“Everything Tastes personal...”

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
“Everything Tastes personal...”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Just happened to hear about this chic new Patisserie in one of the poshest locations in Jaipur, so had to go check out as soon as opportunity opened. My Daughters B'day, so went to get a cake...was pleasantly surprised to see no fancy ..over the top decorations on the cakes and pastries there..just good ..home made looking and tasting goddies!
If you are expecting a Commercial , fancy looking, run of the mill cake this is certainly not the place! We would certainly go back again and recommend it , Almost everyone at the b'day asked where we got the cake from!
We would have gone 5 star but , the chef forgot one tiny detail we requested , that our cupcakes should have creme layer or filling...Else it was almost perfect!! Special mention for the charming young chef Tejasvi , she lends a personal touch to everything , wish her all the best!

• Visited February 2014

1.0
RATED AS
AVOID!
YESTERDAY / EDIT / DELETE
I am from Hyderabad. I had heard about Dzurt from a friend. We wanted to celebrate our son's second birthday in Jaipur with family and friends and thus got in touch with Tejasvi Chandela who owns this so-called patisserie. I spoke to her from Hyderabad and explained what I wanted. I followed it up with an email containing pictures of what exactly I wanted along with detailed descriptions of the cake.

I reached Jaipur and visited her at Dzurt and went over the details of the cake, the email I'd sent her earlier, the pictures - EVERYTHING. What I wanted was a 3 kg fondant-covered cake with chocolate ganache inside.

What we got really shocked and disappointed us. The cake was dull, flaky and the fondant items were half-broken already. With barely one hour to go for the party, my husband made a desperate attempt to reach Chandela who had conveniently made herself scarce when we went to pick up the cake. Her blunt response was that it was the best she could do and nothing more could be done about it at that moment. What's worse, they didn't even give us the right-sized box to carry the cake back in!!

We paid a whopping Rs 4000 for a 3 kg cake that made a whitewashed wall look more attractive in comparison. But what I will never forget is the way it made us feel about the whole thing. We've never felt more disheartened, deceived and robbed blind ever before.

My advice especially for those looking to order custom-made cakes for your loved ones - AVOID THIS PLACE like the plague. As the old adage goes, all that glitters is not gold. All those gleaming tiles and well done decor adds up to zilch If one is not satisfied with the core product. For all those cordon bleu diplomas Chandela so proudly displays in her trumped-up bakery, one expects a certain degree of professionalism or at least some sense of customer service. Chandela sadly displays neither.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank SVellanki
Jaipur, India
“nice location & ambiance”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

the location of cafe is great - in the premises of spice court restaurant. the interiors are good too. however, the place where the cafe needs to work is "menu"!!

the choice is pretty limited when it comes to pastries and cakes! what mars the concept of cafe is very limited choices for coffee both cold and hot!! if it was simply patisserie it was ok but for cafe one simply needs at least basic choices!! pastry and cakes taste ok, not great as such!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank caprijaipur
Jaipur, India
“peaceful place!!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

nice and peace full place to have a coffee. Although they need to work on their show counter presentation and the Menu's presentation.

• Visited July 2013