“Nice hotel, bad location.”

Hotel Maharani Plaza
Ranked #220 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Nice hotel, bad location.”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Te location of the hotel is the reason for my low rate. The room was okay (not superclean but okey) and the staff was very nice. I really liked the restaurant. It was beautiful. The food was tasty but I didn't like the menu. Several times when we ordered we were told "that's not available" so they could update it a bit.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank CAKA27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have been to Jaipur more than 10 times in last 2 years and stayed in various hotels but this certainly was my worst or the only bad experience i had.
I generally stay in Park prime but since room was not available this time, i chose to stay in Maharani Palace.
I booked the hotel over phone a night before and the reservation desk assured me that we are booking the room for you. But when i reached the hotel, i was told that hotel is full and they are shifting my wife and me to Maharani Plaza, which is equally good.
Since i was getting late to my office i had to say 'yes'..... The room was just &*^%$....

On checking out, i was charged more than what was confirmed to me over phone....

I experienced the same old problem which services industry has that..... it is not about extra breakfast or Dinner but experience and commitment the traveler requires....

I will certainly not recommend this place to anyone...

Room Tip: Choose other Hotel....
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Jaipur hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed in Maharani Plaza on my official visit to hotel.
As it is nearby to sindhi camp, traffic is main isuue, moreover many vehicles parked in fron of the hotel.
Room Service was very Nice.
Complimentary Buffet Breakfast was awesome.
Well managed Hotel.
Staff was very polie and cooperative.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This place is okay, outsides a bit gross but the hotels okay. We were visiting in monsoon season so we expected damp. But this was atrocious. The air con must of been blowing in from a swimming pool or something!
Our main gripe was that we had no Internet in our room, fair enough though because you can get it in the lobby, for 100 rupees an hour, it's just squid at the end of the day. So we bought some, and couldn't get on, went to the main desk, and showed him out tablet to say it really wasn't working. After AN HOUR of arguing with the disgustingly rude man on the front desk we finally got out rupees back ( it's the principal not the price) and to do so he needed to put the receipt in the book to show there had been a problem, the book was FULL of receipts. He knowingly sold us something that wasn't working and refused to give us a refund, until some customers came in to check in and we were still kicking off.
This man then went out of his way to make sure our stay was uncomfortable when possible. For example we went down to the front desk to change money, it was a different guy, he opened the drawer and we could see there was enough money to change, then this guy pops up out of nowhere whispers in the guys ear and suddenly it wasn't possible.
Also when we left everyone was clamming for a tip. Which is typical India I guess. But we are definitely more disposed to give tips when not asked.
I did not enjoy my stay purely because of this man. I genuinely hope he is disciplined or something. His behaviour was vile.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Teplice, Czech Republic
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed just 2 nights there. Hotel was clean,but directly in front of the hotel,it was just awful - even to Indian standards.
WiFi available only in the lobby,but for 100 rps per hour! No terrace,nowhere to go after dark. There are much better places.

• Stayed July 2013
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I been to maharani place in jaipur. Its really a good hotel , with interior awsomw, Service given to their guest is excellent, Rooms are well maintained cleaned . Washrooms are well mainted and clen.Every thing their was out of remark. Lastly the food quality and taste was good. We were given the complimentry breakfast, which was very good in taste. Its really a nice hotel, with good saftey. I recomend if anyone goes to jaipur. They should stay in this hotel.

I will mark them 10 in everything.

Room Tip: All rooms are well maintained and cleaned.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed many times in this hotel in Jaipur. The rooms are always clean, the location is great near the bus stop railway station and the service is excellent. At the reception the welcome is warm, the housekeeping is great, my room was always best cleaned. As many times I went to the restaurant, I had great feeling after a long and tiring day in Jaipur. They provided great variety of food, excellent taste and the service in the restaurant was always great and perfect. Thank you very much for all the staff helping and serving me...

• Stayed June 2013