“My overall experience with Taz Kamar Inn”
Review of Taz Kamar Inn

Taz Kamar Inn
Ranked #37 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Singapore, Singapore
“My overall experience with Taz Kamar Inn”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is my third time I have stayed at Taz Kamar Inn. This time I stayed with my family and we all are satisfied with the kind hospitality and warmness of all staff.

It is rare to find such a hotel with an international standards in Chennai (unless it is a 5 star category).

I would certainly recommend foreign travellers to try this hotel (with free wi-fi and breakfast). However, wi-fi needs to be improved. A restaurant is attached to the hotel and you can find indian, continental and some chinese varieties too.

During our stay, I met with guests from Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa and even westerners.

Very ideal location in T.Nagar at a walkable distance to all major shopping centres, proximity to train station and all good restaurants. T. Nagar is the heart of Chennai.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MaideenM
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Mr Maideen,

It was really a pleasure serving you at Taz Kamar Inn and pleased to know that your stay with us was a comfortable one. And with regard to internet connection we are working on the WIFI connectivity issues and will be set right shortly and we assure you a trouble free WIFI connectivity during your next visit. `

Thank you very much for your continued patronage and we eagerly look forward to your next visit and we wish you good luck on your business and all your future endeavors. Assuring you the best of services at all times.

Warm regards,
M.G.Jahir Hussain,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Just back from Chennai and stayed in Taz Kamar for 3 nights. This is our 4th stay and will be back again. Thanks to all staff, from reception up to room service for their hospitality. Gayathri & Premkumar ,Penang Malaysia.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Mr Prem Kumar & Ms. Gayathri,

At the outset we would like to express our thank you and gratitude for your continued patronage. Thank you very much for your stay and encouraging comments like yours goes a long way to keep our team motivated. I have personally shared your message with our team and conveyed your wishes .

We eagerly look forward to your next visit very soon and assuring you the best of services at all times.

Warm Regards,
M.G.Jahir Hussain.
General Manager.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in this fantastic beautiful hotel for a week.It is one of the best location and conveniently located to all shopping,leisure and businesses. the food in the restaurant and the hospitality of all staff and specially the GM Mr.Jahir Hussain was very very good. It is one of the cleanest hotel we have stayed in India.We are looking forward to our nest stay ASAP.
We highly recommend this fantastic hotel to anyone who would like to stay in a quiet and beautiful hotel with all amenities.
Well done Taz Kamar.

Room Tip: All rooms are fatastic
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Thambiah,

Thank you very much for your stay with Taz Kamar Inn during your recent visit to Chennai and it was really a honor to serve you sir.

We the team at Taz Kamar Inn have always been working towards giving our guests the feeling of being at home and to certain extent we have been successful in achieving it. As you have rightly noticed, we want to be known for our cleanliness rather than anything else as it is the one thing considered as a basic necessity by one and all.

Once again thank you for your stay and your comments, which always motivates us to improvise our service on a daily basis. Assuring you the best of services at all times.

Warm regards,

M.G.Jahir Hussain.
General Manager.
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

We 6 of us had very great wonderful and fantastic days stay at Taz Kamaz Apartments since 27th Nov till 30th Nov 2013 of 4 days 3 nights stay of their service from lobby to house keeping. It is located strategically near very bzii Indian bazaar of shopping malls and area. We in future come back will stay here again for more comfortable. We also impressed with Manager on duty and the Boss also around the clock. Keep it up gud job.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rao S
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Mr Rao,

Thank you for your stay with Taz Kamar Inn and sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with authentic hospitality. I have shared your feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Taz Kamar Inn, Chennai.

Assuring you the best of services at all times.

