“Happy to Leave the Place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chennai (Madras)
Se-Sa Service Apartments
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stay in Chennai and checked into Se Sa service apartments as there was some maintenance work going on at my house. Me and my wife checked into this place after a reservation made over the phone.

First thing about this place is that approach road is a bit narrow and full of automobile repair shops. The fact that may vehicles were parked on this road didn't help either. When we first came here, we couldn't locate any security guard or anyone who could help us find the reception. After a wait for about 5 minutes, some one entering this place told us to dial '9' on a phone placed near the gate, and finally we had to go the 2nd floor to meet the guy at the reception. Being a young couple, he was looking suspiciously at us wondering whether my partner was really my wife. We were offended by this, but preferred to remain quiet..

The hall was clean and TV (a real old one) had most of the channels. The kitchen had utensils, utilities and a gas stove...But NO gas cylinder (Another major disappointment). the rest room was decent, but no towels or toiletries were provided. When in the bedroom, we turned on the AC and hit the bed. I noticed something poking me on the bed. When I took a closer look, I found a condom box that was stuck between the two beds. (Now I realize why he was looking suspiciously, Probably because of the kind of people who come there). While checking out, we told the same person about the lack of towels,soap and other amenities including gas and he mentioned that we should have told him and he would have provided it. Also for the Gas Cylinder he said that people who stay for a short while don't cook, so it is not provided by default.

Overall, I was happy to leave the place and head back home the next night.

Room Tip: Ask the folks in the reception for towels, toiletries and a Gas Cylinder. Otherwise you will never g...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harish C
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We visited Chennai and we were booked at this place by one of our acquaintance. We reached the guest house around 8 in the evening and the first thing which was a total turn off was the appraoch.
There is a narrow road from the main road (its on the famous ECR road though) which takes you to this place, with automobile repairing shops on both sides.I leave it to your imagination the type of people you shall encounter while crossing the narrow lane (though a short one).

If that is not enough, you have loads of garbage and pot holes to add to the glory. Well, that is government infrastructure and a guest house owner can do only as much to improve the conditon, was what we told ourselves before we finally reached the place. Then started the misery as we were unfortunate to have met their manager called Murugan who was on night duty that evening.

Upon finishing the entry formalities, I was told that I have to pay the entire stay money then and there itslef along with some additional deposit of a few thousand bucks, and if I pay by credit card, then I will be charged additional.

As I was not carrying that much cash with me I requested that I am paying for one day stay now and the rest first thing in the morning as I am extremely tired and have been travelling the entire day. Moreover kids were cranky and going to the ATM now, crossing all that filth and garbage was the last thing you would want. After a lot of requests he very reluctantly obliged !!

Then came another blow when I was told that there are no helpers / porters and i need to carry my luggage to the third floor all by myself. Being a cronic sufferer of back pain, it was out of question for me to do it ..... Finally our man agreed to help .... The accomodation / rooms considered in isolation, is not that bad and manageable with a very small bed room (just enough for a double bed), a bath room (no health fossets in the toilet mind it !!) and a small kitchen with basic cooking utensils.

The linens and towels were not upto the mark and there was a terrible resistance to give even the bed sheets and towels !!!!

We were charged more as comapared to what we were told, while the booking was done, which was quite unethical. The next morning the other manager (Mr Ganesan) if i remember correct was on duty and he was a fine gentleman.

He helped us out with the concerns and was quite cordial. While checking out, to our ill fate again Murugan was on duty and he left no stone unturned to ensure that the check out was more messier than the check in. Finally i asked for the owners number to complain to which i was told that owners wife is unwell and hence he cannot be contacted. I was handed over a card, but with the restrictions imposed, it was hardly of any use !!

More than the place, the attitude of the Manager was repulsive. Such people are a total misfit in the service industry and they are quite capable of ruining ones vacation just by their attitude.

There is no cafeteria / room service there / restaurant and one needs to go out to the main road for the same. However if you order from a menu card kept in the room they say they they can arrange for room service (from one of the hotels outiside i guess) but we didnt have the courage for experimentation and neither did we have the deisre to interact again with Murugan and hence did not try that option at all. There are a few eating joints outside and hence food was not an issue.

Stayed there for 2 days and were glad to more out from there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family