“trident hotel stay”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 14 June 2014

trident hotel is the place to stay in chennai. great food, nice service and friendly staff. very close to the airport just 10 minutes maximum. main city market is far from the hotel that is the only minus point.

1  Thank viv09
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

There are newer reviews for Trident, Chennai

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just the place one would want to stay when on a visit to a new city........good food, great service and superb attention to detail. Rates are indeed 5 star... but than the product & service too is 5 star !! Special mention to their Gym staff and Spa treatment ladies......... very professional and great massage & treatment. Generally all their staff from F&B, Chefs, front desk, security, housekeeping, In room dining, restaurants are very professional and superb in their job. Only one area of improvement- menu and standards at Cinnamon Buffet does fall short a bit for dinner - specially for the price they charge- the non-veg choice of dishes and quality need fair amount of positive tweaking- It is not bad, but there certainly is room for improvement for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a wonderful review, following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai. I hope your homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed our great location, food, gym, spa and most importantly -Service. People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

I have shared your review with the team and they are “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praises with everyone - the teams shall truly appreciate your gracious praise.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you. Your comments on food have been well noted and have initiated corrective measures in conjunction with the Chefs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels, whenever your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel immediately appears very nice and comfortable; I have been there many times, but I always have to stop in the swimming pool area to have a view of the hotel and its fabulous garden.
And in the evening, after hours of hard work, there's not a better way to end the day than to have a dinner in the Samudra restaurant where cook Raghavan will serve you any type of fish speciality accompained by the made by him superlative Ginger and Tamarind pickle that has not competitors in the world.

Room Tip: rooms facing the swimming pool have an excellent view and are quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed our facilities, garden, swimming pool and most importantly -Service. People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories. It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

I have shared your review with Raaghavan, he is truly inspired to note that his efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Trident hotel is very well suited for those spending a day or two between flights although not particularly well located for general Chennai tourism. The staff were professional yet warm and welcoming.
The rooms were spacious and well appointed and even those facing the main road (and airport runway) were relatively quiet. The buffet breakfasts were good and evening meals in the Samudra restaurant were a delight with the best food we had during our three weeks in South India.

Room Tip: Best to seek a room away from the main road
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a wonderful review, following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai. I hope you homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that we were able to contribute to your overall travel experience whilst your stay at Trident, Chennai and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by the entire team.

We appreciate your feedback and appreciation, especially the comments you made on food at Samdura and Cinnamon. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Staff are warm, friendly and helpful. They treat us as their relative. You feel at home. Even some staff do their job 'Beyond the call of duty'. Some improvement is needed in food area at Cinnamon, nevertheless it is minor. The offers shall be well projected to attract and bring big smiles in the customers (Relatives)

Room Tip: Higher rooms are good as less disturbance and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time at Trident, Chennai and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by the entire team.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

On our way back to London from the Andaman Islands our super efficient holiday company, India Holidays, booked us into the Trident as an overnight .. close to the airport I wasn't expecting much. However we found reception, hospitality and service at this hotel exceptional, the room was first class and the restaurant well above expectation. The biggest treat was the pool, apart from the drama of an occasional low flying airliner was the ubiquitous pool attendant.. not only handing out towels and taking drink orders in a warm and cheerful manner, but proactively encouraging and teaching children in the pool.. after a short time the guests sitting around the pool engaged and applauding the children's swimming progress.
5 stars.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are more entertaining.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed our location, facilities, room, restaurant and most importantly -Service. People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with this wonderful team. It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

I have shared your feedback with ‘Bala’ our pool attendant. He is truly inspired to note that his efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Trident Chennai has a leisurely / resort-like feel to the property, one step inside the hotel & you are transported from the hustle bustle & chaos of Chennai into tranquility & serenity.

The rooms, food, service is all top-class.

The restaurants are nice, the bar is well stocked.

The business center, meeting rooms & hotel cars are all very well kept.

The bathrooms & the bar do look dated (not to be read as dysfunctional / inefficient, just plain dated) & can do with refurbishment.

The elevators need replacement, are realllly slow, it's often faster to walk up / down a flight of stairs.

The highlight is the spa, fitness center & the pool, the back area of the hotel has an awesome resort like feel to it!!

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing room while checking-in, preferably on the Ground level. The rooms facing the ro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and posting such a wonderful review on our hotel facilities and services.

It is heartening to get such reviews and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Trident in Chennai. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your gracious praise. I appreciate your recommendations on ‘bathrooms, bar and elevator’, I shall definitely escalate your feedback to the project/Engineering /facility planning team for further action.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Warm regards