“A very nice place to relax while on business”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Moville, Ireland
“A very nice place to relax while on business”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

At times, the staff could be a little over attentive. However, they were all very pleaseant and efficient. Everything was to a very high standard. It's a pity taht they are building a metro station right oppositethe fron gate :-(

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to learn that you found the service levels throughout your stay to be of very high standard and please rest assured as we have taken your constructive feedback onboard.

I agree with you that the metro work being carried out outside the hotel certainly hampers the outlook of the surroundings and we hope the situation improves soon.

If I can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to reach me directly at parag.sawhney@hilton.com and we look forward to welcome you back.

Parag Sawhney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nauheim, Germany
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was one of the most memorable hotel experiences because the friendliness and the ovrall attitude of the staff was exceptional. Always a friendly word, always interested in finding out if everything is alright, always positive, these are all people who understand what it means to serve customers well. Congrats to this staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is such a pleasure to learn that you had a delightful experience at Hilton Chennai and on behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your kind comments. I completely agree with you that our team members indeed go an extra mile to ensure that every guest needs are proactively met.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for yet another memorable experience and should you need any assistance with your future stays, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com

Mountain View, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was very lucky to be put up here by my company. It is spacious, sterile, offers a varied breakfast buffet that has both Indian, Western, and sort of Japanese cuisines. The water at the restaurants are safe to drink and the fruits safe to eat, and they also provide two bottles of water in your room, for the foreigners who haven't adapted to India's water. The meals outside of the included breakfast are pricey, especially for India and kind of salty. It is still very nice food though.

The room was very comfortable with reliable hot water, although there were a few tiny quirks:

- my 4th day or so there, the water in the toilet filled with red water but returned to normal the next day
- one day the drain plug in the sink was pushed all the way down and I was unable to get it back up
- the hair dryer didn't work for me
- there was a family in the room next door and it was VERY noisy, especially near the door where the two rooms join. After they checked out it was quiet.

Overall, an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Room was not as quiet as I expected. If you are jet lagged and sleeping during the day, you may hear...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I fully agree with you that our restaurants serve very sumptuous cuisines and our chefs take a lot of pride in delivering a high class meal experience. Rest assured we have taken your constructive feedback onboard.

Should you need any assistance with your future stays, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com and we look forward to welcome you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

With all the traffic congestion it is not worth going into the city anymore, I chose this Hilton due the vicinity to the airport and was extremely happy with the decision. The staff, the room and the amenities were great. First, the whole staff from the door people to the front reception staff to the housekeeper is very helpful and always have a nice "hello" and a smile for you. This is extremely important and not all the hotels have this level of professionalism. I like the fact that somebody comes up to the room and shows you all the facilities. The bathrooms are awesome. The beds are extremely comfortable. As others have suggested, the breakfast is a feast. At times, when it is crowded, the service at the breakfast buffet could be a bit slow but that gives you a chance to sit and enjoy the breakfast a bit longer. As a HH member, I had access to the lounge on the 4th floor. This is a great place to relax in between meetings, have tea and catch up on emails. The staff and the chef at the lounge need special mention. One cannot forget the rooftop at night. It is beautiful and romantic. We even recognized the rooftop garden and pool in a recent movie.
Good job all around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Chennai. It is such a delight to know that you were well looked after by our professional yet friendly team members. The entire team at Hilton Chennai thanks you for your kind comments and recognition. I am glad to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel facilities, especially the restaurants and bar which has a roof top view of the city.

Should you need any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com and we look forward to your return visit.

chennai, India
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I cannot praise the staff and management of this Hilton enough! Everyone went above and beyond my expectations to ensure our stay was a pleasant and enjoyable one. I would like to single out the concierge especially who arranged cars and guides for our stay, he did a wonderful job connecting us with knowledgeable guides who provided history and local color to the many temples we visited. Lastly, I have no idea how they managed it, but everyone working the desk or in a management role, greeted us by name every single time we passed by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am delighted to read your review and the team at Hilton Chennai cannot thank you enough for recommending us as the best hotel. My team strives really hard to ensure that every single guest is cared for, valued and respected at every stage of their stay.

We look forward to your future visit to deliver yet another memorable experience.

Please feel free to reach me on parag.sawhney@hilton.com

BANGALORE
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had booked my stay for one night ( on 18th July) through Make My trip. The booking was
inclusive of breakfast and all taxes. When I checked in on 18th noon, first, no one near the
entrance to take care of the baggage, at reception, the person could not make out that my stay is inclusive of break fast and taxes, made me to wait till he check up with his office, but did not offer me to relax at sofa or offer any welcome drink for the delay from his side. After trying to get response, finally asked me to check-in to my room with a promise that he would confirm that Breakfast is included . They confirmed the same later on. The room booked was of King Bed, the room allotted was a twin bed. When asked later on the reply was that they felt the King bed rooms will be noisier in the evenings hence they decided not to give such room to the client. Who decides? Even then, no apology or sorry. They said, if I want, they can change. That too after half an hour on check-in to the room. The writing table in the room had staines.Apparently not cleaned properly before giving to me.
The drinks and food at Q-Bar, their roof top bar was average, service is slow.
Next morning the south Indian Idli( cashew idlis) was so hard and half cooked.
While checking out on 19th , the lady at the reception did her job like a robot, no smile on her face, no thank you and come again. I have never experienced such attitude any where else.
I was wondering how can Hilton , such a reputed brand can hire people who have no courtesy
to their guests and no aptiitude of service.

1 Thank BHATBangalore
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Hilton Chennai. I understand that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay, for which I sincerely apologize.

May I kindly request you to forward your contact details to me on parag.sawhney@hilton.com and I will reach you at your convenience in order to gain further insight in your experience.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Hilton Chennai for a seamless stay.

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very helpful Staff. True to the highest ideals of Hospitality sector. Excellent breakfast spread and royal treatment during Dinner at Ayna. Very good feature of allowing only wanted guests in the room. Though the location of the hotel is nearer to the airport it does not have a scenic surrounding. Did not see much of greenery in the hotel premises.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am delighted to learn of your recent stay and your fabulous experience that was delivered by our Ayna team. Your comments certainly encourage us to continually better ourselves in order to deliver higher levels of guest satisfaction. The metro work being carried outside the hotel hampers the outlook of the surroundings and we hope the situation improves soon.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future and should you need any assistance, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com

Kind Regards