“Good location; well-maintained; surprisingly quiet”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Secunderabad, India
“Good location; well-maintained; surprisingly quiet”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Nice hotel with good service. Though it seemed older than the average (going by the electrical and bath fittings), it was spotlessly clean and well-maintained. Location is close to the Airport, so don't expect very good / clean / trendy surroundings, but the hotel itself was quiet and service was very good.

The bar was well-stocked and food was good on all occasions that we tried it. Slightly more expensive compared to similar hotels nearby, but I felt it was worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet. Most rooms seemed to have some kind of a green view, which points to a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Troglophile
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

We were especially delighted to read your positive comments that you made about the food, hotel services and the location. I have shared your review with the team; They are equally excited to know about your experience. Thank you!! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident next time your travels take you to Chennai.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Dhiraj Mehta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2014

When you are traveling in different countries wheelchair accessibility is hard to find and usually not up to international standards. Here it was well laid out for easy wheelchair access, 36 inch wide doors, roll in shower, with built in seat, and roll under sink. The bed and toilet were at an appropriate height for easy wheelchair transfers. This room was on the ground floor no need to use the lift (elevator). But it was a single room. Breakfast buffet was excellent. The hotel staff was excellent also. Usually I stay at hotels near the city center but with the chennai traffic, the Trident is in a great location only 10 min from the airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Naveen26
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review - we very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

We were especially delighted to read your positive comments you made about the hotel location, breakfast, facilities and most importantly service. I have shared your review with the team; they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated. Thank you!! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits. We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Many thanks once again.

Warm regards

Trident Chennai
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 22 August 2014

It is not the first time I stay in this hotel but each time they surprise me with their professionalism and kindness.This time they upgraded me in a suite : the standard room are really very confortable , clean and with all the amenities....you could imagine a suite !!!
Food is also excellent and staff in the restaurant very kind.
I am travelling to Chennai several times and I will not change hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for so wonderfully crafted review, following your recent stay at the Trident in Chennai. I hope your homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time whilst your stay at our hotel and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by our team.

I have shared your review with my team and they are “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with everyone - the teams shall truly appreciate your generous compliments.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident whenever your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Sincerely

New York
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was very impressed by this hotel. This was my first stay at Trident Chennai. I must say that my stay there was one of the greatest experiences I had at a hotel. There is a very positive quality about the Trident hotels in general, at least the one's I've seen, and so I keep coming back and I'm proud to be a card holding Trident Privilege Club member.

Besides living up to western standards of style, cleanliness, comfort and amazing food and room service, the quality of service by the staff at the Trident Chennai was exceptional. Everyone, from the front desk, to the dining staff and room service, parking attendents, bell hops, all were excellent and they all seemed very happy working there, which is a sure sign that management is doing a great job!

But the most memorable thing I will always remember from my stay at Trident Chennai was the quality of service I received from the front desk staff. I was treated so kindly and greeted with a warm welcoming smile from the moment I arrived until I departed. Anything I needed was gladly given to me promptly. In fact they went out of their way to fulfill my expectations to make my stay there very comfortable, even way beyond my expectations! I have to give a lot of credit to the front desk manager, Nisha, who was so highly professional at her job. She gave me such personal attention and kindly helped me in every way possible. I can't say enough good things about her. Nisha and her staff made my stay at the Trident Chennai one of the best I've had in any hotel. I also give credit to Roohi, the a lovely young lady who checked me in and was extremely kind and helpful to me as well. Thank you all for your hospitality. I will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: A garden room is very quiet and peaceful. But for those who like to watch planes taking off and lan...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

We are glad to read your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Trident. We really appreciate you taking the time to highlight every aspect of hotel stay.

We are delighted to read your positive comments you made about hotel rooms, facilities, food and especially service rendered by the team. I have shared your review with the team; they are happy to note that their efforts were well noticed and appreciated.

People are the life and soul of our hotels. We are truly grateful to the wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories. Above all it is most rewarding to note that you would consider staying at the Trident on your next visit to Chennai.

Our Executive Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi always says that people are the most important aspect of our business. We are constantly reminded by him to select with care, train and support people in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and engaged. I reckon from your comments that we have achieved all that he expects us to in a small measure, for you.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you.

Thank for having chosen to stay with us, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Sincerely

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com
Pune, India
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A lovely, quaint property. Personal touch, excellent cuisine, plenty of facilities, and conveniently located. The Trident has something for everybody, and guests will leave with happy memories. Be sure to try out the seafood restaurant, with live music on most days.

The new Metro construction can be a bother at times. But, once you are inside the hotel, the outside world is easily forgotten.

Room Tip: Avoid the road facing rooms for the moment. Try the Seafood restaurant atleast once during your stay...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nirav S
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel facilities, location, ambience, food and most importantly service. I have shared your review with the team; they are also excited to know about your experience. Thank you!! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Trident and Chennai.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

A perfect place to stay in if you want to relax at the end of your trip and before you take your plane (very close to the airport, 5-10 minutes). Very quiet inside (outside the pleasure to bath in the swimming pool is a bit diminished by the noise of the planes taking off right above the hotel), good restaurants with excellent service, and very good massages at the SPA.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nik-ou-lash
Dear Guest,

We were especially delighted to read your positive comments that you made about the food, hotel services and massage. I have shared your review with the team; They are also excited to know about your experience. Thank you!! It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in TRIDENT Chennai in the first week of Aug,14. In fact I returned after a long gap. The services over there are naturally very good but what special I want to mention is that the staff were remembering my preferences and choices even after a long gap. The quality of service is really above the mark. You just need to remember talking to staff always. e.g. about any personal preferences in dining/breakfast OR any issue you have- let it be any possible delay in boarding flight etc, you have help right on your spot.
Even though most of the time you do not need but in case needed do talk to
Mr Dhiraj Mehta, who recently took charge as GM. He is just so brilliant in understanding your issue in a moment of time and your issue is resolved

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pravin-BLR
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a wonderful review on hotel facilities, staff and services, following your recent stay at Trident in Chennai. I hope your homeward travels were smooth and comfortable.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and most importantly -Service. People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

I have shared your review with the team and they are “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. It will give me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.