“Beautiful Ambiance”
Review of Umaid Mahal

Umaid Mahal
Ranked #24 of 385 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Had a great time during my stay 2 days back for a night. The staff was very courteous. The Ambiance, the decor everything was so very beautiful. I would love to stay there again on my next visit. The only thing I didn't like was the buffet breakfast and my advice to the next visitors to just check what is cooking in the kitchen for the buffet, or simply go for paid breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mani_Arora

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The kind of exotic old places that Brits go crazy for, and that I have started to appreciate as an acquired taste. No more to say but I can say it again to reach the 200 min chars: The kind of exotic old places that Brits go crazy for, and that I have started to appreciate as an acquired taste. Ah, I was forgetting, I do not like very much that TA lets me write reviews only for the sites that pay their fees. During the same trip I used a taxi with driver, Anil Chhanbra, anil.tourindia@gmail.com, and I would very much like to recommend his wonderful and competent service, numerous suggestions and friendly attitude as well. I found no way of doing that, it seems that TA does not allow me unless by this subterfuge. Anyways, call Anil for your trips and stay at Umaid when in Jaipur...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had a great time during my stay. The staff are very courteous and helpful. The decor of the room as well as the lobby area has a very royal feel to it. The hotel restaurant is very good and the staff there got us lunch even though I arrived 5 minutes to the closing time. I would definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel has a beautiful interior with an impressive selection of deco. Staff are friendly, stunning., feel like staying in a royal guest house.
If come to Jaipur must stay here again....no problem. ..keep it up..outstanding

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've stayed at both this hotel and it's siter hotel the Umaid Bhawan close by. Rooms are clean and interesting, the shower is fine with plenty of hot water. The porters were quick and efficient in getting our bags to and from our rooms. Not the most friendly service but that's pretty much what I've come to expect when traveling in India.

We had an early lunch on the rooftop as the kitchen was just opening. The food was just so so but I think this was a matter of the kitchen not being full up to speed. Breakfast was fine and is served in the basement level alongside the shiniest bar I've ever seen, hard to stop staring at all the shiny bits.

The hotel has a car rental agency with a web site. Prices are very competitive with what you'd find asking around travel agencies. Their cars are in good shape and the drivers speak good English, they do hint strongly at receiving a tip. We hired one of their cars for a Jaipur > Delhi Airport drop.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Certainly one of the best 3 star hotel in Jaipur.
Clean, staff very attentive, quiet and safe area.
Nicely decorated, puts your back in the 19th century
with the magnificient hotel decor.
Very competetive rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Umaid Mahal came recommended to us. We weren't sure exactly what to expect, but the fine facade of the hotel, the welcome we received on arrival and the decor and cleanliness of our room set us at ease. The service throughout our stay was exemplary; personal, thoughtful and timely. Umaid Mahal? Recommended!

Room Tip: If you're being collected from Jaipur train station, be sure and get a phone number for the driv...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Jaipur hotels
Umaid Bhawan Heritage House Hotel
#6 of 385 in Jaipur
Hotel Meghniwas
Hotel Meghniwas
#9 of 385 in Jaipur

Been to Umaid Mahal? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Umaid Mahal

Address: C-20 / B-2 Bihari Marg | Opp. Lane of K.P. Automotives, Bani Park, Jaipur 302016, India
Region: India > Rajasthan > Jaipur District > Jaipur
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#17 Family Hotel in Jaipur
#22 Romantic Hotel in Jaipur
#27 Business Hotel in Jaipur
Price Range: £50 - £68 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Umaid Mahal 3.5*
Welcome to a unique experience in Jaipur Umaid Mahal - one of the most classic Jaipur Hotels welcomes you to the world of traditional Rajasthani hospitality in this pink city Jaipur. Forget your worries in this beautiful and comfortable mini castle whose warm hospitality and splendor will linger in your minds forever.Umaid Mahal is built as heritage style Jaipur hotel with some of the most exclusive interiors and ambience in Jaipur city.Being a world popular tourism destination, Jaipur always has a longing to serve its national and international guests up to the mark with perfection. To solve this purpose, our hotel in Jaipur is always prepared for welcoming guests with warmth, love and care for their convenience. Though the hotels in Jaipur are built with historical and ethnic touch, there are available all sorts of advanced facilities for the tourists so that they do not feel any sort of difficulty in here. We welcome you to Jaipur, we welcome you our small paradise.This Jaipur budget hotel is run by the members of the erstwhile family of Borundra (near Jodhpur) under the able and experienced guidance of Wing Commander B.S. Rathore (retd.) and his charming wife Aarti Rathore ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Umaid Mahal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Umaid Mahal Jaipur