“Great service apartment !!!!”

Velacity - Luxury Serviced Apartments
Ranked #92 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very nice hotel and very nice staff around. They always ready to help you.
My special thanks to Mr.Shrinivas and Mr. Prasanna,
You also have very nice restaurant downstairs " Tadka Talk"
Exclusive menu and nice taste runs by Mr. Arora.

You have a Gym as well as Laundry service which makes your stay comfortable

Must visit place to stay as well to eat in Chennai.

Now about improvement point : They must include more varieties for Breakfast !!!!

Room Tip: Look for second floor room on right side. Its more spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GRTri
Srinivas R, General Manager at Velacity - Luxury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time out to comment on your recent stay at the hotel.

Velacity, Chennai is an ideal preference among various travelers wherein they can unwind themselves and enjoy a comforting stay. We are proud to know that all our efforts to organize an excellent stay for you have proved to exceed your expectations.
At our dining venues, we endeavor to offer a refreshing ambiance and friendly service to make the experience of our patrons memorable.

Once again thank you for the support and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Chennai.

Kindest Regards,

manager@velacity.net
+91 98418 02158

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel in March 2013. The upside - the rooms and washrooms are clean and spacious, and the staff is courteous. However, the room I stayed in on the first floor was very noisy and the noise disturbed my sleep. Also, the food is really bad - the variety in breakfast is poor and the taste of the dinner I ordered was awful. Location wise, it is half an hour from the airport in no traffic conditions and seems to be located in a central location of the city. All on all, an okay stay. Would prefer to stay in a hotel with better food next time.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on upper floors. I slept in a room on the first floor and it was near the chiller syste...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Srinivas R, General Manager at Velacity - Luxury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Guest!

Warm Greetings from Velacity by Purplrtree ! !

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at The Velacity. It was indeed a great pleasure to have you stay with us.

Your feedback has been shared with all the concerned team member's, it was quite unfortunate that our services did not meet your expectations in certain areas.

We deeply regret the feelings you have expressed and sincerely hope you would consider us worthy of another chance.
Our concept on the Food and Beverage has been to keep it fresh, simple and innovative.
I would most certainly share your feedback on our food offering with all our restaurant, culinary team members. We are confident to rework the offerings to stay focused and consistent at all times. any suggestions on improving the food and beverage more than welcome please do write to me at manager@velacity.net

In closing we would urge you not to judge us solely based on this visit and look forward to welcome you back and make your stay a memorable one.

S,Srinivasan

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I am glad I was misled into booking this Hotel because of the incorrect map on Trip Advisor =)

The suite-style double bed room was clean, very large and well appointed. Had a large window that gave an excellent view of the trees outside. The bedsheets and towels (which are really the acid test for me) were freshly washed and spotless. The hotel has just started a new restaurant and it is manned by a bunch of enthusiastic servers. They had a delicious fixed menu the day I stayed and for about Rs.350, it included a drink, soup, starters, 4 curries, rice and a really good dessert.

Will definitely be staying here again. I just hope they are able to maintain the same standards without jacking up the rates. I have uploaded a few pictures of the room and restaurant

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Srinivas R, General Manager at Velacity - Luxury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Dear Sir,

Warm Greetings from Velacity by Purple Tree ! !

Thank you for choosing The Velacity Chennai your stay and spending your precious time in sharing your feedback on Trip Adivsor. It is so encouraging to receive compliments from you which will help us improve our services.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with .We always strive to provide the best of hospitality and valuable feedback such as your helps us in improving our product & services further. Any suggestions on improving the amenities more than welcome please do write to me at manager@velacity.net

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Velacity- I spent my first 15 days stay in Chennai. When I first checked in i kinda liked the place. The Room was specious and the place seemed tidy, clean and well maintained. However, my perception turned out to be totally wrong. The AC was not working in my room, so when i complained guy came in fixed it, but in the middle of night i found the AC again stooped working. There were no toiletries in the bathroom. The bed sheets and towels were not being changed daily, only after my complain, they started doing that. Hotel service was supposed to keep hot water for tea/ coffee which they were not following. Though the place provides Wifi facility, the connectivity is not constant, there were times during my stay where the whole day there was no internet connection. In terms of stuff service, there were inconsistency. Stuffs like Rahul did provide a fantastic service, courteous, always ready to help, while some of the other stuffs lacked professionalism, basic manners of hospitality service. The breakfast was somewhat average. Breakfast mainly consisted of south indian dishes, it was repetitive and lacked variety. One more complain here if you go for a late breakfast you will be getting Juices diluted with water not fresh fruit juice. It happened several times during my stay there. Overall, this place has good potentiality , but more than it has a lot of area which need improvement.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the 2nd floor, these rooms are the best and 3rd floor is the worst.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Srinivas R, General Manager at Velacity - Luxury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Dear Mr.Abhik !

You may write to me at manager@ velacity.net for your continued patronage of The Velacity Chennai and I will personally facilitate your stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2013

After a lot of thoughts & plannings I have selected this Hotel for my stay in Chennai with my colleagues.It was an awesome experience (Not comparing with high class 4-5 star Hotels)

The room size is wonderfully large with all amenities like AC,WIFI,Mini Bar etc.
The only issue I found that no toiletries in the bath room but above all my stay was wholesome.

The morning breakfast is also very tasty & nice with all kind of local food availaibility.

I would like to visit this hotel many more times when I will visit Chennai.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.

Dear Mr.Ashish

Warm Greetings from Velacity by Purple Tree ! !

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Excellent Place to stay..very conveniently situated close to the airport..it is located in a very quiet and a neat place..the staff is very helpful and co-operative..food is good..overall a nice place..also incase you want to venture out and eat or shop lots of options available in walking distance..

Room Tip: Any room is okay..
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Srinivas R, General Manager at Velacity - Luxury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Mr.Venkat

Greetings from Velacity by Purpletree!

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Hotel rooms are so small. AC in the room was not working, they are making it ready till 11pm, my flight next day morning was at 5.30pm. I suppose to wake-up at 3.00, my hole sleep went in a mess.

They promised me that , they will arrange a Cab service to airport, but they have failed. Last mint i have booked on ,my own with fast track and reached airport late. It was so horrible.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Thilip
Srinivas R, General Manager at Velacity - Luxury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Mr.Thilip

Greetings from Velacity by Purpletree!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to give us your feedback regarding your stay at the Velacity. We are deeply indebted to you for having given us this very important feedback, as it is through our well wisher’s that we are able to improve our facilities and services in the Hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We have taken up the issue with the department concerned for corrective action.

We look forward to meeting you on your next visit and assure you of the very best in services, hospitality and facilities at all times.