“Not up to standard”
Review of Taz Kamar Inn

Taz Kamar Inn
Ranked #40 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
“Not up to standard”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked this hotel because of positive reviews but i was disappointed. This is not my first time in Chennai and i have been to several hotels.
Location is near a busy street, staff don't know how to anticipate customer needs like complimentary water needs to be asked, rooms seem to have paper like walls you can even hear conversations on the other room and children running around the corridor. I booked for double bed but was given twin bed. The only plus point in this hotel is the air conditioning and the refrigerator that worked perfectly fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jobelyn t
tazkamar, Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your stay at Taz Kamar during your recent visit to Chennai. My apologies for you to have encountered the experience which was unpleasant. And it is really a one off experience what you have had and by no means this is the the service Taz Kamar is known for.

I have initiated necessary and appropriate actions to set right the deficiencies you had mentioned about your stay. I deeply regret for having you encounter the inconveniences. Please visit us in confidence the next time and I will personally ensure that your stay is a pleasant and memorable one.

For Taz Kamar Inn,
M.G.Jahir Hussain - G.M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked this hotel after reading the many good reviews in Tripadvisor and for it's ideal location in T Nagar (shopping area). I did not regret it. Our room was clean and comfortable with clean beds.

My sister-in-law and I stayed in an Executive room for 6 days. Our room was clean and comfortable with clean bedding. Mr Sitaraman ensured that we are comfortable with our room and also addressed any concern we had.

We also thank Mr T Selwyn who was very concerned about our safety, being two ladies doing the temple tour in Chennai and also for his dining recommendations. We felt very safe in the hotel.

Subbu, Ranjit and Ganesh were very friendly, courteous and helpful. We will definitely stay here again in future and recommend it to our relatives and friends. All the best to the management and staff and keep on the good work! Rohini

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are in search of words to thank you for the detailed review you had given on tripadvisor and it was a real honor and pleasure serving you and being your host. Encouraging words like these goes a long way in elevating our service standards.

I did share your experience with my team and they were equally elated as I am. As a hotel we always strive hard to make our guests stay with us a memorable and pleasant one and I think we have done justice to our intentions, however we promise to make your next stay with us a more better one.

We eagerly look forward to your next visit and we assure the best of services at all times.

For Taz Kamar Inn Pvt Ltd.

M.G.Jahir Hussain - G.M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

When booking our holiday to India, we knew from our last experience where we were going to stay. Our flights were booked and now our accommodation is confirmed especially after our last experience.
We stayed in Tazkamar between June -July 2014. In this time we experience mind blowing service from the staff. Every time we had a question, query or we're needing something for our room staff were very attentive to our needs or we're always helpful throughout out stay. The GM in particular always takes his time with his guests and provides the upmost service and respect for each and everyone. Nothing is too much or too hard for this GM . We have watched his interactions with his guests and he sets a great example for his staff. This shows a lot about his work ethics and the passion he has for his workplace environment.
The rooms are very neat and tidy and staff always make and clean the rooms on a daily basis, making it feel very homely and nice to stay at. When ordering room service, meals are always delivered in timely manner and are always tasting fresh and full of flavour!. There have been times when we have requested food from outside the hotel, staff to our surprise have gone out of their way to bring us what we require without any hassle. They will bring food to your room after going out to shop for what you like. Now this is service and very unexpected!
Tazkamar is a very convenient hotel to stay at, as the location is very close to shops, airport, railway station and bus stops if need be. They also provided us with free Wifi so we can get in contact with our loved ones at no cost.
They also provided us with free breakfast , a huge saving for us as we were staying at the hotel for over a month. This will also help guests when looking for a hotel that has everything including a great variety of breakfast for them and their families.
The hotel is very good value for money . The service and stay is like going to a Five Star Hotel and Restaurant without paying the high price.
There is no question we had an incredible time and stay with Tazkamar. Every time we book and stay in India, there is no question where we will stay. It will always be here. Great atmosphere, food, stay .. It made us feel right at home especially with the tight security who looked after us and our guests in the hotel.
Thanks to everyone who made it a pleasant stay . We will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors are great
1 Thank Kathiravel N
tazkamar, Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Taz Kamar for your stay at Chennai. It was really a pleasure and honor serving you and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

I did share your experience with my team and they were equally delighted and we eagerly look forward to your next visit to Taz Kamar Inn.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and we assure you the best of services at all times.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The staff and owner are gracious and incredibly helpful. They couldn't have offered more useful assistance to new arrivals. The rooms are also clean, comfortable and very well-priced, and the hotel is ideally located next to shopping districts and the train line. Overall, a fantastic place!

