“Very Good..”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 436 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent property at a very good location. Great restaurents and good food. Specially Ayna and the Vasco.
Comfrtable rooms.

The only thing to be imporved seemed like the hardness of water in the bathroom. It seemed like the RO plant needs attention.

Will go again..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

It is such a delight to read that your recent stay with us was a comfortable one. Please rest assured, as our Chief Engineer is looking into your recommendation on the water hardness.

We look forward to your return visit and should you need any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Kind Regards,

Parag Sawhney

Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have stayed a few times here both for business and with family on leisure. Very helpful staff and most of them remember us very well and take special attention to our needs. I would like to specially Thank Karthik (ayna) , Askar(dm) & Ramu(concierge ).
This time around I noticed that house keeping dept has issues. They are not at all to the standards and needs to step up.
I was glad this time around that the qbar has reduced decibels so the guests could sleep well.
Security check at the main lobby is irritating and has no logic at all. The guys there have seen me leave for a meeting and return back to hotel later that noon and he wants all baggage screened again. Now, he is to guard us? Or suspect us? Who pay and stay at your premises after providing all particulars. If this continues I might give a skip to Hiltons at chennai for ever.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J J
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you very much for staying at Hilton Chennai and taking the time to share your feedback on the services that you experienced. I have taken note of the team members that you have appreciated and will ensure that they are recognized during our next team meeting. I have also made a note of the security procedures and your recommendations would be taken into consideration. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future and should you need any assistance, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've stayed in the Hilton Chennai a number of times for trips lasting 2-5 weeks. Everytime the staff have been hands down amazing (with the exception of one very grumpy waiter). They took the time to remember my name amongst all the other guests and greeted me as such each morning. This was the same for the waiting staff through to Concierge. However, the facilities of the hotel are something to be desired if you want to use them during peak times. The hotel has around 6 beds available on the sun terrace... as you imagine, they are quickly taken. The pool is small and shallow, but serves well to cool down and relax. That is until all the kids arrive, with no other pool facilities to use it quickly becomes over run and turns into a watery nightmare creche with parents leaving the kids to run amock (or being present and just not caring).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you very much for your continued patronage and sharing your feedback on the services that you experienced. Our Front Office Manager has reached out to you to gain deeper insight into your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to reach me directly on parag.sawhney@hilton.com

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently stayed in the Hilton Chennai for a week on business.

The decor and styling is very up to date - giving a very comfortable ambience and certainly a welcome respite from the frenetic work life.

The room is large and comfortable - with a good bed and above average bathroom with both a bath and separate shower (so no clinging shower curtains).

Several different bars and restaurants, allows you to easily decide to spend your money on the evenings food in the hotel.

I had one problem with a item on the room service menu - which I highlighted and must commend the hotel and chef on their efforts to make a remedy

The aspects which I will be aware of in the future and will share with other travellers. Their cost of taxis versus locally booked taxis can be up to 5-10 times more expensive - however you are guaranteed a better quality of car and driver who speaks English as well. Equally there is an offer of extras when checking in, and I suggest confirming the details before taking the hotel up on them.

Finally on most nights, there was loud music that I could hear (probably from the rooftop bar), which would disturb you if you wanted an early night. However this did stop on every occasion at precisely midnight.

I will review the restaurants in the hotel separately

Would I stay again? Yes but would and try not to have an early night

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Hilton Chennai. Apart from the fantastic modern product that we have, it indeed is the warm and friendly customer service which differentiates Hilton Chennai from the rest. I have already made a note of your feedback on the music on weekends and corrective actions are being implemented.

For any further assistance, please feel free to reach me directly at parag.sawhney@hilton.com

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Nice hotel with warm and helpful staff. Room and facilities are good and particularly, I had no problem with the Wi-Fi all time during my stay. Food in restaurant is OK, particularly for buffet dinner.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

I am delighted to learn of your pleasant experience at Hilton Chennai. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we indeed look forward to welcoming you back soon.

If I can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to reach me directly at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Hilton is one of the most modern hotels in Chennai. Excellent amenities and the staff is extremely helpful and courtious. The rooms are clean and the food on site at the restaurants is excellent as is the variety. Will definitely stay at the Hilton in Chennai again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Chennai. I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel facilities and were impressed with the service standards and professionalism with which the team serves all our guests.

We look forward to your return and should you need any assistance, please reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at this Hotel twice as we used it for a base to go to Sri Lanka and back before heading of to Cochin.

The hotel is very modern and the rooms are furnished to a high standard. The staff were very helpful and attentive.

Particular praise must go to the front office staff, Praveen and Namrata Sharma.

The hotel had at the time of our first visit on the Saturday night a DJ at the Q Bar on the roof, where the infinity pool is. The view from their was wonderful as the evening drew in.

The Q Bar area had plenty of seating upstairs and the age of the people who were locals were from approx 18 to 25 and the atmosphere was good as was the vibe!

On our second visit back at the hotel there was live music in the Vintage Bank restaurant and the people who performed were very good, well worth a visit and a listen. Food was also good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steviecook58
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you so much for posting your valuable comments on Trip Advisor. Apart from the fantastic modern product that we have, it indeed is the warm and friendly customer service which differentiates Hilton Chennai from the rest. I have shared your kind comments with the entire team. Vintage Bank and Q Bar are the talk of the town and apart from the resident guests we have a lot of local guests frequenting the hotel for a memorable culinary experience.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for yet another memorable experience. Should you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to reach me directly at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Kind Regards,