“excellent”

ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
Ranked #2 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 26 June 2014

fantastic stay at itc chola. large rooms, comfortable stay.there are many restaurants on dite to select from. the breakfast is very good.every hotel staff has been traineed and are always helpful towards each guest and their needs as well.............

1  Thank ranveermakwana
Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that our team was able to look after you well.

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation on the rooms and the breakfast selection.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola again soon.

There are newer reviews for ITC Grand Chola, Chennai

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a magnificent hotel with extraordinary delicious food, top class service in a beautiful environment. Needs to be experienced!
Please visit the restaurant Peshawri and try their Dal Bukhara, you will not regret it!

1  Thank Louise E

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at ITC Grand Chola that you particularly relished our signature Dal Bukhara at Peshawri.

We look forward to many more opportunities to serve you and eagerly await your return.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice place. Large rooms, comfortable bed. Staff is very friendly. Bathrooms are a good size as well. Separate bath/shower. Workout room is well equipped. There are many restaurants on site to select from. The breakfast is also very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant to stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments on the room, the restaurants and the breakfast selection.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I think by far the best place to stay in India, everything has been planned correctly as needed, you might just not want to leave the place. Every hotel staff has been trained and are always helpful towards each customer inside the hotel building.

Room Tip: I have always taken the Tower rooms
1  Thank Rajesh V
Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Excellent property, Brand new and little too large.Entrance is slightly confusing. One has to go around the hotel and use the back gate to enter. Reception is great and service quality is really great.

Scope for improvement - 1. The study table is just below the TV. Not well designed. One cannot multiplex. 2. Internet should be free for at least few hours and that too for SPG members.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite a walk from the lift. Suggest choosing a room nearer to the lift.
1  Thank HKBangalore
Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have made note of your comments on the potential areas of improvement.

Thank you for your kind comments on the property, the reception and the team at the hotel.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I chose this hotel to stay in for two evenings because of the reivews on tripadvisor.

The hotel itself is absolutely massive and incredibly easy to get lost in. I chose one of the ITC One rooms because of all of the impressive amenities, room size and the ITC One exclusive lounge that were all told about on their web site.

I arrived at the main reception area and was told that I was at the wrong reception and was taken to another reception which was suppose to be a more prestigious area I guess because I was a premiere level guest. This other reception area had only two desk agents and both were busy so I just stood there waiting until one of the gentlemen finally noticed me and pointed toward a seating area. Once I was checked in I was shown to my room and areas of the ITC One guests was pointed out however, I have to say I was never shown exactly where to go for what. The gentleman leading me to my room simply said (we were walking along a walkway that was open to the floor below), "You get breakfast down there". I was never told where the ITC One Lounge was or what was available to me there.

The room was large but there was a very overpowering fragrance in the room of fake pine. The room itself was a generous size, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very nicely appointed.

I discovered quickly that the odd smell in the room was a plug in room deodorizer which after several hours gave me the worst migraine I have ever experienced. I unplugged it and placed a note on it for the turn down attendant to remove it and not replace it until after I had checked out.

I went down to the ITC One pool area which is right beside the other pool, but there were no mats on any of the loungers and no towels to went over to the other pool where it had been set up. The pool area was lovely and there were several attendant but they just stood together chatting and took no time to interact with me, their only guest.

There is a large outdoor changing area, but once again no one had told me about it.

Afterward I decided to wander around and take some photos of the grand staircase and happened to wander upon the ITC One Lounge. Which had a sign stating the hours of operation so decided to stop by later on. I am extremely happy I did as this was the highlight of the hotel. The greeting and service was gracious the server chatted with me taking interest in my visit. The beverage service which was free, was quick and there were complimentary snacks. My compliments to the team here!

When I got back to my room no one had come to do turndown so finally at 8:30 I called to request it. The attendant showed up about 10 minutes later and did a nice job prepping the room for me. Unfortunately I didn't receive the same service the next evening. This attendant did the minimum to service the room and the asked sternly, "Anything else sir?" and made a hasty exit.

I had an early flight to Madurai the next morning to do some business so was up early and proceeded to the ITC reception. The was the worst part of my experience. On the first bill there was an incorrect charge for internet service so it was altered and I was presented with another copy to look over. The second bill seemed high but it was very early and I didn't notice the error so I have the attendant my credit card (don't know why they needed it since I gave it to them at check in) and it was processed. When the bill and slips were brought back to me, I questioned the amount of the bill and looked more closely and realized that they had charged me for the room which I had prepaid when I booked on their website. I pointed this out and the attendant went back to his computer and searched for about 10 minutes before he returned with yet another bill for the accurate amount. Once I agreed on the amount he then went back to his desk again, voided the original charge on my credit and put through the one for the correct amount. No apology for the inconvenience, I was just shown down to my waiting car.

Last to mention, their website states airport transfer assistance but know that it is just that, assistance in arranging a car at a charge. There are "lesser" hotels in Chennai that offer free car service pickup and drop off free of charge.

The hotel is large, the rooms are nice but slightly worn already and in my opinion there must be better options in Chennai. I would not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: room 907 has lovely views of the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank pmdugas

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We sincerely regret to hear about your unpleasant experience at ITC Grand Chola and would like to assure you that this is certainly not what ITC Hotels stands for. Your feedback has been viewed seriously and I have personally ensured that necessary corrective measures are initiated.

We hope you will allow us an opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Fantastic Hotel - Grand building preserving the Chola dynasty culture & modern amenities - absolutely awe inspiring with the interior walls in exquisite marble, the service right from the entrance makes you feel like a king in a palace. The dining experience with a variety of kitchens with excellent food needs to be experienced. I wish to take my family along the next time I visit Chennai.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted by your kind words of appreciation. The hotel architecture has indeed been inspired by the legendary Cholas.

We hope you will visit us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola soon.