“Good Rajasthani food”
Review of Dal Bati Churma

Dal Bati Churma
Ranked #3 of 58 Coffee & Tea in Jaipur
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Description: Dal Baati Churma, is a name of our small dinning place near Amer fort. Dal Baati Churma is a traditional Rajasthani dish served at the time of happiness. So visit Dal Baati Churma to be just happy.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

As soon as I reached Jaipur, the first place we went was to satiate our cravings for Rajasthani food. Therefore we landed at this place

Ambiance: The restaurant is located in the Bani Park area of Jaipur and is a small cozy place. The décor is fine and nothing much to talk about. The place has working AC’s and the staff also put pedestal fans for us which is what we needed on a hot summer day.

Food: It’s the food that makes it worth coming to this place. The Menu is limited but is good. We ordered the Special Rajasthani Thali and Mini Dal Bati thali. With this we ordered Lassi’s.

Special Rajasthani Thali : This come with 2 normal batis which are were quite fluffy from inside and full of ghee (as expected). The surprise was the Masala Bati which simply delicious, it’s a bati which is stuffed like a kachori. With this Thali they give three types of Churma (plain, besan and pineapple). The plain and besan churma hit the spot but the pineapple one which was green in colour was an overkill.
The thali also come with kadhi which was delicious , Gatta again well made but what stood out was the delicious Mirchi fry (stuffed chilies) pickle.

Mini Dal Bati Thali : this come with 2 batis , dal and churma. These were of the same quality as the special thali and were delectable.

What I would suggest to the management is to give more quantity of Dal to eat with the Batis. The real taste of dal bati is when the batis are dipped in Dal and soak up the dal something which I missed as the quantity of Dal was not sufficient at least as per me. Maybe in the special thali Kadhi can be taken out and more dal can be given.

Would recommend the place for people who are looking for good, decently priced no nonsense Rajasthani food in the centre of the city.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

If you want to only have authentic Rajasthani thali and dal bati churma, this is the place. Menu will only have these two options and for kids you can get a paratha if you are for Delhi. Nothing fancy as it is in today's gen restaurants but good authentic food and very reasonably priced. Please expect a plush restaurant but you would definitely enjoy your food. Staff is good and helpful.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This restaurant offers a good set of dal baati churmal with kadhi and gatte ki sabzi. Being a resident of Jodhpur, I must say that their dal baati is not extraordinary. However, the owner was soft and polite. their menu is short and serve mainly daal baati churma (3 types) which is more than enough to eat.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I came at rajasthani thali on my sister's birthday with my family. We enjoy dal bati churma. Food is really very awesome. The staff is well mannered. Hospitality is also very excellent

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Rajasthani thali is an amazing palace to enjoy Rajasthani food dal bati churma.I have been here so many times with my family, friends. The food is really very testy and the hospitality is also amazing.
If someone asks me for Rajasthani food i will always recommend Rajasthani thali only.