“Ooh La LA !”

Le Royal Meridien Chennai
Ranked #23 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Hither n Neither
“Ooh La LA !”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Hats off to the Le Royal Meridien ! It absolutely deserves the acronym of 'Royal". The last of the staff down to the room service boy is an epitome of 'royal' service and hospitality ! Full kudos to the management to ensure that and always with a smile ! The food was fantabulous and a treat - the choice of cuisine and the spread of dishes total mesmerising ! Hope to land there soon with wife for a new 'honeymoon' ! Wish I had a little more time to luxuriate in the tranquil lap of 'Royal' comfort of the 'Meridien" ! MUST STAY hotel !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
NalinaS, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for checking-in with us and sharing your enriching comments on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay at our property and that our location, accommodation, amenities and services matched your expectations. At Le Royal Meridien Chennai, we strive to provide inspiring stays to our patrons and offer superlative services to them. It is nice to learn that our associates took care of your needs and requirements. We thank you for acknowledging their efforts.

Once again, it was great to have you with us and look forward to serve you again.

Nalina Saravanan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pondicherry, India
Reviewed 19 October 2013

had a great stay .. awesome stay with royal meridian. wonderful and experienced staff, restaurant was so bright and the welcome was such an amazing . Ever smiling gift to le meridien from gods own country "shanti" , she creates an happiest dinning . room was totally royal but maintenance works have to be improved, housekeeping was well-done the rooms, travel desk was very helpful. whole teams makes me extend my stay.. thank you all.. we"ll be back...keep it up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
NalinaS, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!

We thank you for choosing us as your host on your recent visit to the city and sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor.

The team at Le Royal Meridien Chennai makes sure our guests leave happier than when they arrived and your review bears a testimony that we were successful in all our endeavors. Shanti with her effervescent smile and nature has indeed always been encouraged by our guests and she is elated to know that her efforts were well recognized by you. Review such as yours will go a long way in motivating us to up our level of services and therefore we can’t thank you enough for your support.

We are looking forward to be of service to you again and thank you for sparing your valuable time for your feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 October 2013

***Actually when I checked in here, I was not holding a reservation but I have received a warm welcome and was escorted to the front desk. The gentleman at the front desk received me like he was expecting my arrival that too with a greeting, I was offered a best package rate with basic needs included with a best welcoming drink, and I was escorted to the room immediately with clear brief about the hotel facilities and promotions, Wow how welcoming it was. As I was tired I was not asked much of questions. Huge beautiful lobby, well trained staff, great hospitality, well equipped gym and clean pool area and the BF was excellent and delicious with live counters with courteous service staffs. I really asked a manager at the lobby to come with me to my place and to train people what exactly hospitality is. Unfortunately I could not stay there longer because of my busy schedule. This is the place (Palace) to stay. I will recommend this hotel to stay, at least to visit when people plan their travel to Chenai***

1 Thank ShadySmith
NalinaS, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 18 October 2013

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai.,

We would like to thank you for choosing at Le Royal Méridien Chennai for your stay and sharing your feedback which will surely help us to improve our services.

We are pleased to learn that you found the property maintenance at par with your expectations and we are happy that your stay at our property was comfortable and enriching.

Once again, thank you for sparing your valuable time for your feedback which will surely motivate our associates and we look forward to be your hosts soon again.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a great stay. Wonderful experience with the hotel staffs. Very near to airport. Excellent service. Next time we will stay here. Checking in the hotel was not troublesome.Good hotel with reasonable rate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai.,

We are delighted to have been the hotel of your choice and it pleases us to know that you had a positive experience and a memorable stay with us.

New Delhi
Reviewed 16 October 2013

While I checked in the receptionist by the name Shruthi did not find my reservation and asked me to wait even though I presented the voucher. I requested for an upgrade and transportation against b/f as I was leaving very early, she got back to me after making me wait for 15 minutes and told me it was not possible. The elevator to go to 2nd floor did not work. There power went off when I entered the room and it took them 20 mins to resolve it. There was illegal service of liquor in the lobby. The matter which i will be reporting to the State Government soon. The internet at business center did not work. AT check out they charged me for breaking a lamp shade and i was shocked as no shade was broken. They reversed those charges as staff named Stanley intervened. Last but not the least they informed me that my prepaid voucher was not valid as the agent has not transferred funds in their account so they asked me to pay for the room too. Duty manager Sriram was very rude and arrogant. I am not staying there ever in my life and will certainly approach the authorities for compensation.

Room Tip: Please avoid this hotel, you can try Trident or Radisson or Habib next door. You will be surely dupe...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
NalinaS, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 21 October 2013

Greeting from Le Royal Meridien Chennai.,

At the onset, let me thank you for having visited Le Royal Meridien Chennai for your stay. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and sharing your valuable feedback regarding the experience at our hotel. Your feedback will surely help us to improve.
It is always disappointing to hear that the people failed to deliver on this occasion. Please accept my apologies for your unpleasant experience. It is our constant endeavor to exceed your expectations and to build a long-term relationship with valuable guest like yourself. Your comments were immediately brought into attention of our Executive committee. We would like to assure you that your concern has been duly noted and we are taking corrective measures to avoid such instances in future.
I do hope that you will be able to put this one off experience deviation behind you and give us another opportunity to serve you. My team and I look forward to meet you in person on your next visit to the hotel.

Mumbai
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Next time I will stay here. Good hotel with reasonable rate. Room was very good. Service was excellent. Checking in the hotel was not troublesome. People are very good. Very near to airport. Excellent

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Le Royal Meridien Chennai!

We thank you for checking-in with us recently and for sharing your review with us. Conveniently located, Le Royal Meridien Chennai aims at organizing best stays for the patrons and offering top-notch services. We are pleased to know that our amenities and the service delivery by our associates fell at par with your expectations. Also, it is a pleasure to know that our location added value to your stay.

Constructive feedback from our guests is the key to our high level of service that we have come to be known for and hence we thank you for this review and for your recommendation. We would be delighted to have you with us again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is one of the most sort after hotels for locals and visitors alike. During my visit, it was completely occupied as there was a marriage happening of one of the rich business family's daughter. The rooms are very nice and clean. I had a comfortable stay here . The service is excellent and the staff is courteous. The food at the Indian restaurant is excellent and it has a traditional set up. Although this hotel is very close to the airport, it is on the expensive side. But the stay here is all worth.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business