Taj Club House
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$179
Hotels.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$179
US$166
US$221
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$113
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$130
US$112
Trident, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$145
US$122
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$119
US$114
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
US$85
US$61
Agoda.com
The Accord Metropolitan(Chennai (Madras))
US$78
US$75
Hotels.com
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
US$86
US$74
1,290 results
All reviewsmediterranean restaurantspencer plazarooftop poolbusiness hotelexpress avenuevalue for moneybusiness tripthe heart of the cityin room diningcoffee shoptop floorexcellent serviceduty managerexcellent hotelanna salaiexcellent stayindian food
Reviewed 27 May 2014

TCH lives up to its name and repute..the experience may not have been flawless but taking everything into account I checked out as a content customer...
Location- situated at the heart of the city it's a 40 minutes drive from the airport..The Express Avenue mall is a stone's throw away..20 minutes drive to the beach..
Food- the breakfast was wholesome..basically, the menu spoils you for choice..the North Indian vegetarian platter was extremely appetising
Service- the eyes and ears of their efficient staff are always ready to cater to your needs round the clock..Front desk and laundry service in particular are highly competent, well organised and punctual..a visit and dip in the pool at the time of sunset is a must do..
To sum it up I would say that you may check in tired but you'll check out smiling...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ian D, General Manager at Taj Club House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It’s extremely pleasing to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay and that the overall quality of food and service at the hotel measured up to your expectation.

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you once again to the Taj Club House.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This Taj property located in the heart of the city is equipped with the paraphernalia to cater to the requirements of business travelers. The Superior room is on the smaller side and one could compare it to the size of hotel rooms in Hong Kong. The glass casing that surrounds the bathroom compromises on your privacy if you are sharing the room with a work colleague or a friend. This is surprising considering the USP of the hotel is to target the business traveler. A proper mist glass would be better than whats in place currently. Service (House Keeping & Room Service) as one would expect from Taj Group is top notch. The maximum volume in the television has been set at 18 to avoid noise pollution and disturbance to others. The pool located on the roof top (7th floor) is clean and well maintained. The rooftop area offers a panoramic view of the city. Kefi, the Mediterranean restaurant next to the pool serving Greek, Turkish, Spanish, Moroccan and Lebanese cuisine is a must try.

Room Tip: Opt for higher category rooms if you are travelling with family as the superior rooms are too small for comfort.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for your feedback especially about our swimming pool and Kefi our Mediterranean restaurant.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Taj Club House is my preferred business hotel in Chennai. The staff makes you feel welcome and comfortable, by addressing you by your name and remembering your last visits and preferences. It's definitely good training, but kudos to the staff for always practicing it.

This was my longest stay yet at the hotel. And like on most other occasions, I had a couple of reasons to complain amidst all the love I have for this property.

A nice little card on the table invitingly said that all I needed to do was to press a button for fresh seasonal fruits. I hesitated a bit, as asking for complimentary stuff at upmarket places is oh so middle class. However, the card was rather tempting, and I wanted to have some fresh fruit.I pressed the button and was greeted in typical Taj style, by name, and was promised the fruit platter rightaway. I waited, and waited, without changing into my night suit and ordering for dinner. Then, after almost 90 minutes from when I had called, I was getting up to order dinner when the bell rang, with a plate of fruits.....90 minutes??? I'm surely not going to order anything with the compliments of Taj Club House!

The second challenge (and I remembered it was there on my last visits as well) was with the air conditioning thermostat. No matter what temperature you set, it will default to 19 or 20 degrees. Given that I came back late every night, I kept forgetting to complain, and ended up switching the air conditioning off at night to avoid being frozen.

Just saw a review on the right pane with comments about the minibar, and remembered...there was no price list for the minibar in my room. I could have consumed everything assuming it to be complimentary..but I had burnt my fingers with the complimentary fruits already :-)

So, if the team of Taj Club House is reading this - Guys, you are great, but there are little things that are going unnoticed....great names have great expectations attached, so all the best for an excellent rating the next time I'm visiting your property!

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, ask for a non-smoking, king bed room.
1  Thank Piush_Jha

Dear Guest,

Whilst we are glad that you were very pleased with the service at the hotel , we regret the shortfalls with regards to the air-conditioning issues and the delay with the IRD service. Please be rest assured that corrective measures have been taken in this regard and you will definitely see a marked improvement on your next visit.

Your valuable feedback shows us the areas that we need to improve upon and will go a long way in helping us improve our standards and levels of service. Please feel free to bring to our notice anything you think would enable us to enhance your experience and delight you on your next visit.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Club House.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

First time in Chennai and first time at this hotel - lots of negatives.
1. For my entire duration of stay of 3 days, the room minibar and snack bar was not filled. 2 lousy apple juices and one packet of Pretzel. All through 3 days. I can only lay the blame to the room staff - this is a revenue generating section people - am sure should not be telling this to a supposedly 5 star property
2. Pieces of paper from the last guest strewn around the room - Another negative for the cleaning department
3. The rooftop bar was nice but the counter had cockroaches, small ones which entered the snack-bowl as well - pretty disgusting. Pest control?
4. While most of the staff was polite, I got a feeling that they tend to shortchange you at the breakfast buffet in the morning unless you speak out. When i asked for a table, i was offered one farthest from the entry - and by far i really mean in Siberia. When the same thing happened on day 2 and 3, i politely said i would not take it and instead take one of the several empty ones closer to the buffet. If you have to do it, and am sure all hotels do it, do it subtly. Not so brazen

The positives - food was decent - although the South Indian thali was a let down. Staff in general was nice and was a reasonably central location which served my purpose well. But, i may have to rethink my next stay. Not impressive Taj.

Room Tip: Choose as high as you can get.
1  Thank PuneetSaxena

Dear Guest,

At the outset please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

You can be rest assured that corrective measures have been taken with regards to your concerns and you will definitely see a marked improvement on your next visit.

We apologise once again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Well I was on business visit for few days. It's nice an comfortable hotel I would say like any other comfortable hotel. Should work on their gym though . Location is great staff is very friendly and hospitable . Though I was a bit shocked when a work colleague of mine just came directly to my room because he knew my room number. So security is something they should work on . Spa is ok . Roof top pool is very ok as well . Food is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Parishot

Dear Guest,

It’s pleasing to note that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay.

Whilst we are glad that you were very pleased with our food and service , we regret the shortfalls with regards to our Fitness Center and the safety in our hotel. Please be rest assured that corrective measures have been taken in this regard and you will definitely see a marked improvement on your next visit.