“Never stay in this resort!!!!Serious cheaters and pathetic accomodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chennai (Madras)
AOG Beach Villa and Resort
“Never stay in this resort!!!!Serious cheaters and pathetic accomodation”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We had a terrible experience checking into this hotel in Dec,2011 ...The rooms were stinking and very poorly maintained. Bathroom was veyr dirtly, flush not working..no toiletries..and the bed sheets were stinking too !!Tap was is 100% salt water and eyes would burn while washing the face !Staff was very scary looking fellows and not courteous.the guy who runs the place is a CON!! We vacated within 2-3 hours after checking in and stayed in Accord international in T nagar which is an excellent place.AOG was not an option at all because primarily the poor conditions.& zero value for money ..secondly a cyclone was expected to hit Chennai coast few hours later and it was a scary place to stay in such situation. We just had dinner and paid the food bills and tipped the waiters generously.The manager-owner -same person ,promised to refund the money once 'agoda.com' pays him.Infact we had done the booking via 'agoda.com'..He never returned the money even after we calling him and mailing atleast 10 times!!! Overall a very bad hotel and not a choice even if you are left with no other option

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank pkbangalore

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chennai
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The property itself is a spacious one but situated on a beach filled with wastes. You can enjoy the sea view sitting in your room but cannot walk on the beach as a slum area is just next door and the beach is not well kept. They have a good restuarant serving dinner and lunch. Breakfast is served in the room either Indian( 2 dishes and coffee) or Continental( Bread, jam, butter, bottled juice and coffee)

The artifacts displayed on the dining room are worth a watch.Really appreciable. Away from pollution and city humdrums, the place is ok to stay.

The staff headed by one Mr John are courteous and respond to your requests readily.

Room Tip: Choose first floor rooms for a good view of the sea.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rbdasan
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Pity there is no -5, because they would have got that.Firstly i was travelling with my 4yrs old daughter and and a pensioner the treatment i got, was despicable.
Here is the list of things i experienced:
1. I made arrangements prior to the arrival to have an extra bed, when i got there there was no such thing, they did not have any info and luckily i carried the email communication, because head office did not tell them of my arrangement. I paid for a bed they wanted to give me a mattress n the floor, i complained, they put us in a room.
2. They claim it was *4, it was more like -1*.
3. they never came to clean the room, the toilets stinked.
4. the restaurant did not even have bread for breakfast.
5. The A/C was not working in the restuarant.
6. There was a coackrach the size of a lizard living under the bed in room my mother-in-kaw slept in.
7. The A/C in her room was not working.
8. Except for the young guy, that helps, the staff was unfriendly, not helpful and unwelcoming.
9. They has had a kettle in the room, but no coffee, when i asked them, they charged me when i left as room service, i don't mind making my own coffee if they had any.
10. The pictures and the rooms, don't match, those pictures.
11. I was there for three days and not once did they come in to clean the room or the toilet.
I will not recommend this hotel to anyone, ever. I am a foreigner and the more foreigners visit the more money comes into the country, i think they should get that right and work on that.
Rgds
Extremely, utterly dissapointed, feel like i wasted my money, visitor.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JiniReddy

Travellers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Pros
I choose this place to start my 3 weeks royal Enfield in India and wanted by the sea outside town room. This was perfect! Quiet with sea view, large room etc

The older guy keeping the place is very sweet and helpful and speaks perfect English.

Cons
It took me forever to get from central chennai on the bike!

The lady owner speaks great English but wasn't too friendly or pleasant. I was missing rs. 6 for the total bill (of rs5000) and she looked at me and sais 'so what are we going to do about it', I couldn't believe my ears'!

Spending 3 weeks in hotels and inns around the south this is over priced for what it is!

The charged me double for taxi from airport (rs. 750 instead of rs.400 I was told at the airport)

Breakfast was the minimum they can give you for what they can get by.

Overall
It was my first day in India so I enjoyed the expirence but the lady owner should change her overall attitude and approach.

• Stayed March 2012
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This place is deplorable. Apart from the unfriendly staff, the amenities are terrible and the sense of isolation is palpable. the beach is filthy. I had to ask to have the sheets put on the bed, the ones on the bed were very dirty. The restaurant was closed, the bar was closed. There was mold growing in the cabinets. The pool had frogs swimming in it. The tub was full of debris, leaves and I dont know what else. There was no internet, we were told even the hotel staff could not use the internet as it was out. The stairs to the second floor were wet and very slippery. We shared our room with a gecko that chirped all night. There were mosquitos in the room with us and we had to cover ourselves with Deet to sleep. Even though I had paid for several nights before we got there, we packed up and left the next morning and paid for another hotel in Chennai.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple