“Perfect hotel to stay in Jaipur”
Review of Tara Niwas

Tara Niwas
Ranked #83 of 392 Hotels in Jaipur
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We tried to book Arya Niwas but the hotel was full booked but blessing in disguise, Tara Niwas is just perfect for us. The room provide us complete amenities - bath tub, hotel water, heater, comfy bed and big TV! On top of that, we just love the kitchen menu ambience, which reminds me like sitting in Paris! They have quite a nice concept however perhaps can be improved by providing more Western food for breakfast. However there was one incident happen where a crazy stinky lady crash into our room and shouted as us, we couldnt understand anything and in the end i had to ask for the manager's help to chase the crazy lady away. Security need to be tighten.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with bathtub and big TV towards the corner as its quiter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NotSoBudget-Eva
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, Owner at Tara Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Greetings from Tara Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and for the kind words. All of us here are happy you liked our services.
I am so sorry for the crazy lady managing to sneak in, there is a guard but despite him the lady managed to get in. Pretty embarrassing for us. Sorry once again and rest assured that we have tightened the security
Jaipur is a lovely city, and Tara Niwas is ideal base for your visits to this magical home town of ours! Hope to see you again:)

Reviewed 5 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abhishekcdot
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Tara Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here last month (am late in writing review) and it was a soothing experience. Everything is perfect in this hotel. It is impeccably clean, rooms are cosy, staff is very attentive, the restaurant serves delicious and hygienic, in fact nutritious, food. They manage the property creatively and try to give the best possible return on your travel investment. Next time when I am Jaipur, I would have surely done my booking here. I want to express my appreciation for the entire staff and management for being so passionate about hospitality. All the best!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 February 2014

In our tour of two weeks in Rajasthan, we stayed in a multitude of hotels, and Tara Niwas was the real surprise. In short, the hotel exceeded my expectations by a large degree.

Tara Niwas scores special points for its stellar service and value-for-money facilities. You get a very clean and comfortable room - which is a real good deal for the price you pay.

We had booked into the deluxe room which was spacious and came with a refrigerator. The room was air-conditioned and had a room heater too. The bathroom was clean with hot water round the clock. There were chairs outsdie the room if one wished to sit there to enjoy the sun. Wifi was included in the room price, and it worked perfectly.

The hotel restaurant was outstanding with multiple combo options - which were again value for money. The food was very tastly. We liked this so much that we came back to have dinner in this restaurant even after checking out. The staff were polite and friendly - which added to the feel-good factor here.

I was especially happy with the attitude and friedliness of one Mr.Arvind Singh of Tara Niwas, who made our whole stay memorable. I have added an extra start to this hotel specially for him. The hotel also helped with arranging a surprise cake for my wife on our anniversary. Mr.Arvind personally brought the cake to our room at 12 in the night - which was a good gesture from him.

With regards to the location, it can't get better than this. The hotel is right at the Collectorate circle, from where you can take bus no.5 to the old town (city palace), and the Amer fort. There were also a good number of autos around the place, and it felt quite safe in the area.

I haven't stayed at the other hotels in this chain, but I would like to try them out too in future. I whole-heartedly recommend this hotel for an economic, but memorable stay in Jaipur.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back side of the hotel so that you get less of the traffic noise from the busy...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank d4dpak

Greetings from Tara Niwas Jaipur.

I will definately pass on your compliments to Arvind. It will be a good boost for the young man!

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I think it's fair to say that I am a fan of the Tara Niwas and the other hotels in this small Jaipur chain. I spent about 6 weeks at this place, in 2013/14 and it's one of the best run and managed small hotels in India (and I've stayed in quite a few). It is immaculately clean and the rooms provide everything you need for a comfortable stay. The staff are a great bunch of people and help make this place what it is. The restaurant, situated on the ground floor and serves up good simple food with consistency. Rooms have satellite TV, safe deposit box, kettle and a reading light (this seems to be a rarity in India) I love this place and would recommend it to anyone.
My one other tip, is afternoon tea and cake on the lawn at Ayra Niwas (this is the sister hotel, situated closer to the Pink City).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Russ C

