“Poor Service”
Review of Hotel Mars Classic

Hotel Mars Classic
Ranked #336 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have booked these hotel from MakeMyTrip and i booked only for the service of Airport Transfer as I was staying for only 1 night that too I was reaching in evening and was flying back early morning so needed to get the transfer but as promised they didn't provided the pick up facility and later when i asked for the drop facility they refused initially and later drop me through Auto for which i have to walk a lot as he dropped me outside the airport.
Please see before booking Hotel Mars as there are 3 hotel with the same name.

Room Tip: Confirm the hotel name and address before booking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mars Classic

Reviewed 1 July 2014

it is the worst hotel

the bathrooms and toilets are even dirtier then the toilets of railway stations

Even no water available in bathrooms

No service

Its worst

YOU WILL REGRET IF YOU STAY IN THIS HOTEL

ITS WORST

PLEASE NEVER EVER GO IN THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: Worst Hotel, Please dont even thin about this
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I used to travel within india and abroad. I always preferred to book my hotel on line only and I always feel that the information provided by tour and trip websites are always good and value for money. In may I visited to chennai and this was my trip to chennai. So I was looking for a hotel near airport as my flight was scheduled late so I preferred to stay a hotel near to airport. Through yatra.com I booked a deluxe room in Mars hotel. But when I visited to hotel reception they told me that they don't have vacant deluxe room. So they suggested me to stay in semi deluxe room. It was about 11.00 pm. So I did not have option but to stay there. But it when I entered in room, I shocked as the condition of room, bedding and bathroom was pity. More over the manager of the hotel did not agree to pay me diffrence of room tariff and advised me if I shall stay with him for more one night then they will refund me Rs. 200/-. I was shocked to hear this. But I did not react as I was not in position to compromise for small room. So I would highly suggest to all not to book this hotel and don't pay intention to the picture of hotel mention on website.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Anil_Ons
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel photo look new but its under renovation and it was not mentioned while booking
I booked through agoda it mentioned breakfast is included but nothing in hotel.
Aircon, Lights not work in room
Terrible bed can't able to sleep
Light was not fixed until check out

Room Tip: Please don't book this if u want to stay for relaxation there are lot of good hotel around there...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I chose this hotel due to its closeness to the Chennai international airport so that it is ideal for catching an early flight. It is less expensive but that is it. Dirty room with extremely dirty bathroom. Receptionist - not really rude but also not friendly. One major advantage was that the room included a pick-up & drop from & to the airport. I am unsure if I had to pay for it. If one prefers a hotel close to the airport for a short night's stay that doesn't cost >25 €, well, go for it.If you are used to business class airport hotels around the world, you will have a terrible time here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank yuvakrithi
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I booked the hotel as i had arrived late in night and the hotel was close to airport and they promised me good service with complimentary pick up and drop but that was it
Loads of crawling insect in the room, non existent hot water, Bed sheet stained with (BIOLOGICALS), Air conditioner did not allow you to sleep, dirtiest bathroom with leaking taps and to top it all worst management ever. i prayed for the night to get over so i could just run out of there.

Never ever book yourself into this, at a glance you might feel this room is ok for the night but trust me ,the suffering aggravates by minute

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank abhishek_manya24
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Three AC rooms were booked for an auspicious occasion in this hotel and the hotel charged
Rs.2500/- for one room for accommodation of 4 persons two more rooms for accommodation
of 6 persons.It was promised by the management that the charges include morning coffee and
breakfast.But to the dismay of the guests no coffee or breakfast was arranged..When this matter was brought to my notice,I phoned up to the Manager to inquire about this and I was shocked to receive rude and rough language used by that individual .He went on to narrate how a discount was allowed and 'directed' to speak to the customer who booked the rooms.
The appalling nature and abusive and disgusting language used showed the nature of the
management and unfriendly attitude towards the customers.

I am writing this review in inform all the prospective customers to be aware
of this uncivilized management and avoid booking rooms in the hotel.As an advocate I am
prepared to file a complaint against this hotel on behalf of any customer who is treated with this
kind of treatment and to file a case in the proper judicial forum free of cost.
M.Krishnan
Advocate
Madras High Court
Chennai.

Room Tip: For heavens sake don't stay in the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family