“Lot of life!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Chennai

Hyatt Regency Chennai
Ranked #32 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru, India
“Lot of life!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Enjoyed staying in this property for a day with family. A very nice hotel though it doesn't look the same outside. Stayed on the 7th floor in a beautiful room with great view and space. Great food in their Chinese restaurant but thought food and service in their Indian restaurant needs improvement. Linked to a mall which could be some passtime during the evening but outside location wasn't very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HPTC
ShubhamChandra, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hyatt Regency Chennai, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed the stay with your family. We have made note of your feedback about the Indian restaurant and shall ensure you have a splendid experience during your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Thank You once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Location - Mount Road, Cant beat it.

Checkin - Effecient, Warm [with a room upgrade to boot]

Luggage - Someone forgot to send it up to our room. And it took multiple reminders for it to finally get to our room

Room - Pretty nice. Sore points - The shower stalls needed a good scrub. The joints had black stains from water, soap and other grime! Pretty gross for a Hyatt. I would say that housekeeping - maintenance of bathrooms is poor.

Restaurant - We went for the Sunday brunch. Food was nice. But, the service was disappointing. We never got several of orders from the live counters. They were just overwhelmed with a half full restaurant.

Valet - Attentive and helpful. But, there could be a delay of 15+ minutes to fetch your car. I would recommend self parking if you are staying in the hotel and have to take your car out several times.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. it is our constant endeavor to exceed the expectations of our guests on each visit and we believe your next visit shall be a more delightful one. We shall share your detailed feedback with our team to ensure necessary measures are taken in the requisite concern areas. Thank you once again.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Kuopio, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Wanted to have a handy central hotel to be able to go to the Music Academy as well as other cultural venues in Chennai during our 5-night stay. The reception staff were lovely and welcoming at all times, the Regency Club room (#815) good & spacious albeit with a humid and mouldy smell, the view towards the pool great and the breakfast downstairs good.

However, the housekeeping was absolutely strange: after cleaning our room there was something missing every day (on Sunday the towels, on Monday the toiletries, on Tuesday the toilet paper and tissue paper etc.) which made it quite frustrating really. Everything was provided after one-two phone calls but we refused to tip the housekeeping staff, because these simple amenities are just basic necessities in all five-star hotels. We do tip and do it regularly when travelling, but we felt there is no need to tip for incompetent service.

Upon check-out my VISA card was charged twice for the same sum and I'm in the process with the Hyatt as well as my bank to clarify this issue. After Hyatt Regency we moved to the Leela Palace in Chennai and that's another story - wow!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

At the outset Thank You for sharing your feedback with us as your valuable comments always help us improve and serve you better. We regret the inconvenience caused during your stay and will definitely take corrective measures to ensure your next stay is a delightful one. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here overnight as we had a slightly longer layover. Check-in was past midnight and it was smooth. Staff is friendly and efficient. The room was good sized and so was the bed. The bathroom had a weird design (we were on 7th floor). It had a bath tub and a separate shower area.

I used the fitness center and liked it. The spa also "looked and felt" nice. Didn't have time to use it.

There is some construction activity close to the hotel! Didn't bother us much though. There is a mall next door too.

I would not mind going back there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Chennai.

Thank You for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to Hyatt Regency Chennai. Thank You
Riihimaki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I usually do not stay at Hyatt but in this case our company had decided to try it. Rooms were spacious and I had very nice view to the pool. The air conditioning was sometimes struggling to keep the air dry and quite of then the result was cool but bit damp air in the room.

I tried the restaurants in the hotel and all of them provided excellent meals. On the other hand in the breakfast I was sometimes struggling to get coffee into my table, something which I expect to happen more or less immediately when I sit down but in several mornings it tooks 10+ minutes to finally have it. Small detail but at I am cranky until I get my first cup of coffee.

I had arranged my own transportations and I had driver picking me up. One day I was called into my room and told that the hotel transport is waiting for me, apparently they were somehow mixed me into someone else and they did not know how was actually needing the transport, I hope that he got his ride. Small details like this give feeling that the staff is lacking attention for details, generally speaking the service is good.

I have bit of mixed feelings, the visit was nice but I will probably ask my company to use our regular hotels next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Chennai

Thank you for your detailed feedback and we regret the inconvenience caused to you. It is our constant endeavor to ensure each of our valued guests have a delightful stay and we shall share the feedback and ensure corrective measures are implemented on the same. We look forward to welcoming you again to Hyatt Regency Chennai and offer you our authentic hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you again soon Thank you
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have spent about 4 days in two trips in this hotel. the service has been great at the club lounge. I am partial to lounge access in hyatt since they believe in serving great coffee , healthy snacks and good wine as part of the deal unlike what I have previously experienced at other star hotels.
the service at the front desk level is not necessarily consistent. the road in front of the hotel is busy since some time thanks to metro work being done . so the traffic snarls can be a pain.However the proximity to main Pondy bazaar shopping district also is a plus point in this hotel.

Room Tip: find a room on the high floor and pay the extra for club access
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shubham365, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hyatt Regency Chennai, responded to this review, 14 December 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Chennai.

Thank you for your time and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

We are excited to know that you liked our hotel, services, food and wine quality at the Regency club lounge, our endeavor is always to provide best quality to our guests and thanks for recognizing.

We have made a note of your feedback on our delivery of service at Front Desk and would ensure proper training on consistency as you mentioned.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Once again thank you.

Best regards

Shubham Chandra
Director of Sales & Marketing
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

as in good part. Room were well equipped and spacious. But there were some disappointment with respect to room and restaurant service. I stayed in Room no:910 and the shower on my last day had red colored water with red sand in it? I still have photos of the same. On day One floor towel was missing . On day 2 hand towels were not there and on day 3 my medicine bottle was missing which I was sure that room cleaning lady must have broken it and thrown it away. On day 2 when I went to bar I sat there for 15 minutes and no waiter even came to me with a menu. Even though bar was not full at all. Breakfast buffet was not at all 5 start standard. I can get same variety in a 3 start hotel. Overall I am not looking forward to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Chennai.

Thank you for taking time out and giving us your value able feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not good and have taken all the points you mentioned to improve upon. We assure you that we have taken this with utmost seriousness and shall correct them.

We sincerely request you to treat this experience in isolation and give us another chance to show case true Hyatt hospitality. Please do let me know about your future visit at shubham.chandra@hyatt.com. I would like to meet you as well.

Best regards