“Simply comfortable n worth the stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hyatt Chennai

Park Hyatt Chennai
Ranked #7 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
“Simply comfortable n worth the stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed at Park Hyatt Chennai.
It was indeed a most satisfying experience. Excellent facilities in the rooms, very comfortable, friendly service, very well maintained.
The F&B department is awesome, fabulous cuisine, my compliments to all the chefs.
Fully recommend it, will always stay in this property.

Room Tip: All are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alexilsarto
Pearl_Fernandes, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Alexilsarto,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at Park Hyatt Chennai.

We were pleased to hear of your positive experience and will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team.

Our endeavor is to exceed our guest’s expectations and we really appreciate your valuable feedback.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai.

Pearl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is fairly new. The rooms are very nicely done and comfortable. Staff is excellent and very helpful. The restaurants are quite good and have a wide variety to select from. I also found the gym to be excellent too and the equipment was also new and great quality (LifeFitness brand).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dfranjko
Pearl_Fernandes, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear dfranjko,

Thank you for posting your kind remarks about your experience at Park Hyatt Chennai on TripAdvisor.

It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with excellent service and I am glad that you found our team helpful. Our Fitness Centre is equipped with the latest cardio and strength training machines and we are pleased that you have appreciated our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit!

Jalandhar, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I will say two and only two words about this hotel is "JUST AWESOME". I visited Chennai for medical purpose and stayed in this hotel for 3 days in the month of September, 2013. Actually I had visited Chennai many times but this time my local friend suggested to stay in this hotel and I accepted his suggestion which was not wrong.
The location of this hotel is very good. Check-In process was very easy and less time-consuming. I was just amazed to see the fantastic interiors of this hotel. Here, I found very much helpful, friendly and lovely staffs. The room was not only good, it was very good, well-decorated and spacious. Breakfast buffet was excellent. The food was tasty and well-appreciable. I didn't used the spa but my lover used it and she told me that it was fantastic. House-keeping was very much efficient. The most appreciable point is that the staffs of this hotel are very much polite and well-behaved.
On behalf of my personal experience, whenever I will visit Chennai in future, I will like to stay in this hotel again and again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KumarS_ST
Pearl_Fernandes, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear joy1221,

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognizing the facilities at Park Hyatt Chennai as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Park Hyatt Chennai.

Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt in Chennai. Very helpful staff.
Lovely pool, lovely massage, and lively restaurants.
I had hurt my knee before arrival and felt like a member of royalty arriving
They double billed me by mistake but were very courteous in getting this fixed.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Pearl_Fernandes, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear mrJRJ,

Thank you for positive comments about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Chennai.
We appreciate your feedback and will most certainly share it with our teams.

Our apologies for the error in billing and glad it was amended immediately.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Park Hyatt Chennai.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Chennai this past August and it was quite probably the most enjoyable experience I have had at a hotel in India. I witnessed the hotel's amazing service almost right as I walked in, and I continue to see this at the reception desk and in the restaurants. The spa, like the rest of the hotel, is tastefully designed, and the rooftop infinity pool was stunning. The flying elephant is the best restaurant I went to in Chennai and I must have had half of my meals there. The brunch is not to be missed!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rtshey
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear rtshey,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Park Hyatt Chennai.

Your comments are very much appreciated and we are very proud here at Park Hyatt Chennai to have a wonderful team that is dedicated to making our guest experiences truly memorable.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Antahpura Spa and the rooftop infinity pool as well as The Flying Elephant, and will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the respective teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai.

Chennai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have been to Hyatt more than 5 times this year. Every time I have been amazed by their, grand interiors, friendly courteous staff and food. Centrally located at the heart of the city, it is easily approachable from any part of the city. It has good facilities for mini and mega workshops. Flying Elephant rocks!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sophizz
Thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor.

We value your positive feedback about the friendly and courteous employees and the delicious food you experienced.

Thank you once again for staying with Park Hyatt Chennai and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here for one night in September 2013. I arrived very early in the morning and had a quickly checked in without any issues. Had a city facing room on a higher floor, gave a very good view of the city. It is a true 5 star luxury hotel and is located very close to the airport, takes approximately 20-30 minutes at Velachery Road, near Raj Bhavan and ITC Chola. Like overall Chennai, the roads around the area are dug up for construction of the metro rail and hence traffic is a bit of a problem. Rooms are spacious with good finishing, appropriate lighting and an ipod docking station. Bathrooms are well equipped with toiletries and towels. Mattresses are extremely cosy and soft giving an excellent sleep quality. I faced only one little glitch towards the end of my stay as the room key did not work and I was locked out of the room. But not a big issue as this was immediately resolved. Staff was very courteous and polite and provided excellent service. Breakfast spread did not seem great but quality of food was very good. Food service was slightly slower than expected but no complains. Overall I loved the hotel. An excellent place to in Chennai and look forward to staying there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Higher floor has a good city view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank akhilbheda
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear akhilbheda,

Thank you for staying with Park Hyatt Chennai and sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to hear that your guest room experience was excellent and appreciate your compliments about the service provided by our team. Your comment about your room key not working has been investigated and resolved by reprogramming the electronic lock.
Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai soon.