“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 407 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 10 August 2014

- Warm Staff
- Good Location
- Good Restaurant (Excellent Breakfast Spread)
- Large property befitting a 5-star property (Welcome change from small/ dingy hotels of UK)

The only issue that I faced was an billing for an extra day - I had to do few follow-ups to get this regularized. Other than this everything else is really good

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank peteralpha
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your views. I completely agree with you that it indeed is the warm and friendly customer service which differentiates Hilton Chennai from the rest. Your feedback on the billing has been taken on-board; please rest assured I will take the necessary steps. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night only, was very lucky to be there on a Saturday night. The Roof top pool side cub 'Q bar' was excellent, very helpful & warm staff,very well appointed rooms and lot of great options to Dine-in,would definitely stay at this hotel whenever visit Chennai.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had some time during your short stay to enjoy Q bar. Your comments certainly encourage us to continually better ourselves in order to deliver higher levels of guest satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com for any assistance.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel us very near to the airport and can arrange to pick you up and drop you back to the sir port. The hotel is very nice with a lovely lobby we ate here 3 evenings once in the Indian restaurant once in the main one and once in the lobby. All meals very very nice and the service was very good. All staff at all times were very friendly and offered greet service. My colleague did have cause yo complain abiotic the noise from the roof top disco held on a Friday evening as we needed to leave for the airport very early. The duty mgr was very attentive but the noise continued. I've heard since this is a very popular place to socialise on a Friday evening but if it disturbs your hotel guests then maybe the hotel needs to think about their core business. That said I would stay again if i was leaving for home on a friday

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Hilton Chennai. It is such a delight to read that you were impressed with the service standards and professionalism with which the team serves our guests. QBar indeed is the talk of the town, however, I have made a note of your feedback on the music on weekends and corrective actions are being implemented.

If I can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

At times, the staff could be a little over attentive. However, they were all very pleaseant and efficient. Everything was to a very high standard. It's a pity taht they are building a metro station right oppositethe fron gate :-(

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to learn that you found the service levels throughout your stay to be of very high standard and please rest assured as we have taken your constructive feedback onboard.

I agree with you that the metro work being carried out outside the hotel certainly hampers the outlook of the surroundings and we hope the situation improves soon.

If I can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to reach me directly at parag.sawhney@hilton.com and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was one of the most memorable hotel experiences because the friendliness and the ovrall attitude of the staff was exceptional. Always a friendly word, always interested in finding out if everything is alright, always positive, these are all people who understand what it means to serve customers well. Congrats to this staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is such a pleasure to learn that you had a delightful experience at Hilton Chennai and on behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your kind comments. I completely agree with you that our team members indeed go an extra mile to ensure that every guest needs are proactively met.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for yet another memorable experience and should you need any assistance with your future stays, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was very lucky to be put up here by my company. It is spacious, sterile, offers a varied breakfast buffet that has both Indian, Western, and sort of Japanese cuisines. The water at the restaurants are safe to drink and the fruits safe to eat, and they also provide two bottles of water in your room, for the foreigners who haven't adapted to India's water. The meals outside of the included breakfast are pricey, especially for India and kind of salty. It is still very nice food though.

The room was very comfortable with reliable hot water, although there were a few tiny quirks:

- my 4th day or so there, the water in the toilet filled with red water but returned to normal the next day
- one day the drain plug in the sink was pushed all the way down and I was unable to get it back up
- the hair dryer didn't work for me
- there was a family in the room next door and it was VERY noisy, especially near the door where the two rooms join. After they checked out it was quiet.

Overall, an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Room was not as quiet as I expected. If you are jet lagged and sleeping during the day, you may hear...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I fully agree with you that our restaurants serve very sumptuous cuisines and our chefs take a lot of pride in delivering a high class meal experience. Rest assured we have taken your constructive feedback onboard.

Should you need any assistance with your future stays, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

With all the traffic congestion it is not worth going into the city anymore, I chose this Hilton due the vicinity to the airport and was extremely happy with the decision. The staff, the room and the amenities were great. First, the whole staff from the door people to the front reception staff to the housekeeper is very helpful and always have a nice "hello" and a smile for you. This is extremely important and not all the hotels have this level of professionalism. I like the fact that somebody comes up to the room and shows you all the facilities. The bathrooms are awesome. The beds are extremely comfortable. As others have suggested, the breakfast is a feast. At times, when it is crowded, the service at the breakfast buffet could be a bit slow but that gives you a chance to sit and enjoy the breakfast a bit longer. As a HH member, I had access to the lounge on the 4th floor. This is a great place to relax in between meetings, have tea and catch up on emails. The staff and the chef at the lounge need special mention. One cannot forget the rooftop at night. It is beautiful and romantic. We even recognized the rooftop garden and pool in a recent movie.
Good job all around.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Chennai. It is such a delight to know that you were well looked after by our professional yet friendly team members. The entire team at Hilton Chennai thanks you for your kind comments and recognition. I am glad to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel facilities, especially the restaurants and bar which has a roof top view of the city.

Should you need any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com and we look forward to your return visit.