“Not to be missed in Chennai”
Review of Cappuccino

Cappuccino
Ranked #52 of 6,628 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Alwarpet South
New Delhi, India
“Not to be missed in Chennai”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was my fourth visit to Chennai this year, and thankfully the last one required to conclude the task at hand. Given a choice, I would never visit a city twice, and certainly not one as crowded and busy as this one. But this was business and that leaves one with very limited options.

It was not as if the restaurants at The Hyatt were not good, they are amongst the best in the city, but I was simply bored of them. Enough was enough. I was desperately trying to think up a restaurant which would enable me to have my routine business lunch, and at the same time be different enough and offer some refreshing atmosphere.

Then I remembered THE CAPPUCCINO at the SHERATON. I had been invited to a dinner there a few months ago and recalled it as something close to what I was looking for.

I was in for a pleasant surprise. The entire restaurant had already been re-done, transformed into a classier and more elegant than before place, and its lovely view of the pool retained. It was simply marvellous.

JOTESH hovered at a discrete distance after ensuring that we were comfortably seated with a grand view of the pool, gave us time to go through the fare, then demolished all our efforts by vouching for the SUNDAY BRUNCH. Well, it WAS a Sunday and Jotesh was so nice that we simply didn’t have the heart to say no.

It goes without saying that the variety and quality of food was as good as could be, at par (if not better) than the city’s best. My advise to all sea-food lovers : GO FOR THE SEA FOOD PLATTER. I have never tasted better. And those with a sweet tooth ? The Baked Alaska….. heavenly. Helped, guided and at times gently prodded by Jitesh, we went on to make the most of this lazy afternoon.

And it was not just the service staff on its own. Raaj, who I remembered was the restaurant manager, was not far behind his flock. I could see him going from one table to another, making the guests comfortable, suggesting his own favourites from the spread, and where possible having them served as well. Obviously a person who knew his food and his guests. As he approached our table, the smile on his face told of a person who not only knew but also enjoyed what he was doing.

…… And the price for meeting this youngster ? Another helping of his choice….and then another…. An absolute must if you are a connoisseur of good food and great places to eat in.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Skanda-Delhi

• Korean first
New Delhi, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sophisticated and Elite Management”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went to cappucinno twice, once for dinner and the other time for a sunday brunch. Was greeted by RAAJ on both the occasions and was delighted to meet him. He is a magnanimous person and managed me and the other customers personally even though the place was heavily crowded. The food was mouth watering. Being an italian food lover I had a Pizza, Pasta and Risotto and while I was eating a cheese cake Raaj ordered a new dessert for me which was delicious and I was glad to be introduced to it. I was not really a very big sea food fan until I was convinced by Raaj to try some at the sunday brunch which turned out to be appetizing. I have had a terrible experience with sea food wherever I went but at the cappuccino the food was just awesome and I couldnt stop trying every dish that was served on my table on Raaj's orders.
The name of the guy who served was Shankar and am completely satisfied with the service whereas his presence of mind and his activeness was truly impressive. I was pleased to be there and will continue to visit whenever I go to Chennai. Hats off to the manager for keeping the staff so disciplined and perfect at their work :)

• Visited July 2014
“5 stars for the truly delicious food and amazing service”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A lunch at Cappuccino is an unforgettable experience, not to be missed. It's a beautiful restaurant, the food is fantastic, and you'll be thinking about it long after the meal is over. I should say this is the best place to have brilliant Briyanis too.

2 Thank Laksha S
Chennai (Madras), India
“Overwhelming Experience!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I visited cappucino for the second time on 22nd JUne for dinner. We were greeted very cordially by RAAJ at the entrance. He is truly a very kind person. We were given a table near the counters but latter were changed to pool view table of our choice. Food was simple yet mind-blowing and tasted like home-cooked food. My friend ordered a pepperoni pizza which he declared was the most fantastic pizza he ever ate in his entire life. So, guys you can imagine that what will be the quality of food at cappucino. The minestone soup (sorry if the name is wrong) was full of vggies and was the veg soup of my life. THankyou Cappucino for serving mouth watering and delicious food. Special thanx to RAAJ for his kind assistance. and he is a friend of us now. I forget the name of the person who served us, i guess armbakam was a very generous and kind person and took good care of us.
Must Visit for food lovers who love good food with a quiet ambience.

P.S: Sorry for any mistakes in ma grammar as i am writing this stuff hurriedly.

1 Thank Abhishek_IIT
Chennai (Madras), India
“Nice, Smooth and Memorable buffet breakfast!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

It was my first buffet breakfast at a star hotel in Chennai, The entrance to cappucino is simple yet elegant with smiling and caring faces all around. Special thanx to Raj for giving the Table of our choice facing the pool. The Spread was good but one thing i would remind the manager at cappucino that Veg salads are minimum with very less options. Vegetarian people have to be satisfied only with different sorts of delicious breads and buns and this is one category the restro has to improve upon. People are tending towards vegan dishes more these days due to their health advantages. The Spl masala Omellete and the French toast was jst mouth watering and awesome!!!!! The staff were courteous but some of them didnt knew about the whole spread properly. They need to get trained properly. I forget the name of the person with smiling face who served us throughout our stay there. Many many thanx to him. Overall, a must place to visit to rejuvenate your dining experience and simply the best in Chennai. Please increase the number of veg options in italian and continental dishes.

P.S : Pls try the Black coffee with choco chips..We tried and its mind blowing.

2 Thank Abhishek_IITM