“Great place for small gatherings” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pratap Plaza Hotel

and 1 more site!
Pratap Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Great place for small gatherings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Pratap plaza is a great place for family get togethers and small parties. Had my sons first communion party there. The hall is well equipped and the service is very good. Ms Latha the banquet manager was very helpful in organising everything from the menu to the hall decorations. the food is of top quality . My thanks to Ms Latha and all the staff for making the occasion great and hassle free. Will recommend to others with my eyes closed . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !
regards
Rajeshwar,S Mobile : 9444028424 / 8939598740

• 4 of 5 bubbles
PRATAPPLAZA, Front Office Manager at Pratap Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Sir

We thank you for utilizing the Services and understood that you were happy with the arrangements made for the First Holy Communion celebration by our BANQUET CO-ORDINATOR, Ms Latha . We will ensure that the Service standards are maintained in your future as well.

Asst Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hi,
Despite the many offers I received from other hotels for banquets, I have decided for Hotel Pratap Plaza because of their unbeatable banquet deal offered for me, It was a good decision at the end, So I wanted to express my appreciation for the quality of food & service I have got during my daughter’s first birthday celebration at Hotel Pratap Plaza. In particular, "Latha", "Chief Muneer" and other hotel staffs, were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service.

Kudos to hotel staff for making the occasion as a great one, I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family, and I’m sure I’ll be back for next occasion. I hope to get the same quality of service on my next visit. Thanks again, see you soon...

With Regards,
Jawaharvinoth
Mob:9884155432

Dear Sir

We thank you for utilizing the Services and understood that you were happy with the arrangements made for your Daughter's first Birthday celebration by our BANQUET CO-ORDINATOR, Ms Latha . We will ensure that the Service standards are maintained in your future as well.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel Pratap Plaza, Near Kodambakkam Bridge, Chennai is located on the Arcot - just before a petrol station. The restaurant is clean and the food is good. The service is also good. The prices are alright. I understand that there is a very good meeting hall for any programme in the basement . The rest rooms are maintained well.

Room Tip: I feel that all the rooms are fine and nothing in particular.
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We thank you very much for your valuable comment & we look forward towards welcoming you to our hotel as our privileged guest.

Thanks & Best regards

Frank Arul, Hotel Pratap Plaza
Western Cape, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This was the last hotel we stayed in, in India. We spent our last night in Chennai and had a very long journey back home (South Africa) the next day, so we wanted to be well rested and fed!

This hotel provided all of the above, I am pleased to say!

The hotel was clean, neat and well decorated.
The staff are all very capable of speaking English and more than willing to assist with all problems.

I made use of the house-keeping services, they were speedy and professional.

Complimentary breakfast was included in our stay; there were continental- and traditional South Indian options available. The waiting staff were very curteous and attentive.
During our stay the hotel also offered a North Indian Buffet, which was reasonably priced and very tasty!

The airconditioner in our room worked very well (essential in Chennai in the summer), water was available or drinking and I even recieved a complimentary newspaper in the morning!

The only problems I had was with a guest computer they offered, it kept resetting itself, but by no means a major faux!

This is a wonderful hotel, not far from the railway station, further from the airport, but the friendly hotel management will assist you with a taxi booking.
Well worth the stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christofbert
PRATAPPLAZA, Front Office Manager at Pratap Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sir

We thank you for utilizing the Services and understood that you were happy with your stay in our Hotel . We will ensure that the Service standards are maintained in your future as well and you feel home away from home. We apologize for the System failure and we have taken corrective measurement based on your valuable comments.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had a function at pratap plaza on 28 july 2014. We were very much impressed with the words of Ms. Latha & confirmed the event. Not a word of hers went wrong. Excellent hospitality by the entire team. Ms. Latha went way beyond & provided us with all the facilities. Very impressive service that has made us confirm another event with them. Best of luck latha & thanks again. Hope the next event will also be as sucessful as the first one!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sandhyasuresh
We thank you for utilizing the Services and understood that you were happy with the arrangements made for your function by our BANQUET CO-ORDINATOR, Ms Latha . We will ensure that the Service standards are maintained in your future as well.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had been regularly staying in Pratap Plaza for the past 4 years. This has been due to the excellent courtesy & service provided by all the staff there right from the Security, Reception, Room Service, House Keeping & one & all especially, to name a few Elavarasi, Ramdoss, Ezhumalai. Even though, I am a patient & regularly visit Chennai for my medical check up, I need not bother to stay with any of my relatives, as the care provided makes me feel that, this is my second home.
Now, I do not bother even to think of any other hotel for my stay. The Comfort, Service, Courtesy etc., ESPECIALLY PERSONAL ATTENTION & CARE are all EXCELLENT.
Sai Prasad.S.L., Palakkad, Kerala

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sai P

chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We celebrated our daughter's first birthday on 22.07.14. First ever stress free party celebrated among our family functions. Especially taste of the food as well as proper filling of all menu in the buffet.

Valet parking had been provided as they promised.
This is the first time among the hotels who kept their promise till the end of the function.

Serving in the buffet was done nicely till the last serve with smiling face.

All the promises was given during my first visit as well as kept till the last minute of the function by Ms.Latha.
Major issue is she stayed till the function ends and taken care personally by her.

Trustworthy hotel at last. My family members were filled with full of satisfaction.
All my relatives appreciated the quality of food as well as service of all people.

Dr Ramesh kumar
Dr Ranjani
Chennai

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank kirthisuji
PRATAPPLAZA, Front Office Manager at Pratap Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014