“Excellent hotel, good service”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Chennai Hilton in August 2014.

When I got there, there was a mix-up with my reservation. They had me down to stay starting one night later. The hotel staff were courteous and offered to bring me some tea or coffee while sorting things out - full credit for handling what could have been a sticky situation nicely.

The Room: My room was clean and well furnished with a nice bathroom with a big bathtub.

Food: I had an excellent "dal makhani" (lentils) with garlic naan through room service one night. Food was terrific. The hotel breakfast buffet is exceptional. In addition to several types of exotic juices (I think I got my daily dose of vegetable with their beet juice), they have a full omelette bar and dosa bar. There was a wide array of Indian as well as Western breakfast options. Indian options included upma, idli, vadais and dosas. ALl yummy.

Bar: The hotel has several bars including a rooftop bar with a great view of the city.

Wifi: I think you have to pay for it, but it was included in my conference fee.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank VSSUBR
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

It is such a pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant experience at Hilton Chennai. I fully agree with you that our restaurants serve very sumptuous cuisines and our chefs take a lot of pride in delivering a high class meal experience. Please rest assured as I have shared your compliments with my entire team.

We look forward to your return visit, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Kind Regards

998 - 1,004 of 1,470 reviews

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed with Hilton Chennai on 11 August. As a top tier rewards member you come to expect and deserve a few perks for continued loyalty. Not the case here. I was told I was upgraded to next level room status , sure hate to see what one level below was.
Once in the room, I noticed the sheets where clean, but did have a visible mold stain. The glass between the bed and bathroom appeared to still have construction film , surely not clean. As a business hotel you would expect some quite relaxing time , not so on Sunday night, hip hop boom boom until late in the evening. Next morning made coffee and poured into a ceramic cup , which leaked ??
Hilton Chennai , if you expect to top road warriors to visit, you need to clean up your act and take care of them and your regular tourist clients. There is way too much competition now in India and you must pay attention.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce D
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying at Hilton Chennai and taking the time to share your experience. I understand that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay and I sincerely apologize for the shortfall on this occasion. Please rest assured as we have taken your constructive feedback onboard.

May I kindly request you to forward your contact details to me on parag.sawhney@hilton.com and I will reach you at your convenience to gain further insight.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Hilton Chennai for a seamless stay.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

- Warm Staff
- Good Location
- Good Restaurant (Excellent Breakfast Spread)
- Large property befitting a 5-star property (Welcome change from small/ dingy hotels of UK)

The only issue that I faced was an billing for an extra day - I had to do few follow-ups to get this regularized. Other than this everything else is really good

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank peteralpha
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your views. I completely agree with you that it indeed is the warm and friendly customer service which differentiates Hilton Chennai from the rest. Your feedback on the billing has been taken on-board; please rest assured I will take the necessary steps. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Should you need any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night only, was very lucky to be there on a Saturday night. The Roof top pool side cub 'Q bar' was excellent, very helpful & warm staff,very well appointed rooms and lot of great options to Dine-in,would definitely stay at this hotel whenever visit Chennai.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had some time during your short stay to enjoy Q bar. Your comments certainly encourage us to continually better ourselves in order to deliver higher levels of guest satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com for any assistance.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel us very near to the airport and can arrange to pick you up and drop you back to the sir port. The hotel is very nice with a lovely lobby we ate here 3 evenings once in the Indian restaurant once in the main one and once in the lobby. All meals very very nice and the service was very good. All staff at all times were very friendly and offered greet service. My colleague did have cause yo complain abiotic the noise from the roof top disco held on a Friday evening as we needed to leave for the airport very early. The duty mgr was very attentive but the noise continued. I've heard since this is a very popular place to socialise on a Friday evening but if it disturbs your hotel guests then maybe the hotel needs to think about their core business. That said I would stay again if i was leaving for home on a friday

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Hilton Chennai. It is such a delight to read that you were impressed with the service standards and professionalism with which the team serves our guests. QBar indeed is the talk of the town, however, I have made a note of your feedback on the music on weekends and corrective actions are being implemented.

If I can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

At times, the staff could be a little over attentive. However, they were all very pleaseant and efficient. Everything was to a very high standard. It's a pity taht they are building a metro station right oppositethe fron gate :-(

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to learn that you found the service levels throughout your stay to be of very high standard and please rest assured as we have taken your constructive feedback onboard.

I agree with you that the metro work being carried out outside the hotel certainly hampers the outlook of the surroundings and we hope the situation improves soon.

If I can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to reach me directly at parag.sawhney@hilton.com and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was one of the most memorable hotel experiences because the friendliness and the ovrall attitude of the staff was exceptional. Always a friendly word, always interested in finding out if everything is alright, always positive, these are all people who understand what it means to serve customers well. Congrats to this staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is such a pleasure to learn that you had a delightful experience at Hilton Chennai and on behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your kind comments. I completely agree with you that our team members indeed go an extra mile to ensure that every guest needs are proactively met.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for yet another memorable experience and should you need any assistance with your future stays, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com