“Definitely my favourite hotel in India”
Review of Hotel Pearl Palace

Hotel Pearl Palace
Ranked #7 of 392 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have stayed in many tops hotels around the world, but this is definitely one I will be returning too.

I arrived in India on my own, on the 7th of Dec 2011 wondering what I had let myself in for.
Rajasthan was firmly on my itinerary and I had arranged to check in at the Pearl Palace Heritage hotel in Jaipur the following day. I was already positive about my upcoming stay, as Mr Singh the hotel proprietor and promptly replied to all my email queries before I had left the UK. He had already been incredibly helpful before I had even had a chance to meet him and express my gratitude for all his help.

As I arrived I was extremely pleased with my choice of hotel from the Lonely Planet guide. The Pearl Palace Heritage was beautifully decorated, and impeccably clean. I was greeted by Mr Singh's helpful staff that made me feel comfortable and very welcome. My room itself was beautifully decorated, and had all the attributes of a well thought out bedroom. There was a really comfortable bed and pillows, a wonderful shower and wifi access from the bedroom. All a guests needs were catered too in every manner.

I was later on greeted by Mr Singh, and his friendly manner confirmed this would be a great stay. I went onto dine at Mr Singh's sister property the Pearl Palace. The roof top restaurant had a really good ambience and was full of character. It was very individual and you could see that a lot of effort had gone into its structure. The menu itself was really extensive, with a wide choice for all palettes. The staff were helpful and the food delightfully presented. It was a great place to meet other fellow travellers and exchange information on upcoming travel plans.

Overall I had a fantastic stay at the hotel. The Pearl Palace Heritage is the definition of a boutique hotel. It had great charm and was tastefully decorated throughout with great attention to detail. Mr Singh, his wife and whole family were fantastic hosts, extremely helpful and humble.
I would recommend the hotel to everyone if you travel to Jaipur, you will have a fantastic experience just like I did. Just ensure you book early to avoid disappointment.
Thank you to all at the hotel, you enriched my experience of India more than you will know.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Friendly, helpful, smiley staff. Good room, hot showers and fantastic food. The roof top restaurant has a relaxing atmosphere. Brilliant place all round. The only small niggle was that our room was on the ground floor on the front corner which was very noisey. The side windows ran alongside the walkway to reception and had open vents for the air conditioning so you could hear EVERYTHING! Make sure you don't get this room.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor on the front corner which was very noisey. The side windows ran alo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank airspace
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Of all the places I've stayed in India, from mud-floored shacks to 5* hotels, Hotel Pearl Palace is a favourite and one I'll keep coming back to. Mr Singh has created a great establishment with helpful and friendly service, comfortable spaces to eat and relax, convenient location, and above all, excellent value. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank janhaz
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Nice to eat outside with a fire burning! Nice staff good food!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The hotel Pearl Palace in Jaipur is a wonderful place to stay, rest and have good time. I spend a lot of time on the roof top restaurant, when the service is quite long, but the place is really quiet and pleasant, and the food is good. The decorations of the hotel are gorgeous, the staff available and helpful, you can get many facilities. Everything is clean and cheerful, even the front of the building, luxuriant and colored. The dorms are very pleasant too. If you want to stay in the pearl, you should book at least a week before because, despite of the numerous rooms, it can be quickly full.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank pleonasme
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My daughter and I have stayed twice at this hotel and the new sister Pearl Palace Heritage Hotel, both run by Mr Singh and his family.
We have enjoyed it very much, and find Mr Singh, and his family, the ideal hosts. His staff are well trained and helpful and the rooms spotlessly clean and very well furnished.
At the Heritage hotel we had large rooms with individual furnishings of very high standard, lots of hot water, good showers and free internet on the rooms' computer, good air-con (which was quiet) and a fridge in the room.
We can recommend the rooftop restaurant at the Pearl Palace hotel - excellent food at very reasonable prices. There is a free tuk-tuk shuttle between the hotels, or one can walk; it's not far.
We also enjoyed shopping in the jewellery shop , on the restaurant level - run by Mr Nirmal Surana, and Mr Singh. Again, very good prices for some lovely pieces of jewellery.
This hotel is such a place of calm in the mahem of Jaipur.
We would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Textile_arts
Reviewed 29 December 2011

pearl palace is a a great backpackers hostel in the heart of jaipur. It is only 15 min from the railway station and 15 min away from the pink city. They have free wireless. the have good friendly service. The best part is the restaurant at the top, where you can meet interesting people over a coffee or beer. The couple who run the place are very hospitable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends