“A small yet effective”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Inox Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: INOX Leisure Ltd.3rd Floor, Chennai Citi Centre,10-11, Dr.Radhakrishnan Salai,Mylapore, Chennai – 600004
Chennai
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A small yet effective”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

There are no big difference in options when it comes to choosing movie spots. This is once such place. I watched Sivaji the boss.. and 1 more movie. Effects were awesome.

Visited November 2012

Chennai (Madras), India
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Vast room for improvement”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Having gone to INOX properties at other cities, I expected this one to be on par. But well, it falls short by a good margin. Some essentials of INOX was visible.... plush ambience, clean theatre, well-stocked snack bar and hassle-free ticketing and collection kiosk. But the seats are way too close and hence, one feels cramped. The leg space has been compromised and adds to the discomfort. The audio and screen quality is fine and I have no complaints against them. But the nearby Escape and Sathyam provide far better alternatives.

My advice: Unless its one of your hot favorites, do not venture into the risk of sitting through anything beyond 90 minutes.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pooja_RN
CHENNAI
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Balas Inox Theatre visit”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This theatre has a number of screens showing tamil, hindi cinemas. This theatre is situated in City Centre on Radhakrishnan Salai, Mylapore. We went a little early, spent time in going around, visiting shops also had hot bhajjis, coffee at Sangeetha Restaurant in the Food court at City Centre. Inox theatre is of medium size with good comfortable seats, more leg room. We watched movie Paradesi and during intermission enjoyed snacks such as popcorn, figerchips,cakes, steamed corns,icecream etc. Inox sound system is digital and we enjoyed both audio also video.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank BALASHOTELREVIEW
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Bad AC”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Very bad air conditioning when we visited last time and decided that should be the LAST time too for watching movies @ iNOX!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Vimprash
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Horrible audio and video quality!”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I had watched Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 in INOX theatres in chennai on 23rd November 2012. Previously I had been going to sathyam cinemas for the past few years and also PVR cinemas once or twice. This is the first time in years that I had been to INOX. I must say that my experience was absolutely dissapointing.

The video quality was comparable to a cheap phone camera. It felt more like a 1990s movie than a 2012 movie. Moreover the sound quality was absolutely hurtful to my ears! The sound was kept at a low volume and was extremely harsh sounding. I honestly felt I could get better sound quality from cheap roadside speakers. I could barely hear the conversations and the voice of the characters ended with harsh notes which made it hurtful to my ears. I felt that I did not get my money's worth. INOX should reduce their ticket fee to Rs.50 for it to be reasonable.

Th food quality was decent but not as good as sathyam or PVR food. The toilets also were decent. But the horrible movie experience is enough to keep me away from INOX until they change their video and audio systems.

Visited November 2012