Stayed July 2014
tazkamar, Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is a building of itself, not joint with any other facilities which is good.

I extended my stay up to 6 days from my 7 days of vacation to Chennai, India. A great and satisfactory place to stay for the first time in Chennai.

Sole purpose of visit to Chennai is to shop at Ranganathan Street which is just located about less than 4 minutes of walk. Great place to stay while performing your shopping rituals all over T. Nagar area which makes this hotel a very convenient location.

Staff are ALL FRIENDLY AND WARM, and I mean it. I booked for a Deluxe room and was upgraded to Executive room for 6 days with the price of a Deluxe room due to room unavailability. Rooms are very clean with fresh and clean bed sheets, pillows and blankets. Fridges are also included in each room. I expected for the bathroom to be less than satisfactory unlike other facilities in the room, but I was wrong as I found the bathroom was properly maintained and clean with no bad smells. (and no bugs whatsoever if you're wondering)

Hotel restaurant was great as well, clean and maintained restaurant, friendly staff. Food was not too expensive and very delicious for its price. If I'm not mistaken, I ate dinner for 5 days in the hotel restaurant, since varieties of food is available and gives a good warm environment. Breakfast are inclusive during stay, however the choice of food during breakfast are limited to around 2-4 main dishes every day. It's not a problem for me, since the food are deliciously good, and other restaurants are available in the area if you need the change.

Pharmacy, convenience store, and local Bank are all a stone's throw away from the hotel.
Call taxis, and auto are easily available in hotel/area itself. No problem in transportation even though the hotel provides their own cab.

A great location for all shopping lovers. Done too much of shopping ? Bags are too heavy to carry? No problem, lets walk back to the hotel, put the bags away, take a good 5 minutes rest, and continue shopping !!

Other services done for me by staff :-
- call taxi for us to move around
- posted several cards to local addresses in Chennai (which costs about 30-40 rupees)
- Money exchange within 15-20 minutes of completion.
- Luggage drop off for tailors to pick up and drop by when done. (while we're in another state/away)
- checked cinema seats/timing for local movies in theathre

Summary, a great place to stay and a safe place to stay. A definite stay on my next visit and will recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: If you're travelling in a group and in need of more than 1 room, request for the rooms to be sid...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kiru19
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at Taz Kamar during your recent visit to Chennai and we are pleased to know that your stay was a comfortable and memorable one.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you very much for your positive review and encouraging words like these will go a long way to improvise our service standards and also to maintain the consistency in our service levels.

Assuring you the best of services at all times.

Best regards,

For Taz Kamar Inn Pvt, Ltd,.

M.G.Jahir Hussain - GM.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel was very good value for money.
The service was excellent. All the staff are courteous and bend over backwards to help. The security was 100% +; one day we left our room unlocked by mistake from 10am to 8 pm. and nothing was untouched.
Very clean rooms with regular cleaning.
Food was average to very good, depending on your choice of food selection. Staff in the restaurant were helpful.
Room service excellent too, as were laundry facilites(but no dry cleaning).
Staff response is almost instant!

Room Tip: Choose the Suite room if more than 2 are together.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014

Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

i was warm n good when i arrived and the receptionist greeted me with such a pleasant and welcoming smile by addressing me by name. Looks like he was waiting for our arrival. Felt most warm and welcomed.

Best Experience: Although was my first time in this hotel, I felt like a family environment. Right from the reception, rooms, restaurant and bell service and even the gardener was so friendly offering me what I needed. They never treated me like a stranger. The last day was the most sad day for me to leave. I am definitely coming back to Taz Kamar again soon and will recommend this place to all my friends. Chennai is the best and so is Taz Kamar too.
I would like to thanks Mr. V.Sitaraman (Front Desk Manger), Ganesh & Nazim and i would like to thanks the mamagement for Taz Kamar for your hospitality

Worst Experience: NOTHING.....

Room Tip: "Room are good"
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Taz Kamar for your stay at Chennai. It was really a pleasure and honor serving you and we are delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

I did share your experience with my team and they were equally delighted and we eagerly look forward to your next visit.