“Very Good Biz Hotel”
Review of Grand Residence

Grand Residence
Ranked #225 of 437 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Grand Paradise is located in Arcot Road and v well maintained. It has very good professionalism and valet car park facility.

We had taken complimentary breakfast plan and it was v wholesome with continental and indian platter. The staff are v courteous and prompt. The Room service and House Keeping is excellent. Since they have 24hrs coffee shop, it's convenient for the buisness travellers . The only shortcoming is that the lift in the hotel goes v slowly.

Also, this place is close to Ramapuram and Manapakkam (approx 6 km)

Added advantage is that opposite this hotel, is the branch of Grand Sweets of Adayar where u can get all the important south indian savories, sweets and curry powders.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is a good hotel for business trips, I would recommend this place for anyone traveling in area of manapakkam.
I booked this hotel by directly calling them, I reached late night close to 9:00 pm. They have kept room ready and check in was quick. (they have 24 hr check out facility)
Room I stayed in was small but nice and clean.
Their menu covers lots of food variety but due to short stay I tried very few item and found taste was decent and above average.

Room service was quick and hotel staff is well trained to take care of guests.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for business traveler.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This is a very decent hotel in the vicinity of Manapakkam in Chennai. Very close to business area of DLF, L&T and HP offices locations.

Around 40 Minutes from Chennai International Airport.

Probably the only good hotel in this area which i came across.

Room Tip: I thinka ll rooms are similar.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
GrandResidence, Front Office Manager at Grand Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Mr. Purecha
With wishes of the day, this is with reference to your review, as said in your mail we are near to the corporates L&T / DLF / HP and other companies around. We would like to inform you sir ther are 4 different category of rooms available & the renovation of the lobby / rooms / hall under process.

we thank you for your review & take an opportunity in welcoming you to our hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

The whole place felt shady, right from entry. The lighting was poor everywhere. My 1 yr old started screaming the moment we entered the lift. We had to climb 3 flights of stairs, which were equally badly lit.
The room was very cramped and claustrophobic. The main reason we decided to stay there was the proximity to the wedding hall, and A/C room. But the A/C was hardly working. And in a place like Chennai, stuck in a closed room, with no fan and no A/C is hell. We did not bother to try their food, because we had to eat at the wedding anyways. The sensor in the room key did not work sometimes due to which the power supply would not turn on. And we had to go down and call the manager who helped us with a spare.
Service was ok.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mdm.Aarthi,
With wishes of the day, this is with respect to your review about our property we really take this as a good suggestion from you a valuable cUstomer and without the letter U we cant spell the word sUccesses. we value your review and would like to keep you informed that there is a swimming pool at level 5 and a gym at level 6 more over the renovation of our rooms / Air condition in rooms / Lobby we have extended with a Coffee Shop at lobby level.

With advance wishes for the festivals ahead!!
Looking forward to serve you to the best of your satisfaction.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a day on 1st April,2012. I stayed at this hotel because it is close to the Miot hospital where my uncle was getting operated. The maintenance of this hotel is very much below average. In my room (number 410) the airconditioning temperature controller was not working. I realized this in the night and without the temperature control it was too cold for me and I could not sleep the whole night. If the airconditioning was switched off it got too hot. Also there is no hot water in the bathroom although at the time of check-in the attendent announced that there 24 hours hot water supply. When I complained to the front desk about the lack of hot water they sent the room attendent who pretended to check the water and then said there is a technical problem and it is being attended to. How the attendent realized 'after' checking the water that there is a problem and it is being attented to I really don't know! I asked the attendant how long it has been since the hotel had running hot water in the bathrooms and he had no reply.
I also complained to the front desk while checking out and there was no proper reply. This hotel is not worth the money at all ( I was charged Rs. 3,000 per night plus taxes) as maintenance is quite poor and they dont really seem to care, maybe because there are not many decent options in this part of Chennai.
Satish Reddy

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Dear Sir,
With wishes of the day, this is with reference to your review regarding your stay in our Hotel in April 2013 as you had mentioned about the air condition control and the hot water supply. We with the suggestion of you customers review have changed the control system in all the rooms & also the hot water problem is solved.

