“Amazing service!”

Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre
Ranked #27 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Nairobi
“Amazing service!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed for a week and was met by a team of staff who are willing to go out of their way to make everything possible and comfortable.
Traffic is not as bad but the taxi service from the hotel is overly expensive. Try other local cab companies if you must use a cab.
There are several malls around the hotel and its generally safe.
Meet the Oasis Staff - they are the most friendly and accommodating!!
The showers are walk in, no bath tubs
in general - based on Indian standards - this is a hotel i will definitely return to

Room Tip: please ask for rooms on higher floors and if you can afford - move to the business suites
1 Thank bagengo
RadissonBluCCChennai, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is our constant endeavour to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu City Center. Looking forward to welcoming you back - Pankaj Katyal - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
India
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on work.
Selected this hotel because we were taking interviews and it was easy for everyone to reach. I was told that this is pretty much City Centre. It does become difficult to reach here because of traffic situation but that goes for any city centre hotel.
Reception staff was attentive and quick enough to check us in within 5 minutes.
Room size: probably the biggest I have seen in any Radisson Blu. We were in the business category room and it came with a writing desk etc and a walk in wardrobe.
Bathrooms were very well furnished and had all the amenities that one would need on a business visit.
I didn't use the gym but it looked very well equipped. Will make sure I use it on my next visit.
Breakfast next day was simply amazing. It had a huge spread consisting of your typical fruits, juices, cold cuts, cheese, tea, coffee and also included hot dishes from both North India (parathas, poori bhaji etc) and South India (Live dosa counter, idli, vada, utthapam etc). I had my fill of the same as I was going to be on the road for the remaining day.
The Hotel also has Kebab factory (a speciality restaurant of Radisson in India where they serve unlimited kebabs and main course). I didn't try the same as I had other dinner plans.
Value for money: Yes for sure.
Will I go again: Yes, on my next business trip... I don't mind staying here again.
What I didn't like: Too many mosquitoes in the tea lounge (near reception) and it was just so difficult to sit there and have a conversation. Also, the hotel is opposite an open drain so you can imagine the stench at the main porch. But once you are inside, it's all good.
What I liked: Breakfast and gym
What I loved: Room size.

Overall, a pleasant short stay.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are good. Otherwise, you will end up facing the open drain and that's not a pl...
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights , the hotel is nice , but the location next to sewage channel was unwise choice I think .The staff are hospitable and helping , the room is well equiped , and the wifi works in a good way . the breakfast was a joy and delicious and the Oasis staff are hospitable ( thanks to all of them ) , but please pay attention to the white sugar small packs , i think there is a problem of humidity with them .
The only unpleasant event is that the booking was online and it was for 2 persons , yet at the checkout we had to pay for the breakfast of one of us ( they said its not included ) , I think there was a problem in the cashier , because we had to catch the flight , we paid and left .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank myself20132013
Dear Sir, Thanks for your feedback. We regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at Radisson Blu Chennai City Center. Will look into your feedback and correct those points mentioned. I assure you that you will have more memorable stay during your next visit - Pankaj Katyal, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here for 12 nights on a business trip, thoroughly enjoyed it and would be happy to go back. I was upgraded to a business class room which was very comfortable, with a great walk-in shower, good tv channels and a very comfy bed. The free wifi was excellent and worked throughout the hotel without a problem.

Probably the best part about the hotel was the choice of 3 restaurants. The Kabab factory was delicious and would be worth a visit even if you weren't staying at the hotel. I wasn't as impressed with the Japanese restaurant, it just wasn't that tasty. The main restaurant which also served breakfast did a great buffet with a good selection of meat or vegetarian dishes with some great desserts. Breakfast itself had a nice selection, with freshly made omelettes, dosa's, pancakes, juices, yoghurt's and plenty of other options

The service from all the staff in the hotel was amazing, some of the best I've experienced. Nothing was too much for them and they were happy to help. They'd be the main reason that would make me return next time I'm in Chennai

The only bad thing I'd say about the hotel would be the cost of the hotel car as its about 4 times more than a local (equally comfy and air-conditioned) cab which is a little excessive

