The Lotus Apartment Hotel - Venkatraman Street
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$170
US$166
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$179
US$221
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$113
Trident, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$145
US$122
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$119
US$114
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
US$85
US$61
Agoda.com
The Accord Metropolitan(Chennai (Madras))
US$78
US$75
Hotels.com
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
US$86
US$74
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
US$171
US$76
All reviewst nagarclean apartmentquiet locationvalue for moneyother hotelsonline bookingwifi connectionin houseneeds improvementbooked this hotel3nightspropertynoisechennaifixtureskettlerequirements
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were a large group in Chennai for a wedding, so we booked a number of rooms in what I'm sure was a very complicated order. I didn't make the reservation, I just showed up and tried to deal with the confusion... they kept shuffling us around and it got very confusing, and they ended up charging me extra for one night (not sure why).
This problem was specific to our situation, but the miscommunication is not. Our group and the staff definitely had some problems understanding each other, on multiple occasions. But given the average English proficiency of the area, I'd say it was definitely not as bad as it could have been, and the staff was polite through it all and tried to be helpful. I'm still giving 5 stars because the rooms and lobby were clean and quite nice (I stayed in both a single and a double, thanks to all the shuffling), air conditioner worked, and the breakfast was fairly good- mostly (South) Indian, a bit light on Western fare. They give a bottle of water every day. Hair dryer available on request.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank C0rnMuffin
gm123345, General Manager at The Lotus Apartment Hotel - Venkatraman Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2015

Greetings from The Lotus serviced apartments. Thank you for staying with us. We value your valuable comments. We will act upon it.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I was travelling to India beginning with Chennai, the service at The Lotus was excellent, the team was helpful, the Chennai 24 - Restaurant name - staff was good - Esp.. Mr. Elmer & Mr.Bike & had a good south Indian tea. Mr.Santhosh, Mr.Srinivas,Mr.Dharsan,Ms.Indumathi were helpful all the ways.I was at Kanchipuram , Mahabalipuram, tiruvanamalai had a good trip to there. Finally after Chennai trip goes to Pondicherry to visit Auroville. The driver tuk - tuk driver was very vey helpful.I am healthy with Chennai.The Chennai food made me happy.

Room Tip: Higher floors were more quiet,& as a single lady I prefer a standard room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed at Lotus again, and this time I needed plenty of rest after each long day, The Lotus was perfect as it was away from traffic, no honk etc. Sleep was great. Rooms were good as usual. I stayed in both Single and double this time.
The restaurant had a new manager, and a lot of new initiatives including readyness to serve lunch after 3.30pm when I came back late one of the days.
The staff were pleasant as usual.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights, rooms were good but basic. Location was very good but their travel service was expensive in comparison to rates offered by others, they did not have any smoking rooms. They need to control the mosquito problem.

We had a good comfortable stay but still feel the can improve.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 January 2013

This was my second stay in this Hotel based on the excellent experience I had during my first stay. I was utterly disappointed this time.
1. The service was pathetic. I had to call room service couple of times and then remind reception before I could be attended to.
2. There was no cable TV. Tata Sky was just being installed during my stay and even after installation I couldnt watch basic Channels like Colors or any of the music channels as they were not subscribed to.
3. There was so much noise in the corridors and it was just impossible to get a peaceful sleep.
4. I am sure I will not be staying there during my next visit to Chennai.

Room Tip: During my both stays I was given a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business