“Phone theft at Bakery”
Review of The French Loaf

The French Loaf
Ranked #32 of 45 Bakeries in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Nungambakkam
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hi, On 17/6/14 we have visited Oven fresh at Chennai One,Thoraipakkam. While billing my wife had kept the phone for paying, while paying they have started to serve the snacks. SO she started to get the snacks to the table and we started to have the snacks. Just within 2,3 minutes we found her phone is missing and we started to search. On enquiring the 2 employees at the billing section, they are reluctant to answer and upon insisting they said " you can go and tell to anyone about the phone loss, we don care ", they were so rude and irresponsible to reply this way. We were aware that they have only stolen the phone as no one was inside the bakery at that time. A complaint was registered with the admin and security to take the necessary action. That time we were informed that at OWEN FRESH, these kind of 3,4 phone theft has happenned in the past 6 months. The employees are so rude and it makes us to think whether the management is supporting them.
SO GUYS AND GIRLS BE CAREFUL, WHILE GOING TO OWEN FRESH BRANCHES, OF YOUR BELONGINGS AS ONLY THEIVES ARE EMPLOYED, BETTER AVOID THEM IN FUTURE AND CHOOSE A BETTER BAKERY TO HAVE A GOOD FOOD

6  Thank sriramlc

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Even after repeated requests from me saying they need to stop talking really loud among themselves - they did not have the minimum courtesy to oblige. This spoiled my key business discussion. I will never go to this place again.

6  Thank Srilakshmi M
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This delightful little place is has the entrance tucked away from the main road.Visited for a quick bite when I couldn't be bothered to go to a restaurant..Sandwiches were filling,very well cooked...and had low fat options..have very few beverages on the menu-but frankly,they seem to do their half dozen beverage options waaay BETTER than the Costa coffee across the street which has multiple beverage options...

A lot of options here, for those afflicted with a sweet tooth...have the nicest chocolate chip cookies,danish and mousse ...but the cheese croissant was a strange letdown-tasted like a cheese scented plaster cast.

The lovely wait staff is unfailingly polite,attentive and prompt...not irritating and zero attitude- at par with hospitality in any 5 star place...the chefs need to get better and catch up with the excellent wait staff here.

1  Thank warmemorialjunkie
Reviewed 31 March 2014

There are many branches of French Loaf in Chennai. We find French Loaf on Harrington Road very convenient as it is near our home. We usually pick up their croissants, focaccia, baguettes, muffins and bring home. Once in a while, usually on a Sunday, we do just sit in their seating area and have a pastry with coffee. Their stuff is fresh and there is a wide choice. We must mention we miss their garlic baguettes (their reason – not enough takers!).

1  Thank Banrist
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife & myself decided to order a photo cake and some cup cakes at The French Loaf, Pallavakkam, for my daughter's birthday. The experience with French loaf at Palavakkam ECR was extremely bad, on enquiry on previous day they asked me to send the picture that I wanted by e-mail to a mail id. After completing the process twice @ 10 am in the morning and even after repeatedly calling the outlet 7 to 8 times during the course of the day till about 10 PM there was very poor response and no one was able to receive the order. The calls were answered by various staff members there, two among them were prabu and balaji who kept telling me repeatedly that they would check if they received the picture and get back in 10 min. i did not receive any call and finally at 9.40pm ,that is the last time I called them they told me there is a network error and they asked me to cancel the order. since they canceled the order at the last minuite we had to rush somewhere else and make an order.....
Very Poor Service And Response For Pan India Brand !!!

1  Thank yashwanth