Greetings from Tara Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and for the kind words. You are always welcome at your home in Jaipur. I am glad you mentioned the reading light. Like the light reading is unfortunately also getting to be uncommon nowadays! I do hope young children keep falling in love with he rustle of a turning page, or the smell of a freshly bought book. Kindle is great, but it does not have the same feel!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a place which has more or less mastered the art of getting the basics right!
Centrally located and easily accessible, neat, spacious, airy rooms this is budget accommodation at its best. It can be a bit very basic to some, but it manages to get all that you would need.
Highs- Rooms with fresh air and natural light- something so hard to get these days with more and more glass box hotels coming up! All the basics you would need- ample electrical points to charge phone/laptop which do not go off when you leave the room, wifi, kettle, AC/heating, TV etc. It’s a bungalow with a nice little garden and courtyard, lots of greenry and bosai plants, tastefully made and lovingly kept. Staff is friendly and efficient and not looking for tips to serve you! Restaurant though basic, serves clean, light fresh vegetarian food at a value price.
Lows- Upkeep/maintenance a bit slipping since I was last there about a year back!
Overall, great place and not only for the budget traveller. Charming, home like atmosphere, but professionally run so dosen't have erratic service/quality issues like many other small hotels. This was my third visit to Tara Niwas, and would be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ashisharchitect
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, Owner at Tara Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Greetings from All of us at Tara Niwas, Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and for the kind words!
It is a pleasure to be recognised for what you set out to do in the first place. Tara Niwas was always meant to be a homely small house hotel at great value for money. If you found it to me so, then all of us are happy! In peak season sometimes service do slip, though they should not and I am sorry for that. I assure you that the services are back to their usual standards.
Thank you for continuing to choose Tara Niwas as your preferred option in Jaipur. I look forward to your next stay, hopefully soon!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed at Tara Niwas from the 10th to the 12th of December 2013. It was recommended by a friend who had stayed with her kid, especially since she had said it had facilities that would help keep an active toddler with some things to do. Our first choice, Arya Niwas, did not really offer anything to keep kids entertained. Tara Niwas thankfully had some rabbits and budgerigars in their yard, which delighted my daughter, no end.
From the point of view of us adults, Tara Niwas is good enough- clean rooms, decent food. However, like other Indian hotels and tourist rest houses, it has not focused on the needs of kids and toddlers adequately. The menu is designed for adults and has nothing to offer to kids, unless you think that milk and biscuits are adequate. My wife went to the the kitchen and made pancakes, for example, since the staff did not know how to make them.

The low point came on the last day. We were in a group and had retained one room for we were all scheduled to leave in the evening and while the rest had to go out, it was retained to keep our luggage and to rest, in case needed, since my daughter and I had stayed back.

I handed over the keys to our room a little after their checkout time, 12.00 noon. While my daughter and I waited for the others to come back, I asked for the key to the room we had retained so that we could keep our luggage, while she played near the rabbit cage. We learn't that one member of the party had taken the keys with him when they left in the morning. Strangely the manager, despite being told in the morning that we would be using the room to keep the luggage or to use to rest in case my daughter needed to nap in the afternoon, made no attempt to use the spare key he had with him.

My daughter finally had to sleep on my lap in the sofa in the verandah, near the entrance, after she tired of her play. The manager, obsequiously came on his own with the offer to open the room with the spare key much later around 3.00 pm, when he realised the rest of the party where about to come back. By this time my daughter had completed her nap and so this offer made no sense.

I saw the rating that TripAdvisor had given and their certificate that Tara Niwas has placed near the manager's cabin and I wonder if only a review of rooms, food, bathrooms and linen should be used to evaluate such places. I do not normally write reviews, but I thought I should write this down, as many people travel with kids and both the proprietors and travellers should learn from experiences, like mine.

Room Tip: Watch out for the monkeys that seem to be everywhere in Jaipur. Very low balcony wall (balcony faci...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, Owner at Tara Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Greetings from Tara Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and for the mostly kind words.
We offer wholesome Indian food that is freshly prepared. I am sorry but i do not understand how food that we eat (idlis, eggs, paranthas, upma, porridge, cutlet, vegetables, dal and rice) is not suitable for toddlers and pancakes are!

At my house all 2 year olds eat the same stuff that adults eat, in fact it is encouraged so that they get a healthy rounded diet. However, I will not contest the fact that you wanted more variety in the menu.
I would like to ask you that in case the specific thing that a guest wants, which is possible even in bigger restaurants, is missing, how many restaurants will open their kitchen for you to make food that you or your child likes! We do and guests normally like that concept.

I am sorry you had to sit outside the room with your child as your relatives had carried the room keys with them. Duplicate keys to a room are not kept outside to make your stay secure. The manager could have handed over the keys sooner and i have already talked to him about it.

Thank you for the feedback and have a lovely year ahead!