“Good service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden
Pune
“Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

First of all I think there should be an option of 'Good' after 'Average'. After 'Average' is 'Very good'. Is Trip Advisor listening?

We chose 'Wallace Gardens' after having stayed in 'Poes Garden' because our place of work was closer. Comparing the two, Poes Garden was much cleaner and had a more aesthetic look but in terms of location, I liked this one better because it had a lot of restaurants and shopping places within walking distance.

Breakfast was as good but there was no 'lawn' sit-out.

Room service was very good. Staff was always ready to help in any way.

Room also had good internet connectivity which made me very happy.

Would go there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HRResidences, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy that you were able to experience and enjoy our hospitality in both our properties. It is encouraging to see that you were happy with our service. I thank you for endorsing us.

Nirupama Reddy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Seremban, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I visited Chennai in October to seek treatment for my wife. I selected Hanu Reddy in Wallace Road for the convenience of being in the city. It was all that i hoped for and more than I expected. The room was large and the heater in the bathroom worked well. The morning breakfast was healthy, hygienic and filling. The facilities for Internet was in another building but available whenever I needed it.
Although we were in the city , it wasn't dusty or noisy. In fact it was very quiet and there was someone always on duty in case we needed anything. The taxi service they called was excellent and very reliable. We used the taxi for 5 days and were well satisfied with the level of courtesy, promptness and honesty of the driver.
We were well treated and satisfied with the level of service, and plan to return again very soon.
The only complaint was that the TV did not function well and could not not give a clear channel. BUt we were too tired at the end of the day to mind.
A really great place to stay.
Staff were really helpful.
Pravin Dev

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I apologise for the problem with the TV and have made sure that it has been rectified. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Ernakulam, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

The highlight of our stay at Wallace Garden property (15.11.2013 to 24.11.2013) is the excellent and committed service to the guests by the whole team led by Shri Ramesh Babu. At the Reception, solutions were offered to all our needs within the Property and in the City outside. The food served at the Dining was very tasty and the service was very courteous.

We will choose the same place for next visit to Chennai.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HRResidences, Chief Operating officer at Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation for Ramesh and our entire staff. I will ensure that they get their dues. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I chose this guest house on the basis of reviews I had read on the internet and it proved to be exactly what I wanted - a pleasant, quiet and homely place in a good location. It is run by exceptionally friendly staff. I was in Chennai for the first time and was constantly asking their advice and they were always helpful and resourceful, bending over backwards to make my stay a pleasant one. I initially stayed there for one week but then returned to the guest house whenever I was in Chennai over the month as it had come to feel like home.This is not a place for people who want gold taps, marble and the standard luxury of the 5 star hotel. The rooms are relatively simple but they are spacious, quiet and kept immaculately clean. Chennai's traffic is formidable in terms of noise, pollution and congestion, so having a quiet place to retreat is invaluable. The area is pleasant and within easy access of the bustle of Greams road where there are several cheap eating joints and the quiet upmarket restaurants of Nungambakkam.

A special thanks to Ranjan who helped me throughout my stay and to Niranjan for his particularly delicious uttapams, sambha and cocoanut chutney which became my regular breakfast. Thanks also to all those who man the desk for their special Indian welcome. This is certainly a place to which I will return in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HanuReddy, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Guest

It is very gratifying to read your review and to know that Hanu Reddy Residences lived upto your expectations. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with excellent service and the warmth of home. I will convey your appreciation to our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you!

Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Me, my wife and my son 2 years old stayed here in this property from Nov 3rd for 2 days. And we like to share our experience here... Excellent ambiance with calm and cool as like our Home, Friendly staff assisting with every aspect. Spacious rooms and especially neat and clean. Little more option in Break Fast menu can be impressive. My son enjoyed playing in the garden too. Not too expensive to be afforded that too located in the heart of the city Nungambakkam.

Room Tip: Good to go for Deluxe Room for a small family.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HRResidences, Chief Operating officer at Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear Guest

I am happy that you and your family felt at home in Hanu Reddy Residences. thank you for recommending us and I will try to give more options on our breakfast menu.

Moline, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me and my father came to chennai for visa interview and we stayed in Hannu Reddy for 2 days. It was a very good stay. The staffs helped us a lot. Since I was coming first time in Chennai I was not having any idea how to reach there. So before coming I called them and asked. They explained me very well, how to reach from railway station to the place, how much should we give for the auto(because chennai autos will ask the rate just like anything) and messaged me the full address, immediate contact no. and landmark. They served very good breakfast and lunch even though they don't serve there, they arranged from outside. Location wise easily accessible. Everything was neat and maintained. A good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you like your stay with us and enjoyed our services. we hope to see you again.

Abuja
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My daughter and I were at Hanu Reddy from 13th October to 28th October 2013. Easy and quick check in, comfortable, good sized rooms, clean bathrooms, wonderful staff. They were all friendly and ready to assist in any way. I must make special mention of Ranjan and Amar in particular, who went over and above the call of duty to help in the internal movements of my daughter who was recuperating from surgery at the nearby Apollo Hospital.

The location is within easy reach of restaurants and shops, and it was very convenient to order in take-always from the several multi-cuisine restaurants and pizza chains (Domino's, PizzaHut) around.

Little things that matter like free wifi and tea making facilities in the rooms were readily available.

I believe the fact that we are repeat customers, having stayed in the Presidential Suite upstairs when 4 of us stayed there in December 2012/January 2013 attests to our satisfaction with the services offered.

The only minus is that the towels seem to have seen better days and are due for replacement.

On the whole I would highly recommend this guest house to visitors to Chennai.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I thank you for your words of appreciation for Hanu Reddy Residences. I am happy that our staff went above their call of duty to help you. I will convey your appreciation to them. I will look into the suggestion about the bath linen and take necessary action to replace them immediately.