“5 star treatment at 3 star prices”
Review of Ginger Chennai

Ginger Chennai
Ranked #83 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“5 star treatment at 3 star prices”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed at Ginger Vadapalani for 4 nights from december 9 to 13. The entire experience was extremely pleasant. Though we booked on the phone just half an hour before checking in, we were given a decent large clean and airy room. Everything worked. Everyone worked. I never saw the staff relaxing. Every little request was granted with genuine warmth and smiles. For the price one pays, I feel we got more than value for money. It is ridiculous to expect 5 star amenities at 3 star prices but even then the entire staff goes out of its way to make you comfortable.I will not only stay here again, i will now visit only Ginger if it is available in the city i am travelling to. I thank all the boys for making our trip happy and memorable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Chennai, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback & words of appreciation.

We at Ginger Hotels will continue to maintain our standards to enhance the overall experience of our valuable guests.

It was a great pleasure having you to stay with us at Ginger Hotel.

Looking forward to your continued association with us.

Ginger Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here as part of my business trip and found the hotel disastrous. While checking in , I saw a guest shouting as his room A/C wasn't working and the staff was making fun of him at the back. He ensured me that the problem was isolated to that particular room and once I checked in my room, I saw problem with the A/C in my room as well. But the technical staff never came in time and I had to get adjusted with the Fan. The room size , decor all standard as other ginger, but the cleanliness and the service was poor.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RanjithTN
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Chennai, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Mr. Ranjith,

Greetings from Ginger Hotel - Chennai.

Thank you for the feedback. I am indeed disturbed to learn about your experience at Ginger Chennai. I would like to inform you that we have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same. I have briefed the Front Office team to initiate corrective actions on the Issues mentioned.

It is through such valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and may I assure you that I am personally taking care of the points which you have explained. Please be informed that we have done the root cause analysis and assure such lapse will not occur in future.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Ginger Hotels for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

Once again we thank you for your valuable feedback & suggestions. You will experience a marked difference in the quality & service with regards to of our F&B offerings, cleanliness, electronic gadgets etc. during your next visit.

Looking forward to your continued association with us and I assure you that your next visit at Ginger will be a pleasant one.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 October 2013

1. Location: Out skirts. Only good for people who have some work in nearby locations. Else it's highly avoidable. Better go for Ginger Vadapalani.
2. Breakfast: No complimentary breakfast!! I paid 3k for a room and you can't offer complimentary breakfast!! You need to learn from the competition.
3. Rooms: Too small and not comfy. Next to my room there was a storeroom!! No view at all.. It was such a big big let down. Good thing was that I only went there back in night to sleep.
4. Food: No lunch service. You have to call nearby hotels for that. Really!!
5. Hotel surroundings: It is located on 11th floor of a big building and has 84 rooms. Too dense for a hotel and there is only 1 lift available. Only 1 lift!!
6. Bathrooms: Ok. Ok. No bathing kit. No dental kit.
7. Power cuts. Meter tripping. All happened.
8. Overall rating: 1/5

My last stay there for sure.

Room Tip: Look for rooms on the periphery, not the inside.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank anandp2011
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Chennai, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Mr. Anand,

I sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us. I note with deep regret that our services did not meet your expectation during your recent stay at Ginger Chennai - IITM. It has always been our endeavour to provide our guests with the best of services, but it was unfortunate that we were unable to match your expectations.

Your concern regarding the location, food and room size, has been taken up with the respective department heads for corrective actions. However, the toiletries provided in the bathroom are liquid soap for hand wash & bath as a standard practice. Also I have instructed the staff to be more proactive while dealing with guests' requirements. I would like to inform you that the room size is standard across all Ginger Hotels in India. Also we have Twin rooms available which are bigger in size, wherein they have two separate beds.

With regards to the frequent power cuts, it was due to some unexpected technical issues (MCB Power Failure) there were power failure issues which are fixed. I have personally briefed our technical team to be more proactive to solve the issues immediately, as well as to ensure routine check is done for rooms as the guests don’t face any such issues. We will take precautionary measurements for these types of technical issues further.

You will experience a marked difference in the quality of our F&B offerings, Service and Room during your next visit.

Looking forward to your continued association with us and I assure you that your next visit at Ginger will be pleasant one.

Best Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Bangalore, India
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Average Hotel, Economically priced but I know of better deals In chennai at same cost.
Rooms are neat but Food Is a major issue, if you are late to hotel you may need to skip the meal or be ready for a good walk to nearest eatery.

So if only there is no vacancy in other hotels of similar budget then only go for it else look for better deals.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr.Rohit

Greetings from Ginger Chennai!!!

Thank you for the feedback. I am indeed disturbed to learn about your experience at Ginger Chennai. I would like to inform you that we have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same. I have briefed the team to initiate corrective actions on the Issues mentioned.

It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and may I assure you that I am personally taking care of the points which you have explained. Please be informed that we have done the root cause analysis and assure such lapse will not be occurring in the future.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Ginger Chennai for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

I would like to request you to please accommodate our request of having you with us wherein my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate corrective actions and re-establish our credibility with you.

We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback as it assists us in improving further. We assure you of the best of our services in future.

Vadodara, India
Reviewed 17 August 2013

As usual, it has everything we expect from Ginger group. It is hassle free hotel with all basic facilities. Previously also, we had good experience with Ginger at Rail Yatri Niwas, Delhi few years back.
Few of the rooms are smaller, but neat and clean, well maintained rooms. The usual stinking in hotel rooms is not there. The staff is cordial and always ready to help out of the way. View from our room was excellent. Gymnasium and room for Ironing cloths are well maintained. First aid box was having a good collection of required medicines. Wi fi facility was working well. They have two computers with internet facility for guests in waiting area.
First impression of the hotel was not good as the there is no signboard of hotel even in the complex where hotel is (against the picture shown in website). As usual, we were expecting a separate hotel building but it was in a complex. But once we reached 11th floor of the complex(where the hotel is), we were glad to experience the vast area, good ambiance and homely welcome. Many times the staff makes guests unhappy just for an extra towel which is the basic requirement, but we were happy not to face such small problems.
I was not happy with the travel desk as it was much costlier than fast track taxi services, so we preferred to call them.
Despite our stay for 6 days, we were not at all unhappy for a single moment at Hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bhavesh2013
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have stayed in similar or lower budget hotels before and they are far better in hospitality and services. First of all, there is no inhouse restaurant; there is a 7 to 11 room service for dinner with only 1 or 2 choices plus ordering a pizza is much faster.
Everything you ask for takes more than 3 reminders and 30 minutes; be it a waterbottle or simple dinner. I am sure with the low budget they have there is much more that can be provided.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Try this hotel only if you are on a business visit and you just need a place to keep your bags somewhere until you get back.

The hotel does not provide you extra bottle of mineral water. When I asked for water they said there is a facility room and you can get water from bubble top. But yeah the facility room has bubble top/iron and

The food court in the ground floor is completely useless. you get nothing to eat there. Visit the food court only if you are dying out of hunger and want to grab some muffin/ sandwich. The coffees hop is the only outlet which serves you food. The other outlets in the food court are not operational.

The staff are not friendly either.

Suggestion: Visit only if you want a wash and change room near IT Hubs and expect nothing more.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo