“A quiet palace in responsible luxury”

ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
Ranked #2 of 437 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel looks expensive but it is a bargain. Thick walls and well insulated windows turn it into a sanctuary in bustling Chennai. You can sleep like a baby. The room can be controlled entirely with the iPad provided and serbice is swift and good. Breakfast buffet nothing to compain it's all there Indian, European, other Asian foods.

Room Tip: Chose far from elevators and on upper floor if you like silence like me.
1  Thank Martin_Widmer
Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words off appreciation on the in-room iPad, the breakfast buffet and the cuisine served at our restaurants.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Chennai and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola again soon.

Vice President South & General Manager ITC Grand Chola

Write a ReviewReviews (3,101)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

absolutely fantastic hotel,,have stayed here twice and would definitely recommend it without any 2nd thought.

excellent service and one of the most helpful,attentive and courteous staff i have seen in any hotel.
and the care is genuine,not part of a SOP.
Food of course is the highlight in any ITC property and it doesn't disappoint you at all.Breakfast is very elaborate.

the only hitch is from the entrance to the hotel you have to go around the entire hotel to reach the lobby,i don't know if its temporary as you have guards at every corner standing the entire day and night directing your car.
if you have the budget,go for the tower rooms.the iPad to control almost every feature in the room is a fun thing.

2  Thank babsNagpur
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Excellent ambience, service and decor. I really enjoyed my stay at this sprawling property thats artfully designed and caters to all kinds of hospitality needs. I also used a conference room which was also very nice.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted by your kind words of appreciation on the ambience, service, décor and conference facilities.

We look forward to your return and to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Property wise excellent. The building itself is very grandeur . Very well spaced out. Good planning. Service at front desk very cordial n pleasant. Checkin pretty fast. Interiors well made n made to look neat. Rooms r very well sized . Very tech savy. Good use of the ipad for controlling all amenities of the room. Also allowing in room service order placement . Restaurants well placed. Service is good. Responsive staff . Checkout process good. Overall a nice place to stay at chennai

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that our team was able to look after you well. We are particularly proud of our in-room iPad and we are glad you found it to be useful.

We look forward to your return and to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

A brand new property of ITC Welcome group in the heart of city. Massive hotel with 600 rooms. Never seen this big size of room and bathroom. Every thing in the room is operated through I pad. Price is very reasonable as compared to the property and facility. Complimentry drinks and snacks in the lobby bar for Tower wing guests. The famous Peshawari (Bukhara) restuartant is now located here.

Room Tip: facing Swimming pool.
1  Thank manmeet42

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted you had a comfortable stay with us in The Towers. The in-room iPad is indeed a unique offering and we are glad you found it useful.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I came for a month long business trip to Chennai and looked to stay in a Hotel in Chennai which provided me with adequate facilities, a room I can feel safe and comfortable in, my temporary home for me to recharge and regroup.

This Hotel met all my expectations. Special thanks to Mr Satvik Joshi. His unsurpassed service and excellent client skills helped re-inform my opinion of being in a Top Luxury Class Hotel in Chennai. I decided to stay the whole duration of my trip even as my colleagues joined me in Chennai later on and were staying in another Top Luxury Hotel in Chennai. I was fully satisfied with the facilities, my room and the impeccable service of its staff so have no good reasons to wander.

I felt very well looked after by the staff from the front office, housekeeping, guest relations, restaurants, luggage attendant and Spa, some included here: Shrijaya, Baishali, Sheela, Avinash, Priya, Hritika, Arasu, Jessica, Jeremy, Shalom, Sunny, Vernadine, Deepan, Thendup, Shiva, Champa, Vijayakala, Rippi, Noufal, Aku, Premlata, Asem, Sahil and Arjun Jerath.

The check-in was very pleasant (Arjun and Champa), and I sensed very quickly that they took care to offer me the best they can, the profile I have: female guest travelling alone, long stay. I must have been given their best EVA room for the corporate rate we paid for I fell in love with everything about my room right-away, down to the feminine touches. I was very relieved after a long, tiring journey that I can finally let my guard down when in my room. The room, to be my ‘home’ for more than a month, I look for spaciousness and layout that made me feel in harmony and not claustrophobic.

The first night at the Hotel, I was able to sleep through the night, compared to 10 days of interrupted sleep in another Luxury Hotel. The rooms on the EVA room floor (all women), I felt secure with female security staff along the corridors. As a women travelling alone, I am always wary of the danger of walking along the corridor of Hotel rooms if there are no signs of a robust security system in place.

The housekeeping staff who serviced my room:Avinash and Priya took care of every details so I did not have to ask for my needs to be met! The morning breakfast times are always pleasant; food is delicious and a lot of choices and I would be greeted by staff who after a while, remembered what I like and always with a ready smile. It felt like being in a welcoming home! If I have a nightmare, encountering Deepan in the restaurant puts me in a good mood, for he is always so full of positivity. At the Spa, Noufal’s Ayurvedic skills is one of the best I have tried so far and since back in the US, my colleagues have complimented me on how I look—I attribute mostly to his treatments and also to all the pampering and care I received at Grand Chola even as my trip can be challenging and hours long, which has a tendency to affect one's look and image professionally as well.

It will be very hard to persuade me to stay in another Hotel if I return to Chennai. Thank you, Mr Satvik and all the wonderful staff at the Hotel! Thank you for your care and thoughtful service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LiChen23

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to learn that our team was able to make you feel at home during your stay with and could customize your experience to your preferences.

The EVA wing of the hotel is indeed a unique offering of ITC Hotels and we are glad you found it to be safe and secure.

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation for the team.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I would like to put in a special mention for Sagar Khatri and Abhimanyu at peshawari who gave us a service that made us feel at ease and welcomed ! Which made us come for more ! The stay and the rooms blew us up ! A brilliant service with a blend of amazing food and the touch of chennai! Thats what is expected out a brand like itc and it certainly did deliver exceedingly well to what was promised ... Hope to return back again