As we value your review we would like to inform you that we have renovated our Rooms / Lobby is been extended with a coffee shop / Swimming pool at level 5 & Gym at level 6.

With advance wishes for the festivals ahead!!
Looking forward to serve you to the best of your satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Grand residence in porur is an amazing place. They were not full or anything. They rooms were exactly like it looked in the pictures. Room was good specially the bathroom. Service is quick and food is awesome specially try the dal makhani. They also helped me haggle with autos. I dont know if people are talking about the same place? Also the pic in for the hotel is wrong. Google images gives a right pic. Also there is no pool there. This is the site

The only downside is that every price tag they put is without taxes so you have to ask specifically what would be the price with tax. Even the room tariff.

Room Tip: Ask the price for everything.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Shuken D

Dear Sir,
With wishes of the day! this is with reference to your review related to our hotel in trip advisor, we in this regard would like to thank you for your comments. Sir more over the Swimming pool is open at 5th floor,Gym at 6th floor, the renovation of rooms and lobby is extended with a Coffee Shop.

With advance wishes for the festivals ahead!!
We would like to welcome you to serve to the best of your satisfaction.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

This is without the shadow of a doubt the worst hotel I've ever had the misfortune to stay in. I've had my share of dodgy hotels and motels, but usually I always manage to find them amusing in a weird way – hey, it's funny story material after all. Not this time. The minute I stepped in the gloomy, damp and smelly lobby, my first reaction was to get out, thinking that I was in the wrong place. If only... After a 30min argument with the clerk, who, despite my hotel voucher from Agoda wanted me to pay AGAIN for my stay, I was showed to my room. I had the number 312, a DeLuxe suite. Not exactly an “executive, spacious deluxe [...] individually designed with utmost care for perfect relaxation”, as nicely put on the hotel website. The room had a tiny window with dark tinted glass and was plunged in half-light despite a beautiful and sunny day – totally depressing. The stench of solvent was unbearable despite the obvious lack of a much-needed coat of paint, and the noise coming from outside was unbelievably loud. Oh yes, a little detail that isn’t mentioned anywhere: the hotel is located ON THE HIGHWAY 113, and has wafer thin windows and doors. My bathroom was ok, apart from the occasional belch (!!) coming from the toilet bowl – quite creepy, really – but very basic, pretty dirty and without hot water in the shower. I have nothing against cold showers, especially in a really warm place like Chennai. What I do mind, however, is to be ripped off and pay for an alleged upscale place with skanky bathrooms replete with antediluvian and gargling plumbing where hot water isn’t even an option.

Kebab-E-Cue, the rooftop restaurant would be a great idea but 1) it's extremely noisy between the blasting TV and the noise coming from the highway, and 2) it only opens after 6:30pm, when it's dark outside. Forget about enjoying a drink whilst reading and enjoying the view, the place is lit like a bad night club and the staff ignores you completely. The cherry on the top? The barbecue restaurant doesn't actually serve any grilled meat or skewers and the only options I was presented with were rice and naans. So much for their extensive 12 pages menu.

I won't even bother carrying on with the super dirty facilities, the cave-like breakfast area with food-encrusted tablecloths and the overall rudeness of the staff. In a nutshell, stay away from this place at ALL COSTS.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, avoid the rooms ending in 12, they face the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam W

Dear Sir,
With wishes of the day, this is with reference to your review regarding your stay during you visit to chennai, we have gone through your review regarding the damp smell in the reception, the room paint and restaurants. we after appreciable suggestions like your we have changed a lot. We would like to inform that the restaurant has been renovated / Rooms & Lobby with Coffee Shop renovation is under progress and expected to end by 1st week of Sept 2013. The Swimming pool at level 5 & Gym at level 6 are also open.

With advance wishes for the festival ahead!!

We wish to serve you to the best of your satisfaction.