“What you see is not What you Get!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Step Inn Serviced Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chennai (Madras)
Step Inn Serviced Apartments
Singapore, Singapore
“What you see is not What you Get!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at StepInn in October 2013 and was welcomed early morning by manager, Mr. Jagadish. It is centrally located in R.A.Puram. I was provided an early check-in at no extra charge when I directly booked with them. They suggest you to go for higher tariff rooms even when the lower range ones are available. It was partly available in my case but I wasn't informed. The rooms are excellent. The comfortable beds, good silent air conditioners and excellent lightning make sure you can relax well. The showers are good and toiletries surprisingly are of very good quality.

There is no option of round the clock room service. They have menu from various nearby restaurants. Most of them are okay, but you need to be very careful about what to order. Breakfast was okay, not impressive. There are two choices, western or south indian and you need to tell them the previous night about what you would like to eat.
The staff are friendly and do their every bit to make the stay memorable.

Room Tip: Choose the one towards open terrace.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ShivamB8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We r couples from singapore,

Stayed for 6 days with Highly comfortable rooms!!!

Step inn provide us a happy memorable stay with high privacy and Peaceful days.

I strongly recommend all to choose it, if u have a trip to chennai.

Very kind staffs and services

Don't judge the place by its outlook

As it has old type elevator but it lift us to a comfortable and Esteemed place in its 7th floor

It located main place near to satya studio, janaki college, thiru vi ka bridge from adayar.

Land mark for auto:
*It's behind petrol bulks (3bulks near)
*Next to satya studio
*Opposite to andhra mahila sabha
* After Thiru Vi Ka bridge from adayar Fortis(Malar) hospital.

Frequently auto available below the apartment (Rams flat).

Bus stop is walkable by 100mtrs

View from the room is wonderful!!

Very professional and helpful guys!!

I had cheek out at 1200 but still they allowed to kept my bags until 1830.
And also they allow me refresh afr I came back to take luggages to airport.

Recommend all to have a pleasant stay to enjoy your trip!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boopathee
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Step Inn is located at one of the most popular areas in Chennai. Thought its at a busy junction, its a little hard to spot coz there are no big signs to tell you about this amazing place, but trust me its not how it looks like from the outside.

Situated on the 7th floor of a multistory apartment, I was curious while getting into the lift if this would be a bad choice but to my surprise this had been the best I ever made. Actually my wife was surprised for once that I made a really good decision.

The second I entered the lobby I knew that the phrase "Dont Judge A book by its cover" is really true. This is one remarkable place, Jagdish the manager there had welcomed us and he is an amazing guy. He showed us around without any hesitation and was really friendly.

The place was very neatly kept and for a very nominal cost we were getting a 5 Star stay. I was surprised that I could actually sleep peacefully during the day with all the traffic running wild downstairs.

Breakfast was complementary and we had a choice of both South Indian and Continental. I chose the South Indian breakfast and my wife prefers toast with a glass of orange juice. The food is fresh and the room service was spot on.

In a nutshell if your looking for a quite and clean room, Free Wifi, 5 star experience with access to the major locations around the city then Step Inn is the best. I have stayed here over 5 times and never had any issues or complaints with the amazing staff or service.

Cheers to me for finding such an amazing place ;)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kram1988
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We arrived in Chennai after a stop over in KL and my partner and I were both quite tired, we were expecting a taxi from the airport to the accomodation but that wasnt there upon leaving the terminal. We had no problems finding another ride through heavy congestion but the taxi driver had no idea where to go and found it difficult to get to the address, which was later confirmed by the hotel staff. Upon arriving at the rather run down apartments my partner was not impressed, we walked around in the dark to find the tiny little elevator and weren't sure if it would make it to the 7th floor. The apartments are very badly labelled. After all this I was pleasantly surprised when we made it to the top, the entrance is quite well decorated, simple but modern and the staff were excellent in welcoming us and making sure we felt at home. The room was small but very nice and had everything we needed. I would recommend staying here to my friends and family for a short stop over. The indian breakfast was very nice and we left with a good impression of the accomodation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rajrunga, Owner at Step Inn Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us and for taking the time to share it with your fellow travelers. We truly appreciate it.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely
Raj Kumar Rangachari
Haql
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

It was a remarkable,rememberable stay at StepInn during July & August 2013. Rooms are excellent,service remarkable,Food was delecious.Whatever amenity you ask they will provide.Especially the owner Raju--He takes interest to comfort us.The way he arranged Thirupathi dharshan --unforgettable.Services of Sekar,Shankar and Reena are truly noteworthy.It is a place that i can send my wife or children to stay alone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rajrunga, Owner at Step Inn Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Step Inn

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Step Inn soon

Kind regards,
London,United Kingdon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We found the location was near to the airport and city center. When we took to the lift to 7th floor the apartment was all and more than we expected,very clean comfortable bed, air conditioning,free wi fi and parking. The morning breakfast was delicious and served by friendly staff. We found all the staff friendly , very helpful and maintained a very high standard. The day after we arrived we got meet Mr Raj the owner of the apartments who was very friendly and made us most welcome,he made sure we were happy with everything and to let him know if we needed anything My wife and i were very impressed with Mr Raj's honest approach and would love to come back again.We would like to give a rating of 10/10 and highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: High standard of cleanliness and a comfortable bed.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr.Barnes,

It was a pleasure having you stay at The Step Inn Chennai and we thank you for sharing your review

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Your generous compliments have been shared with the team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

The team and I, look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Kind regards,
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

not the best time of year to visit Chennai as it was incredibly humid, Nevertheless, the hotel is well-located for central Chennai with very courteous ,good,efficient, welcoming and friendly staff and 'owner'. The decor was stylish,hygenic and functional. the room was nicely appointed and a decent size. I particularly liked the the room - for some reason. The apartement terrace was the cherry on the cake.The breakfast was good, as was the rooftop environment and good music.Not to be alarm with the building setup as I think that hotel is more quietly and better located and might choose to stay there next time, away from the noise and traffic of other parts in Chennai.

Room Tip: Last room facing the terrace.....
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank puvan
Dear Puvan

Thank you for choosing to stay at The STEP INN Chennai and for sharing detailed feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that you had an enjoyable experience and that our services and facilities matched your expectations.

Our team members are very motivated when we receive such feedback. It encourages them to continue making an effort towards newer heights of excellence.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.