“Office tour in Chennai”
Review of Pratap Plaza Hotel

Pratap Plaza Hotel
Ranked #75 of 437 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Though my official visits to Chennai are not so frequent , whenever I visit , I prefer to stay in this hotel. Within our budget it is quite good and comfortable for stay. The reception and the staffs are very polite and co-operative. The breakfast is quite good. Neat and clean.

Room Tip: Premiums are better but standards are also ok for single person.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Raja B

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I visited Chennai alone for official tour & stayed in this Hotel (as referred by my office colleague); I checked in room no: 103 & stayed there from 8th April to 11th. The hotel is found to be good for the following reasons:-
1. rooms are big & clean, toilet is OK
2. location is good, you can call a taxi & can expect it to come within 15-30 min; or, if you are in a hurry, an auto stand is situated adjacent to this Hotel (although auto fare is extremely high in Chennai); If you need cash money in urgency, 3 ATMs (SBI, ICICI, HDFC) are adjacent to the Hotel.
3. So far the restaurent in the Ground floor (Chennai 24) is concerned, food is OK, & atmosphere is cool.
4. Room Service is also good.

So, next time I will be in Chennai, I will go for this hotel; only one thing, If you are in a personal tour, it might be a little bit expensive. So, think for your budget twice, for that case.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sourav_KoL_WB
Reviewed 18 January 2013

The Chennai city needs a thorough overhauling to eliminate mosquitoes. Even I understand that the case is same with 5 star hotels. It is very difficult to have a peaceful sleep with Good night mats they put in the rooms. All mosquito repellant manufacturers should take up a test in this city and in this hotel, which is a sample setup.

Room is quite decent with proper toilet with western commode etc.,

The breakfast which is complimentary is very good.

But the price tag is on higher side given the mosquito treat.

Chennai should be avoided for some time till it has won over mosquitoes.

Simple south Indian food is also very costly compared to its quality and variety.

Then do U have a choice? - I am not sure.

R V B Rao, rvbrao@yahoo.com

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank rvbrao
Reviewed 21 August 2012

After We checked in, after getting fresh and having breakfast at 10.15 am the receptionist told me that the room in which they made us stay is "premium" and i have booked "standard" so they are changing it to "premium". I objected as they did not informed me in advance. In standard room furniture is old. Even a small thing like water jug was having broken tap. Room service is severely bad. Waiter brought tea in broken thermos. In room card, laundry collection was stated at 10 am but when i called they said laundry boy left at 9am. Our cloths remained unwashed. After two days suffering i decided to leave hotel. Not happy at all with the information system of hotel. Staff is not affectionate towards the guest. Breakfast buffet is boring. Both days We found the same things.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Yash842
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I am new to chennai was on here for a business visit. I was referred by my friend to stay in this hotel as it is in a center place. I also booked a room before one day. During my booking they said room is available for tomorrow. I said them that i will check in by 5:00 to 6:00AM. But once i reached by 6:15, the receptionist casually said sorry sir rooms are full. I asked them cant you ring me & say that the rooms are full, u dont have a courtesy to call.....? if you would`ve said so i might looked for some other hotel. So i advise people not to take chances to stay here....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Vinod_cbe

Dear Mr. Vinod,
We thank you very much for your comment. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience faced during your visit to our hotel. We will take the necessary corrective actions in this regard to ensure smooth services in the future.
We thank you once again for your valuable comment.
Regards,
Sunil Samuel
Manager -Operations,
Hotel Pratap Plaza.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Location is good.Rooms not up to standard,Restaurant is expensive and not so good.Can manage for a day on urgent basis.Reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

We thank you very much for your valuable comment. Now we have renovated the rooms and the quality of food has been improved. We look forward towards your next visit.
Thanks & Regards,
Sunil Samuel
Manager - Operations
Hotel Pratap Plaza

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I was in Pratap plaza only for a night and I had a good experience. Not great, but enough to keep me comfortable. The standard room was big and the bathroom was clean with really soft towels.
The AC in my room stopped working and they fixed it for me right away. The breakfast spread the next day was amazing, with a good mix of south indian and continental items along with cut fruit and freshly squeezed juices. It completely made my day. I would recommend pratap plaza for a comfortable, budget, no-frills stay in Chennai

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank K-Rupal
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

We thank you very much for your valuable comment & we look forward towards welcoming you to our hotel as our privileged guest. Thanks & Best regards, Sunil Samuel, Manager - Operations, Hotel Pratap Plaza