“EXCELENT SERVICE, BEST HOTELS OF THE WORLD”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stay for work and always made me feel at home. excellent facilities. Better service will be difficult to find. The service of the people who work there is excellent. It was a pleasure stayed in this Hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank berenice_delgado
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a wonderfully crafted precise review, following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai. I hope you homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed the facilities and most importantly - service. People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

I have shared your review with the team and they are delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels take you to this part of the world; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Dhiraj Mehta

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel staff will spoil you for any other place. Absolutely magnificent service.. Great food..eager to serve..do enjoy the home made ice cream.. My family love this place..choose a suite if you are with kids or go for another room

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a wonderfully crafted precise review, following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai. I hope your homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

We were thrilled to read that you and your family had such a great time and that you enjoyed our food and the outstanding hospitality. We were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by the entire team.

I have shared your review with the team; They are “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with everyone. It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident Chennai whenever your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and and I stayed at the Trident for 2 nights while on a trip round southern India. The hotel is modern and a fair distance from the centre of Chennai. Nice hotel but due to location I think would suit business travel rather than pleasure. The hotel is also very expensive, certainly compared to all of the other locations we've been to in southern India. Great food and staff are very friendly and attentive. Would recommend this hotel but at a cost. I also think wifi should be free as with most of the hotels we've stayed at in India are. Come on Trident wifi should no longer be a chargeable luxury!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HuddersfieldRon
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I trust you are well and your homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

I am glad to note that your recent stay was comfortable and most services rendered were to your satisfaction.

I regret to note that you found our prices high although we endeavor to price ourselves in line with similar stature hotels in the city. Your comments definitely call for a review of our pricing strategy which we shall in due course.

Your comments on Wifi internet have been well noted. I would like to inform you that we have introduced ‘Business Traveller's Plus Package’. This package has been custom made for business travellers and includes complimentary internet. Please let me know your future date of arrival by sending a mail to me at dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com in order to make reservations under the same.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Chennai. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice place to stay for Business, Leisure and very close the airport. The staffs are very cooperative and helpful. The ambience is very nice. Hotel Cars is a blessing and the drivers will never miss u in the city.
I enjoyed very much..

Room Tip: Ask for the Garden view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. I have shared your review with the team; they are also excited to know about your experience. Thank you!! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I must tell you this hotel is value for money in all the aspects. Very good hospitality with nice ambiance and close proximity to Airport. They offered me a late check out at 6pm on next day which was really surprising for me.

They just need to improve in services of their Cinamon Restaurant because they took too much of time to serve the food on 02 Aug 14. Hope hotel management will take appropriate action and improve the services in my next visit.

Room Tip: Make sure to place an order of your choice of food before you reach their cinamon restaurant because...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and posting a review on our hotel and its services. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

At the outset, please do accept my sincere personal apologies for the inconvenience caused to you owing to inadequacies in the restaurant services whilst your stay.

We endeavor to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. I have since addressed these issues with respective chefs and the service team personally. I assure you that corrective action has been taken and I am confident you will notice a marked improvement during your next stay with us.

While I can fully understand that this might have marred your impression of Trident hotels, please allow me to assure you that this represents a departure from our normal standards of service and we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to correct your perception.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai.
Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Chennai or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Trident Chennai is a good hotel which makes you feel a place home away from home. The greenery and quite rooms make you feel good. most important factor is the courteous warm friendly staff who make you feel you are at home. Chennai Airport transit has two very good properties Radisson Blu GRT and this Trident . they compliment each other and are Two Super Stars at Chennai near Airport.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the garden view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a wonderful review, following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai. I hope you homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time during your stay with us. I have shared your review with the team. They are “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with everyone.

Our Executive Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by him to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and engaged. I reckon from your comments that we have achieved all that he expects from us in a small measure, for you. It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Trident Chennai whenever your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

at arrival, none for luggages. My room was already occupied (very unprofessionnal) by another customer. The bottle of water is 3 times the price of the market. Everything is similar (means between 3 and 7 times the normal price), including 175 Rs for 30 minutes of internet. Windows are not well finished. Damaged furnitures. Just an average business hotel faking a palace. The only positive thing is the free transfer to the airport.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I fully appreciate the concerns raised and deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you owing to wrong allocation of room. It was an inadvertent error by one of our front desk team members.

With regard to internet please allow me to explain: we do have breakfast and internet inclusive rates on our web site – “Business traveler plus” is customized to travel needs of guests such as yours. I regret that my colleagues did not inform you proactively of the same. We shall be more careful of this in future.

Since most renowned Internet service providers do levy charges for high speed internet hence it entails a cost, although we are priced in line with hotels of similar stature in the city unless bundled up in the room rate.

I have also noted your constructive comments on guest rooms and have initiated corrective action in this regard. Thank you !

I sincerely hope that you shall treat these instances in isolation and let it not mar your impression of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident, whenever your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best regards