Room Tip: Higher rooms or those facing the pool will be quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBluCCChennai, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights on the 29th Dec '12 and 31st Dec '12 whilst doing a tour of Chennai and Pondicherry. The hotel itself has the facilities you'd expect from one in its class, the rooms were spacious with modern amenities. The buffet breakfast had a decent range of choices with the food being of good quality. Our problem was with the staff: one our first morning there when heading to breakfast my mother and I both left our handbags in the room. We checked out shortly after breakfast, when we stopped for refreshments on the way to Pondicherry and realised we both had money missing: a total of Rs.1500. The only time the bags were out of our sight was when we left them unattended in the room as we headed for breakfast so obviously the money went missing then. As it was the first day our trip we had split our spending money between us and therefore knew exactly how much there should be. I appreciate we might have been a bit naive leaving our handbags unattended but you don't expect this kind of behaviour at a Radisson. We didn't want to return to the hotel on the 31st but at such short notice had little choice, when we got to our room we found a massive hairball stuck to the rug. I called room service to bring up a vacuum cleaner, a member of staff came up removed the hairball and wiped the carpet. I asked him again to bring a vacuum cleaner but he just ignored me and left. Moments later three staff members appeared to apologise, however they seemed far from sincere as they were giggling as they did so. After they left our room, we could hear them laughing in the corridor. Our room was left dirty with dustballs in the corners. At breakfast the following morning we noticed hoards of dead mosquitoes on the window ledges. Later at check out we complained about all listed above, we were met with a lame "sorry" no offer at compensation or more importantly no sincere apology. We paid in advance so why should they care?! I have never encountered such unprofessional behaviour and definitely will never return to this hotel. In addition, it has made me very wary of all other Radisson hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BChoudhury
Dear Sir, Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your visit to Radisson Blu Chennai City Center due the behaviour of my team members. I will look into the other aspects of service as well and will ensure that they are set right. Do give us another chance to serve you and its my promise that we will give you a memorable stay. Thank you for the valuable feedback - Pankaj Katyal, General Manager
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Brilliant hotel, excellent staff, great food, hard to complain!! There was one negative comment but I hope no one else suffers the same treatment.

We stayed here for one night and were treated to early check in straight away.

We stayed in a business room and were very pleased at how nice it was. The rooms are ultra modern and very clean.

Staff in the hotel are very friendly. The gym and massage centre are great! Restaurants are fantastic.

WIFI is the fastest in India!

THE ONLY DOWNSIDE

The only down side I experienced was during stay was the airport drop off. The price of using the hotels car is obviously more expensive than a local cab but is supposed to include all charges (e.g. airport parking, tolls, etc). Upon drop off the driver insisted we had to pay for parking (135 Rupees), I told him that the hotel had told us it was all inclusive but he insisted. As its not a large amount I paid him 200 Rupees and he conveniently didn't have change. The amount of money wasn't the issue, the problem was his dishonesty and that his actions could have tarnished our impression of his hotel.

Furthermore I told the driver we were heading to the international terminal and that the location of my check in was upstairs even though he insisted it was downstairs. Which meant we had to drag two large suitcases around for 5 minutes until we reached the correct entrance. This was a great inconvenience.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again but would not use the airport pick up/drop off because of the driver we had that night.

Room Tip: Get a business room, don't use airport pick up/drop off
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluCCChennai, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is our constant endeavour to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu City Center. We have taken your feedback regarding the driver seriously and will take measures to ensure that this is not repeated again. Looking forward to welcoming you back - Pankaj Katyal - General Manager
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I spent 5 days (4 nights) at this hotel - and enjoyed every one of them. Convenient location - as mentioned by other reviewers, only 30 minutes (with decent traffic!) from the airport - and only 15 minutes from the core downtown areas of chennai. If you want to go explore - city, etc. is all in easy reach.

The standard room is one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in for the price paid - the Value-to-Price ratio is very good! Comfortable, nicely decorated, good bathroom, good facilities. Wifi reliable (and free if you are a resident!) and a pretty decent choice of TV channels - a nice surprise. Air Conditioning - vital, but easy to control....

Breakfast & meal services were nice and with plenty of choice - all tastes catered for - recommend trying some of the local breads - very nice and fresh.

Pleasant staff - all very polite - from front desk to back office - with particular comment to the business services staff - excellent customer care & service - nothing too much a problem (we ran a two day workshop in the hotel and they looked after us like 'family')

All in all - a very good experience. I'd recommend it - for business travelers particularly. If you're travelling as a family, you may find more cost-effective locations nearer the city centre - but the Radisson Blu would be a decent option. If I have to return to chennai to work (and I hope that I do!) then I will be looking to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
RadissonBluCCChennai, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai City Centre, responded to this review, 4 October 2013