“Mind blowing hospitality”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 402 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have never ever written any review before but I was so bowled out by the hotel staff hospitality that couldn't resist myself. The staff deserves a pat on their backs. Not only are they friendly, polite and nice but they somehow will find out what you like and will make sure you have it before asking. It was home away from home. For us it didn't felt like a hotel.Even the restaurant staff will make you feel special by cooking your favorite meals. We stayed for 3 weeks and at the end didn't felt like leaving. Will be definitely carrying back good memories.
The only space for improvement(which I felt) was spa.Other than that excellent service, good food and good experience.Thank you for such a lovely time and keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Chandrani M
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a wonderful review, following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai. I hope you homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that we were able to contribute to your overall travel experience whilst your 3 weeks stay at Trident, Chennai and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by the entire team.

I have shared your review with the team and they are “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with everyone - the teams shall truly appreciate your gracious praise.

Our Executive Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by him to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and engaged. I reckon from your comments that we have achieved all that he expects from us in a small measure, for you. It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Warm personal regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was in trident hotel 5 days during a buisenes trip.
The rooms are good, the people very kind and helpfull. The cinamon (buffet) restaurant is excellent.
This hotel has also fitness facility with air conditionning wich is just mandatory when the temperature is around 42°C!!
The only thing to improve for me : the room was on the parking, and even with a good phonic isolation we can hear planes (fortuantly not a lot) and horns. but you can sleep well.
WIFI is not free.

Room Tip: rooms at swiming pool side is better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad to read your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Trident. We really appreciate you taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Your comments on room have been well noted and I have initiated remedial action in conjunction with the housekeeping / front desk team, I assure you of a quieter room for all your future stays with us.

With regard to internet, I would like to inform you that we do have ‘Business Traveller's Plus Package’. This package has been custom made for business travellers and includes complimentary internet. Please let me know your future date of arrival by sending an email to me at dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com in order to make reservations under the same.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits. We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Located conveniently close to the airport, the new business districts of Oragadam, Mahindra World City, Maraimalai Nagar, Guindy and 10 minutes from the Chennai Trade centre, the Trident, Chennai welcomes its guests for a relaxing stay. Set amongst five acres of lush, tropical gardens, the elegant low-rise hotel caters to the business community and leisure travellers with 167 rooms, business facilities, bar, restaurants, well equipped spacious, gymnasium and exclusive spa.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our hotel.

It is heartening to get such reviews and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Chennai. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your gracious praise.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Ambience is good. Has a very large lobby. Very quiet lobby, surroundings and inside the room. Very courteous staff. Warm welcome on arrival. Fast check in. The rooms are neat, adequately furnished. Ambience in the room is good. Comfortable bed and chairs. Restaurants were at lobby level. Pool & Spa are extra ordinary also the garden is nice to freak out in the evening.

Room Tip: Road side rooms are better for sulight & view.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed our location, facilities, garden, ambience and most importantly -Service. People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories. It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

I have shared your review with the team, they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

After booking the hotel and sending a mail in order to arrange my link between the aeroport and the hotel, I was pleased and well surprised to receive very soon a confirmation from the management of the hotel announcing me that a car will arrive to pick me up.
Also the reply was containing many useful information to be use in case of problems.
The hotel is located near the airoport about 15min tops.
Excellent welcome staff at any hour (I was arriving at 05:00 am local time).
The room was very nice, cold air and water&fruits&tea as compliments every day.
The food is great and also the service.
the price of the room per night is also a very good deal.

The internet is not free - this is the only minus point that I will give.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review. We very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

We were especially delighted to read your positive comments you made about the location, food, room and services. I have shared your review with the team; They are also excited to know about your experience. Thank you!! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident next time your travels take you to Chennai.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I really enjoyed at Trident Hotel with their warm welcome and their Hospitality available at 24X7. Even had a good dine all the days with your own choice of food being prepared by expertise Chef who will be at your service for your satisfaction. Hope visit again and again....

Room Tip: Try choosing the rooms with road side and Airport side view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Trident in Chennai.

I am glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I have shared your review with the team, especially the Chefs -they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated. Thank you! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Trident is the first hotel that took the opportunity and answered in a personal e-mail by the general manager to my completed Guest Questionnaire.
He advised me for future reservations and thanked for the very good review I gave on their massage therapist Wang for her superb Bali-Massage.
At dinner buffet the chef prepared fresh grilled fish specially for me.
Excellent desserts.

Very pleasant service and best location to airport.

Wlan is not included in the not so cheap prices but there are special "Business Travelers Plus Packages" including internet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NormaBates

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read your positive comments on food and Trident Spa.

I have shared your review with the team, especially the Chefs and therapist (Wang) -they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

Thank you! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Chennai or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.