This is a short review for Jasvilas Hotel , tucked in a comparatively quiet locality in Jaipur. I intend to make this a short and factual review so that it becomes useful in deciding for fellow travellers to Jaipur!!
1. Locality : This hotel is situated in Bani Park, which seem to be a posh and comparatively quieter locality in Jaipur. Otherwise the entire city, in general , is very loud and raucous. Surprisingly, this is adjacent to "Hotel Meghniwas" , just next door , but I'm not sure if there are any other connections between these two , other than this.
2. Atmosphere , Structure , Rooms and Tariff : Atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming in nature. The front-desk manager is very cordial and helpful . I must mention that the owner Mr. SIngh is a true gentleman and helps his guets any every way possible to make their stay memorable.
Rooms are large , airy and well-lit . Toilet is fantastically clean and well-scented. Rooms have adjacent balconies , where one can just sit and read / drink / sleep / eat / relax!!
BTW , I have only seen two or three rooms which was offered to me , but Mr Singh informed that all rooms have similar characteristics .
I paid about 7K for two nights with Breakfast and Taxes . This is off-season , so quite cheap.
I was informed that this place gets full by loads of foreign tourists starting November, when the temperature in Jaipur becomes pleasant , so advance booking is best in peak season.
Food , Service , Attractions : Food , in general , is expensive in Jasvilas . You may have cheaper and better options in Jaipur city , but the place being a little away from city centre , you would require a vehicle . However auto-rickshaw are always available and offers cheap transport. Jaipur is quite secure as well. This is my 3rd Visit , and I never encountered anything bad or ungainly in Jaipur. However , I find the policemen in Jaipur to be very very rude !! I think they look at my car's number plate and see it's from a different state , and start behaving rude and even abusive. Truly Rajput Behaviour , eh ? :-)) . Anyway, This is a common phenomena in many cities in North India (and South India say, Chennai) though, you got to be cautious while dealing with Jaipur Police. Avoid them like plague , is my advice.
Services provided by Jasvilas staff are rated 5-stars. They are helpful , genuine , actually listens to your requests and try to improve. I think Mr. Singh / Mrs. Singh have been able to make them think the way they think about guests , which is great !!
There are quite a few attractions at Jaipur , we hired an Auto-Rickshaw for about 700/- Rs. , and went to Amber Fort , City Palace, Hawa Mahal , and the very famous Jaipur Bazar!!
So this is it , a detailed review of Jasvilas , and some inputs on Jaipur , as a tourist. Another factor someone must consider is the Jaipur Weather , its very hot and sticky in general , from April to October. I was lucky that it rained for two days while my stay in Jaipur , so I could roam around a bit in the city!!
Cheers and all the best!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jas Vilas is an India-based international standard quality hotel.The vast range of services is at par with services available in big luxury hotels of any part of the world. Years of working in the west has shown Mahendra and Rajyashree the comforts and facilities that guests require in a quality hotel. Drawing on this experience the services have been developed, matching the highest international standards and offering excellent value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Jas Vilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jas Vilas Jaipur
- Jas Vilas Hotel Jaipur