“Very good hotel”

The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai
Ranked #13 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed at Raintree hotel during abusiness trip, this is good hotel location while good not far from airport. Rooms are spacious, and clean, staff is friendly, Indian food restaurant at the top is excellent. We got very good food there. During my visit there was IPL final match going on in Chennai with local team playing the same, hotel had arranges a big screen on the terrace where many of the CSK fans were enjoing the match.
Overall a good hotel with the price you spend.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Vanakkam!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Overall Good Experience. Excellent food and breakfast. Roof top hotel is an added attraction. Neatly maintained. Friendly staff. In good location. Good business and family hotel. Value for money. Appropriately priced. No negatives worth mentioning

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I use to travel to Chennai for business ,atleast once every six months .I stayed in May and November 2012 last time. Raintree Annasalai is a nice hotel and i can say this from my own experience , i choose to stay in this hotel only because it's near to the Airport ,great & convinient room facilities, and not to forget the soothing rooftop Bar & restraunt.
I also had my German colleague with me who also stays in same hotel everytime he visits India for business , infact i recommended this hotel to him & he liked it a lot ,specially the rooftop restraunt .
earlier i tried other hotels in Chennai but for a reason or other i din't like them.
i need to travel extensively by car once in Chennai , and usually it's around 10
pm while returning to hotel after a hard day's work .the only grudge i have is that bar and restraunt close too early for me,it must be opened atleast till 12.00 midnight ,to relax and enjoy the stay fully.
but except this a nice convinient hotel to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Vanakkam!!!

Our bar closing time is 12 mid night, as per our permissible time frame from the local authority. Unfortunately this is the time frame we need to operate, unless their is further relaxation from the authorities going forward.

Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

It was my first visit to Raintree and I was pleasantly surprised with the place. The rooms are well air conditioned and very comfortable. Chennai has a mosquito problem. But did not find any in the place. A road separates Apollo Speciality Hospital and Raintree. Families who came to the hospital for treatment take up a room here due to its proximity. Food is really good. Good mix of veg and non-veg available in different cuisines. You could spot the Mozart from Madras - A R Rahaman. A waiter tells me it's his favourite place for dinner.

Raintree is comparable with most star hotels and does not disappoint you.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed 15 January 2013

The title says it all, this one is next level.
I indulged myself with one of the suites on the 8th floor, and it was probably one of the coolest places i've ever even been, let alone stayed in. The view was fantastic, the service was amazing and the commitment to eco friendly technologies and practices really makes a difference.
The rooms are so sharp and sleek you could cut your eyes on them, and there's one remote control for everything, yep thats right.
The staff member who got me the room was the slickest hotelier i've ever met, you could tell he loved his job just from the way he carried himself. I had originally planned to stay in the older branch in Mylapore, but they had no suites available so i was sent to meet this specific member of staff, and man did he deliver.
The best bit...
The rooftop bar, easily THE place to drink in chennai, the views are beyond belief and the guys behind the bar know their way around a daiquiri like some of the best in the world, cannot big this place up enough.
My only gripe, however, is that my friend was asked to leave after a certain time, which i think if you're paying around 500us a night, is a bit pushy.
Nonetheless, just go there, really.

Room Tip: Get one on a high floor, just for the views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed at The RainTree Hotel Anna Salai for 2 nights just after Christmas 2012. After a long day of travel from the US, it was the perfect place to rest and relax before my travels ahead. I booked through Expedia and got a complimentary airport transfer to the hotel. The hotel sent someone to the airport, and it was very convenient to find them and get to the hotel, plus the van was super air conditioned with cold bottled water. The food options are good - they have a great buffet breakfast (indian and western food options). There is another more formal restaurant and bar, but I didn't think the food options or ambiance were all that great. The pool area is nice but a bit windy when I was there.

One area that made this a 4 star review instead of 5 star - there was a slight mix up with my Expedia reservation, and they wanted to charge me for the nights I had already prepaid as well as my free airport transfer. however, they were gracious and worked through it with me. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Located in the prime area of Chennai, hotel is close to marina beach and shopping prominent centers. Soft decor of rooms is soothing However, the view outside is not pleasing. With metro work going on just on the approach road to hotel, traffic congestion is a perennial problem. . Biggest plus point is very caring and helpful staff.
Swimming pool is very small and only four feet deep. I was informed by swimming coach that this is so due to govt regulation and that all hotels in Chennai have similar depth of pool.
Breakfast buffet is well laid with waiters eager to execute your special orders. Surprisingly, in dinner buffet, variety of non-veg fare is much more than vegetarian dishes.
Overall, a business like hotel with caring staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business