Regards,

M.G.Jhair Hussain - G.M
Singapore
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Taz Kamar hotel during our visit to chennai. One of the best location for shopping, leisure and business. Walking distance to the most vibrant shops and yet the hotel rests on the quietest Road away from the buzzing T-Nagar! Taz Kamar is a well kept, cleanest hotel at a most convenient cost. Hotel provides free wifi with strong signal felt in both of our rooms. The very most noticeable thing upon entering the reception area are the staffs who greets guests with warmest smile without fail, every time. Complementary breakfast provided at hotel restaurant was very palatable and variety changes on daily basis. We had a wonderful stay and peaceful sleep at night. Two thumps, way up for this remarkable hotel highly recommended by us! I promise no regrets! Enjoy your stay, like we did!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Reveiwer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with authentic hospitality. As you had rightly mentioned the location of our hotel in a calm and serene street midst the hustle and bustle of T.Nagar makes us unique. And our courteous service with keen focus on cleanliness makes us stand out in the crowd. I have shared your feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Taz Kamar Inn, Chennai.

Assuring you the best of services at all times.

Regards,

M.G.Jhair Hussain - G.M
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hi My name is Surindirrenath from Penang,Malaysia I stayed last month here with my brother and we were really satisfied with the cleanliness,staff relation and response with us especially the hotel GM he is such a helpful person we initially plan to stay one night but we extend to two nights.The location of the hotel is extremely well set in shopping area.I enjoyed my stay and we will always come back to this hotel for our future trips.I really thank the management and the staffs who really take care of our pride during the stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr Surindirrenath,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with authentic hospitality.. I have shared your feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Taz Kamar Inn Chennai.

Assuring you the best of services all times.

Regards

M.G. Jahir Hussain
Genreal Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I just returned from my trip to Chennai. I chose to stay at this hotel after being impressed by some of the great reviews here but it was such a disappointment. I stayed there for 9 nights, between 19 and 28th November. The first few days the water was dirty. At one point it was dark chocolate in colour and was truly disgusting. Even after complaining to the cleaners nothing happened until that night at about 11pm my sister and I said that we would change hotel if the problem is not rectified. Only then someone was sent to repair and so late at night! Breakfast was moderate South Indian. I liked the coffee. However, the menu didn't offer anything great for lunch & dinner. The chicken briyani was not as tasty as the one we get here in Malaysia. The chicken was not well cooked either. The vegetable briyani was just bland. Once I ordered the non-veg meal and it was actually a vege meal with just a mere addition of a pathetic one bone piece chicken and some fish curry. The servings are very small compared to Malaysia. We did not get our money's worth.And there is one thing i noticed all over the places I went to eat, Shallots, Saravana Bhavan etc They have the irritating habit of giving the bill even before we have finished eating! Something that never happens here in Malaysia. They are ever anxious to clear the table ; and once even my sweet dish was taken away when I went to wash my hands.What sort of hospitality is that? The staff at the Shallots was friendly and kind though I can't say the same to the front desk staff. They came across as plain cold and unfriendly. We wanted to visit Valluvar Kottam and asked them to arrange a waiting cab. Suddenly a 'marketing executive' appeared and the cab came after almost 45 mins. The worst part was the cab driver didn't even know where VK was located and expected us to show the way. Now that is plain ridiculous as we were the tourists there! On the last day, I called for someone to help us with our luggage to check out but no one came. We had to take our luggage on our own. All I can say is, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. They need to change their attitude and need to learn some interpersonal skills. The person from the hotel who reads this review, please don't get defensive, Instead work on making things better. The only plus point is the hotel is a little bit away from the Raganathan street so there was not much noise especially during weekend. It is just a stone's throw away from the shopping places which is an added advantage. However, besides these, the negative aspects prevail.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CarolVimla
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Ms Vimla Carol,

Thank you very much for you stay with Taz Kamar Inn and we deeply regret to know that you had an unpleasant experience with your stay with us. And we have taken all the points you have highlighted on a positive note and forwarded to the respective HODs to take the corrective measures immediately. At the same time I would like to inform you that the experience you had was an one off case that you had to have a bad experience and this is not the regular standard we are known for. I personally apologize for what had happened and invite you to stay with us during your next visit to Chennai and I shall ensure that you have a pleasant and memorable stay with Taz Kamar Inn.

Thank you once again and assuring you the best of services at all times.

For Taz Kamar Inn,