“worst management”
Review of Hotel Royal Park

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chennai (Madras)
Hotel Royal Park
Ranked #275 of 407 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Good accommodation but worst people to deal. They do not have manners. The front office people are very unprofessional including the manager. Complaints are not attended. The food is the worst. The only advantage of this hotel is location. As I was on my medical treatment to Apollo Hospital so have to stay or would never just to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank albrt
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Rooms and washrooms are clean, staff is courteous if not very efficient, Manager is very helpful person and the restaurant next door serves some amazing food (though the prices are bit on the higher side); what else do u need from a business hotel.

oh yes, the location... very close to the business center of Chennai. So scores on that front too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Ankush S
Reviewed 30 November 2011

In June 2011, I had to travel on a business trip to Chennai, the Indian headquarters of my company. One of our biggest overseas customers was sending a senior executive to visit our India development team and as the solution/project manager, I needed to be leading the meetings. Since the meeting was scheduled to start in the last week, I decided to take my wife along with the intention of visiting Tirupati the weekend before.

I had lived in Chennai for 2 years so I was aware that most hotels around the office would be too expensive for my personal purpose. That's when my company's travel desk assured me they would book me into the newly opened Royal Park, which I found is actually part of a large group of hotels. The rate turned out to be quite reasonable, but the rooms are small.

The double room was quite comfortable but small. The amenities were excellent with bed-side electronic touch control panels for the lights and the TV, 24 hrs hot water, cosy and relaxing beds, and wardrobe big enough for 2 people with even an electronic safe.

The problem lay with the speed and co-ordination of service and the near-absence of a restaurant. The smallest things took a long time coming and on the first weekday of my meetings, I found myself without proper breakfast despite 2-3 calls to the room service numbers and the front desk. And they nearly messed up the shirts sent for pressing. I only managed to keep my cool because the hotel is right next door to my office so I had time.

I guess the hotel was short-staffed since it had only opened in May. The manager admitted as much and did all he could. There was actually some work going on in some rooms. But you won't find a big language problem with the staff--they spoke passable English.

Since my visit was 6 months ago, I assume things have changed by now. It's a great location for a small hotel and good for short business stays. There are plenty of excellent specialty restaurants around the area so I recommend you try those instead of the hotel's own.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, and really there's no view around. But it's a quiet lane so noise is...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank bmwontheweb
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I went to Sankara Nethralaya JKCN Complex for my Lasik surgery and stayed in the hotel for a week. This is perhaps the closest hotel to the hospital and this was the only reason in selecting the hotel.
This is a very new property. The rooms are arranged in a decent way with the standard amenities like refrigerator, hair dryer, flat screen tv, electronic safety locker etc.The hotel staffs are also friendly and helpful.
The buffet breakfast is included in the tariff of the room. The selection of the food was good. But the quality of the food is not up to the mark. They need to concentrate on the restaurant and the quality of the foods that is being served.
I must mention that Mr. P Rao, the manager, was of a great help during my stay.
Wish you all the best for serving people in better way.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family