air con and a lovely clean bathroom with hot water and a beautiful tiled bath. The pool and gardens were immaculate, a real oasis away from Jaipur madness! Would definitely come here again and recommend to all who come to Jaipur!

Stayed July 2014
Jodhpur, India
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Less in space, but huge in traditional protocol and welcome for their guests, Jas Vilas is perfect hotel. I lost my credit card in hotel lobby and receptionist informed me about it and sent me in room. Perfect! We had a nice sleep over there, provided with clean towel, soap, room freshener and of course a shoe polish man in the morning hours by the hotel itself. It was nice treatment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Eumundi
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wonderful place to stay in the heart of Jaipur, such friendly staff. The rooms are really quite special and always very clean and tidy. It is a little oasis to escape the madness of Jaipur.

Breakfast and evening meals are always to such a high standard.

I would happily recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chai T
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This little hotel was our delightful base for three nights at the beginning of May when the high summer temperatures made the little swimming pool especially attractive. Patio tables and chairs were ideally situated for pool-side breakfasts and suppers. Breakfasts were varied and delicious and could include delicious new season's fresh mangos - a great treat for those of us from cooler lands! Our lovely large bedroom on the first floor was decorated with the typical delicacy of painted and mirrored designs of the region. Helpful and quietly efficient staff kept the verandahs cool with rush blinds lowered in the mornings against the fierce sun, these would be raised again in the evenings, thus allowing the full impression of the cascading flowering plants down the attractive building.

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor verandah, overlooking the swimming pool was quiet and restful.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends