“Not so good”
Review of Hotel Chandra Park

Hotel Chandra Park
Ranked #174 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Liege,Belgique
“Not so good”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

1400 R for a single. Close to the train station (very good to go to the airport). I had black (color) water out of my shower in the morning. The breakfast was huge if you like south indian cooking otherwise pancake with honey, Kellogs or an egg. The reception tax me 10 ruppees for the wake up service he did too late.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pascalrtw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Average Hotel that has a convenient location, fairly clean but aged rooms with car parking facility. Many eateries are nearby, but the hotel does not allow outside food to be brought in. The buffet breakfast is very simple, quality and spread has come down since the first time I'd been there some 4 yrs back. Most rooms have 2 beds and Rooms with King sized beds are scarce. But you can ask the houskeeping to join them, which is not very comfortable but ok for overnight stays. its OK for short unplanned visits, but there seems to be number of better options around the place. Room service is prompt and not very expensive. You can keep this place handy for all unplanned visits.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Noelblr70
Rourkela
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Very good hotel, just opposite to Chennai Egmore Railway Station. Good restaurant & bar but bit costly food. So would advice to go for a Buffet lunch and dinner. And that is good. Enjoyed the stay there. But for always ask for King Size bed, they have separate beds in some rooms. Anyways, Thanks to Trip Advisor and Clear Trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Sikander A
Bangalore
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed in Chandra Park on 17th Oct 2013.With the price you pay its just below the value of your money. The room which I was put in was dilapidated, paint coming out, wooden door hinges rusted, bathroom cleaning was not done from ages, the bedroom linen was pathetic stained and pilled. The rooms clenliness was at par with the cleanliness of the Egmore railway station. Must AVOID even if you are travelling single!! Zero Stars..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Travellers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I just wouldn't recommend staying here. I think it's probably the worst service and treatments I've ever received, ever.

The positives? The room was clean and the bed okay.

What went wrong? On arrival the receptionist denied he had received a booking from me despite a long email chain between the hotel and myself, and just ignored me and then started dealing with other customers.

When I got to the room neither the AC or the TV worked. I called phoned reception they kept hanging up the phone! I then went to the reception in person.

I asked for laundry to be done but I was never collected even though I spoke to the reception twice on two different days.

I ordered room service and half my order didn't come.

On the last day (Sunday morning) the reception called the room at 7.45am to ask when I was checking out. I explained I would leave before the 12noon check out and that I had been woken up by the call. At 9am someone then knocked on the door and woke me again just to pass me a newspaper I neither ordered nor wanted. When I raised these complaints to the manager he could not be less interested.

It might be a good price for the train station but I'd suggest looking somewhere else if you want good service.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Vic_London_UK
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed there from 23rd to 25th September, coming from kolkata i had to book the room over phone , The moment i entered the hotel i got some annoyed customers were expressing anguish and displeasure over delay in check out,They were complaining that even though they informed the reception that they will have to leave in certain time neither bill was ready nor there were any lagguage boy to carry there belongings to cabs. anyways i also had to wait 20 minutes and then a room number 217 was allotted to us as we saw hotel is short in man power we carried our luggage and bags ourselves.The moment we entered the room i felt paying around Rs 1500 for a night we should have got a bit larger room than this , interesting thing we noticed that bathroom is almost half of size of the room .Room was tiny and like basement without any proper ventilation.Hotel should have maintain the minimum courtesy to ask guest for drinking water (paid or unpaid) but we found no drinking water in room when called room service and asked for water we had to wait another 20 minutes to get water. tired after a long journey we took shower and went to sleep, in the mid of the night when we woke up we found Air conditioner is leaking and dripping waters... whatever kept beneath it was wet and soiled...irritating....Though this hotel publisize providing Wi/Fi , and the main reason to choose this hotel was to get access to internet as we were on official tour .but there is no such facility .....
Only good thing about this hotel is its location and complementary breakfast but i guess there are lots of better option in and around chandra park.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nasir20
india
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the stay here with family. Deluxe and suite are very good.
Single rooms very limited. Never available almost. Room service takes time to attend you. Rooms are very clean. Staffs are very friendly.
This also has a bar but will not disturb the residence.

• Stayed July 2013